December Naturalization Interview in Los Angeles?

anna777

Registered Users (C)
I applied on AUGUST 22 for my Citizenship and have my Interview on December 10 (Los Angeles) I have a huge problem. Hubby and I planned a vacation to my country on December 14 through December 28 because my brother is getting married. We already bought tickets and my family will be waiting for us. I noticed there is an oath ceremony in Los Angeles on December 19.

My questions are:

1.- What are the chances that I will be given December 19 as an oath ceremony date or that they'll ask me to take the oath at the interview?, will the officer notify me at the interview or would they send me a letter with such short notice? (9 days between interview and scheduled oath ceremony in L.A.).

2.- If the officer does tell me my oath date is December 19 or that they'll swear me in right there, can I ask him to reschedule it for reasons that I'm going out of the country 4 days after my interview?.

3.- Is it more likely they'll just send me a letter to show up to a January or February 09 ceremony ?

I'll appreciate any help you guys can give me, I know I can always just cancel the tickets but well, lol, hubby won't be too happy to lose 700 bucks.

December Interview

I have an interview on Dec 3rd at Los Angeles Central.
I see there is a ceremony on Dec 19th. Seems like the interval may be too short.
Great if it could be Dec 19th but has anyone an idea of when the following ceremony might be?

1. I don't think you will be scheduled within one week.
2. IO will not schedule you for any ceremony - you will get a letter
3. Yes you will get a letter in the mail... very likely for Jan 09.

Enjoy your trip!

I have an interview on Dec 3rd at Los Angeles Central.
I see there is a ceremony on Dec 19th. Seems like the interval may be too short.
Great if it could be Dec 19th but has anyone an idea of when the following ceremony might be?

Hi TonyK1

here the Los Angeles OATH Ceremony dates schedule
I passed the interview 11/12/2008 and i am waiting for the OATH Letter

CLICK HERE

Oath Jan 2009

The next oath after Dec 19 in LA will be Jan 29, 2009. Actually I hope I could get on the Dec 19 oath ;) cross my fingers.....

Dec 29 oath

I had the my N400 interview today 11/18/08, and the application was approved (recommed for approval). Do you think I will make it to the Oath ceremony on dec 29?

My first post here but I've been browsing this forum for quite sometime now. i just wanted to share my timeline with you guys! :)

I think oath taking takes place a couple of months after the interview.

OT: iluvfra - I was at LACC at 1 pm today too! congratulations!!

10/29/2008 - interview
12/19/2008 - naturalized @ 1PM, LACC

No Oath Letter Yet

I had my citizenship interview on Nov the 12, 2008 in downtown LA. I was recommended for approval. The officer shook my hand and congratulated me. I am assuming I passed. But so far no sign for the Oath letter. It's been over two months now. Can anyone please tell what to expect in this situation?
Thank you in advance