Decision Can not be Made - How long before Decision?

dbhatta

Registered Users (C)
Hi All-

I had my N400 interview on July 13th at the Washington office.

I had plead guilty to DUI in April 2005 but did not have proof of my payment of $500 fine. I was also given 1 year of unsupervised probation. If I didn't get in trouble during that time I would be okay if I did get into any other legal trouble I would have to serve jail time.

The IO asked for proof of payment, which I did not have also proof I completed probation. I was under the impression since this was outside the 5 year statutory period I would be okay. Either way I did not have any proof of completion of probation. The mere fact I was not arrested again for violation of probation was sufficient proof that I did not violate it.

I passed the interview but got the "Decision Can not be Made" letter. July 15th I received letter asking for proof of $500 paid and completion of Probation. I went to Arlington County to get it. I could not get any "Completion of Probation" letter, neither from the court or from the Police. They said since I was not reporting to anyone and that since I did not get arrested again that was proof I did not violate my terms. So I had them run a criminal record check which had nothing but my DUI.

I submitted all these documents on July 18th via regular mail. I was in a big rush to get this out so I only put some stamp and dropped it out. Maybe that was a mistake. It has been almost 2 months now and I have not heard anything back.

My online status still says I am scheduled for interview. I called the 800 number and that's all they repeated. I made an Infopass and was told they could not pull my file until it was 120 days past the due date. The due date is October 6th. At this rate it makes sense to file another application rather than wait 5 months on a decision.

What are my options now? Do I just wait? How long is such a wait? I don't see why it would take this long? Could my response have gotten lost somehow? Should I mail them a copy of what I sent just in case?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Did you obtain and submit a "final court disposition"? Did you read it carefully? From what you see on it, does it show the basic "stay out of trouble for a year" unsupervised probation AND does it show the payment(s)?

The officer will have to interpret that documentation. Can you see that it does what it needs to do?

Did you obtain and submit a "final court disposition"? Did you read it carefully? From what you see on it, does it show the basic "stay out of trouble for a year" unsupervised probation AND does it show the payment(s)?

The officer will have to interpret that documentation. Can you see that it does what it needs to do? Does it show what it needs to show?