decipher EAC#

Jai Sharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Any idea what do various digits mean in the EAC#? I guess first two are the year filed and last five are some kind of serial number. what are third, fourth and fifth digits mean?

EAC-YY-???-SSSSS

Thanks.

Jai

I think, you are wrong about second two digits.

I applied my GC on 2001. Why do i get 02 in my serial number.

You'll find the info here -

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#F

Your Receipt:
After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case.

-Regards

Look here

THe 3,4,5 digit are the nth Working Day starting from 01-OCT-

so my case has RD as 28th Jun and the 3,4,5 digit are 231

So when U subtract 01-OCt-2001 from 28-Jun-2002 to get the no of days between them, multiply by 6 and divide by 7, U get those digits

Remember saturdays are working days too...

Kudos to everyone for particiapting actively

Jai Yes it is..... It is a great... Looks like people here in this site will have more knowledge than lawyers, iio's....
Kudos to every one... Keep it up....