December 2011 Filers

Guys! Did you get 2 biometric appointments???? Today I got one for I-765?????

I got one appointment, but the letter says that it's for two forms: I-130 and I-485. When you go to the biometric center, the *online* form they fill out also states that they are collecting for two different forms (I saw them typing I130 and I485).

What did you get?

I got one for I-485 and one for I-765. My I130 was approved year and a half ago while my wife was still a GC holder.

Mistake in my last comment..

I got one for I-485 and one for I-765. My I130 was approved year and a half ago while my wife was still a GC holder.

@skoja:

I apologise for my last comment, mate. I made a mistake. It wasn't for I-130. I-130 does not require biometrics. It was for I-485 & I-765. I got one sheet of paper with the biometrics appointment date on it, and that sheet/letter had the receipt numbers for my I-485 and I-765. And they entered that on the computer system before taking my fingerprints. If you got two separate, maybe they are being processed by two different center or you sent them separately? I don't know, I'm only speculating. Either way, as long as you have the appointment, that should be a relief.

Got it. I'll try to do both on the same day since it is the sam support center. I assume the won't make a deal out of it.

I have a question, has anyone from the december fillers thread (or from other months) has filled for the I-131 Travel Document? can I travel outside the country if its get approved even tho my i-94 has expired? Thanks!

I have a question, has anyone from the december fillers thread (or from other months) has filled for the I-131 Travel Document? can I travel outside the country if its get approved even tho my i-94 has expired? Thanks!

My lawyer told me not to unless I really have to. So i decided not to apply even I had it filled out. My status expired 2 weeks before I was gonna apply for AOS so I'm not even sure if I was out of status. Im F1 and i'm not sure when do we go out of status

It's too risky even with a I-131. The I-131 cannot guarantee you back in the US at POE. Lawyer said the same thing and I didn't apply for it as well. Made no sense. Why risk being turned back at POE when you can wait a couple more months and don't have anything to worry about.

It's too risky even with a I-131. The I-131 cannot guarantee you back in the US at POE. Lawyer said the same thing and I didn't apply for it as well. Made no sense. Why risk being turned back at POE when you can wait a couple more months and don't have anything to worry about.

Well in my case if everything goes rightist won't be couple of months it would maybe a month. I Chicago AOS process is pretty fast 3-4 months and I131 needs 2-3 so it didn't make sense to me. If my process slows down a little at some point I might consider doing it but everything should be OK I hope.

Status

So, what did you put where it ask about your status in the forms?

My status expired 2 weeks before I was gonna apply for AOS so I'm not even sure if I was out of status. Im F1 and i'm not sure when do we go out of status

My lawyer told me not to unless I really have to. So i decided not to apply even I had it filled out. My status expired 2 weeks before I was gonna apply for AOS so I'm not even sure if I was out of status. Im F1 and i'm not sure when do we go out of status

Did you graduate? If yes, the F-1 give you a 60-day grace period so you wouldn't be out of status 2 weeks after. But if you simply quit school without finishing the program of study, you go out of status once you stop attending classes, with no grace period.

Like I wrote down in the other topic.

Another thing I don't really understand. What is that 180 days they are talking about. LIke if you overstay less than 180 days "your fine". Does anyone knows what's this.

I wrote down Student F1, D/S and I sent me first and last I20. I think even instructions of I485 says whats in your I94. I hope I didn't make a mess with this.

Has anyone gotton any soft LUD after fingerprints? I learnt you can call FBI on 3046255590 to check on your prints update. Do anyone know the information i need to have at hand before calling them?

Another thing I don't really understand. What is that 180 days they are talking about. LIke if you overstay less than 180 days "your fine". Does anyone knows what's this.

If you overstay by 180 days and then leave the US before GC approval, you're banned from returning for 3 years ... 10 years if you overstayed for a year or more.

Soft LUD after fingerprint

Has anyone gotton any soft LUD after fingerprints? I learnt you can call FBI on 3046255590 to check on your prints update. Do anyone know the information i need to have at hand before calling them?

Cliff, I haven't seen any change in the LUD in my portfolio after my fingerprints, which was done Thursday last week (2/3 business days - depending on whether they were available for MLK day). I don't know anything about calling the FBI.

Why would you call FBI. Relax guys everything is OK. The fact that you did biometric earlier doesn't necessary make your case go faster. I've looked at the timelines and there was no difference between people who did biometrics earlier comparing to the people who did them as scheduled. People who did them earlier had a bigger gap between biometrics and IL. So I decided to do everything as scheduled and even after that I'm not expecting to receive anything from USCS for another 3-4 weeks.

Why would you call FBI. Relax guys everything is OK. The fact that you did biometric earlier doesn't necessary make your case go faster. I've looked at the timelines and there was no difference between people who did biometrics earlier comparing to the people who did them as scheduled. People who did them earlier had a bigger gap between biometrics and IL. So I decided to do everything as scheduled and even after that I'm not expecting to receive anything from USCS for another 3-4 weeks.

Not calling them anyways, posted that because of what i read on October filers. For early work in, not sure if it needs speed up process but will surely not slow it down. Some did early work in, received EAD in a month and a week, some in about 44days, all cases are different. All depends on where you live or if you received REF.

Cliff, I haven't seen any change in the LUD in my portfolio after my fingerprints, which was done Thursday last week (2/3 business days - depending on whether they were available for MLK day). I don't know anything about calling the FBI.

Same here. I think after fingerprints, next is approval of work permit or sometimes interview date notification. If you check timeline of the previous filers, some received interview date before work permit authorization. And most people did not receive soft LUD after prints until work permit authoization. Was just wondering if anyone did see soft LUD.

Just got the notices and found out that my mom's case was transferred to the California Service Center, not local office. USCIS says on its website that the processing time of I-130 is 5 months at CSC. Is that an accurate estimate?

Thanks.

Travel DOcument QUestion

even if I travel to my country of origin?? what do I do if my Travel Document gets approved? whats the point of having one? do I shred it?. I dont understand why my lawyer filed the I-131 for me when she knew my I-94 was expired, but then again her assistant was a lil bit scatterbrained. Thanks!