December'04 visa bulletin and retrogression

Catch 22

Folks looks like we are going to be screwed royally.......PD's will retrogress..I-485 will not be "adjutication ready" and therefore no I-140 consequently no AC-21.... :mad:

workpermit02 said:
so fi my labor was filed in SESA on June 2001 then my PD is June 2001, my LC with Regional was filed on Aug 2002 and I 485 and I 140 was filed on oct 2003 . In this case what will be my PD. Non of the receipt form shows PD
Thanks

It will be june 01.

bhoonbhu said:
Folks looks like we are going to be screwed royally.......PD's will retrogress..I-485 will not be "adjutication ready" and therefore no I-140 consequently no AC-21.... :mad:

Well, I-485 will still be "adjudication ready". It will just not be adjudicated because of the retrogression. Isn't that right?

nsc030104 said:
Well, I-485 will still be "adjudication ready". It will just not be adjudicated because of the retrogression. Isn't that right?

Correct.....but no matter which way you look at it we are royally screwed by Ohata memo and NSC. :mad:

SADASHIVPETHI/bigbad,
Read this from murthy site
"130s with a priority date not yet available are no longer considered part of the backlog due to USCIS policy to not process such cases until the priority dates are current. The USCIS has not indicated whether it will initiate the same policy with I-140s, should the priority dates retrogress in January 2005 as anticipated."

Can't say anything about 140's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't confuse this with I-140 processing

Guys,
I am not sure if anyone mentioned this in this thread or not.

This so called "retrogression" will affect only I-485 processing; your I-140 processing will not be interrupted.

I confirmed this with my lawyer.

I guess that's a good news because if you are looking to switch employers, atleast you could use AC-21.

bmt74 said:
Guys,

This so called "retrogression" will affect only I-485 processing; your I-140 processing will not be interrupted.

I guess that's a good news because if you are looking to switch employers, atleast you could use AC-21.

Thanks bmt74 for sharing the advise from your attorny to this forum. Atleast this info. will give us little ray of hope on use of AC-21.

Ac21

bmt74 said:
Guys,

Hi BMT,
Do you think without 140 approval can wecchange the employer or did I miss anything over here?
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi BMT,
Do you think without 140 approval can wecchange the employer or did I miss anything over here?
Thanks
KK

bmt

also note that in murthys column she says that they did stop processing 131s for family based cases as there were no visa numbers available for 485. now the thing is if they follow the same pattern which they most probably will, they will hang on to the 140s also till the visa numbers become current.

If priority dates do retrogress in Jan ,how much time would it take them to be current again?The next financial year Oct 2005 when new visa number quoata will be released?????

I guess for people have PD around the 2003 like me will wait 2 years to wait PD became current if they retrogress PD to the begging of 2002.