December 2009 family based filers, post here

Hi dhlunar,

Our interview went great this morning, officer asked for our DL's, birth cert., passport and marriage cert. He asked for all the evidence and I gave him copy of my husband's life insurance, joint car insurance, dental insurance and eye insurance. Besides asking for my personal information such as name, last name date of birth, etc... he only asked us how we met. He flipped though our pictures very quickly.
But when he got to the yes and no question, things slowed down... I have a dismissal conditional to be cleared out with court. He asked me to bring this document back once it's ready so they can proceed with my case. I will do it next Monday.
I got confused at some point. He stamped a huge red APPROVED in one of our files but told us the case is pending until I bring this document. He gave me the info to mail it to the uscis and he also suggested me to walk in to the building and try to get the secure guard to let me in even without an appointment. I am considering doing that but also considering getting an info pass. How long does it take to get the info pass?

Don't know how long it would take to get an infopass appointment. You would need to log onto the infopass system to check.

You said the IO stamped APPROVED on one of the forms. It might of been the I-130.

realcool1,
I would send them the 2008 W2 and tax return. If your co-sponsor has already filed for 2009's taxes, then go ahead and include them in your packet. I know they usually look for three years tax papers. That's what i included in mine. I gave them 2006, 07 and 08 tax information. That way they don't have any reason to be sending me RFE's.

Good luck

we sent only the 2009 tax return,but when we are going for the interview we will go with 2007-2009.they only asked for the most recent tax filled.

AP approved today! I'm thrilled about this as my husband and I have a very exciting trip planned! Is the notice of approval all you need to travel or do they also send you another supporting document?

My Green Card was APPROVED! He stamped my passport, took my EAD and said that I'll have my GC within 3 to 4 weeks. My interview was less than 10 minutes long, he sworn us in, asked if I had a criminal record but none of the other yes or no questions. He asked my husband how we met, when the last time I entered the US. Asked for joint documents and then pictures and said I've seen enough and that he was going to approve it!

So glad it is finally over! Congrats to everyone that has been approved and good luck to everyone else.

My Green Card was APPROVED! He stamped my passport, took my EAD and said that I'll have my GC within 3 to 4 weeks. My interview was less than 10 minutes long, he sworn us in, asked if I had a criminal record but none of the other yes or no questions. He asked my husband how we met, when the last time I entered the US. Asked for joint documents and then pictures and said I've seen enough and that he was going to approve it!

So glad it is finally over! Congrats to everyone that has been approved and good luck to everyone else.

Congratulations!!!
It looks like everyone from this December filing thread got approved so far...I hope this continues.

CONGRATS Canadian_girl08.

DH was approved! They only asked him 3 questions (name, birthday and is he working) and I was asked the rest of the questions, no yes/no questions, just how we met, why my parent didn't attend the wedding, he asked for pictures and joint accounts. Everything went smoothly, he stamped DH's passport and we are all set until it's time for DH to apply for citizenship

Recommended for Approval

Our interview was scheduled for 2pm today in Baltimore. Got there early and found parking with no problem. Got to the building at 1245 and was in the waiting room by 1pm. Waited till 230 before we were called in.
At first the officer said that she didn't have our file and had to look somewhere else to get it. She came back with the file and asked me my name, address, DOB, place of birth, and date of marriage. She then asked my wife the same questions. She then asked if we had kids (including adopted children) and we said no. She asked for my wife's passport and took out her I-94. She then went through the file and asked to see some originals including the marriage certificate and birth certificates. The IO asked my wife a couple of the no questions from the I-485. When she got to my wife's birth certificate she pointed out it didn't say when the birth was recorded with the city registrar. My wife started to get concern. The IO said that she would ask her supervisor if the birth certificate was ok. She left for a couple of minutes with it and then came back and said it was ok. She continue to go through the file and then ask to see pictures. We showed her some and explained the pictures. She then asked if we had additional documents and pictures for the file which we provided. She then said that she will make a recommendation for approval to her supervisor. We where in there for about 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our interview was scheduled for 2pm today in Baltimore. Got there early and found parking with no problem. Got to the building at 1245 and was in the waiting room by 1pm. Waited till 230 before we were called in.
At first the officer said that she didn't have our file and had to look somewhere else to get it. She came back with file and asked me my name, address, DOB, place of birth, and date of marriage. She then asked my wife the same questions. She then asked if we had kids (including adopted children) and we said no. She asked for my wife's passport and took out her I-94. She then went through the file and asked to see some originals including the marriage certificate and birth certificates. The IO asked my wife a couple of the no questions from the I-485. When she got to my wife's birth certificate she pointed out it didn't say when the birth was recorded with the city registrar. My wife started to get concern. The IO said that she would ask her supervisor if the birth certificate was ok. She left for a couple of minutes with it and then came back and said it was ok. She continue to go through the file and then ask to see pictures. We showed her some and explained the pictures. She then asked if we had additional documents and pictures for the file which we provided. She then said that she will make a recommendation for approval to her supervisor. We where in there for about 20 minutes.

Congrats VandiRussell and dhlunar!!!

Hey guys,

Would you guys share how your interviews went as January applier looking forward to it and is it true they sneak up on you at work place and home???

DO: MSC
01/08 (Day 1) Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A)
01/12 (Day 4) Documents received at Chicago
01/13 (Day 5) Checks cashed
01/16 (Day 15) NOA received by mail for I-485, I-765 and I-130
01/23 (Day 16) FP letter received for 02/02/10
02/02 (Day 26) FP Done

You need to file a separate I-485. I was in the same situation and I called up USCIS to confirm. They told me to file a separate I-485 for my spouse who already had a I-485 filed.

Thanks EAD2003 for sharing this info. I'll start the process. Should we start all process again like biometric finger prints, medical tests etc? Please share your experience too and provide me any tips as you are in little advanced stage. When you filed new I-485, did you get new A#?

Thanks EAD2003 for sharing this info. I'll start the process. Should we start all process again like biometric finger prints, medical tests etc? Please share your experience too and provide me any tips as you are in little advanced stage. When you filed new I-485, did you get new A#?

I used the same A# my spouse had from her employment based I-485. When she received an RFE for her employment based case I replied to the RFE and also mentioned that there is family based I-485 pending (I included copy of approved I-130 and I-485 receipt). USCIS then transferred the employment based I-485 to Missouri Service Center or NBC which is where the family based petition was pending. My spouse also did not have to do the finger printing again as they already had it on record from her employment based case. She did however do the medical as medical needs to be submitted along with the I-485 petition. Hope this helps.

Looks like everything is going good for interviews. Lets all keep giving positive energy to those doing interviews. We are all doing great so far. Lots of green cards on their way.

Dhlunar: Baltimore is famous for messing with your mind during interviews...they rarely approve on the spot. So its awesome you got approved same day.

Fellow Canadian girl...congrads. A job a green card and a gold medal in men's ice hockey...what else could a girl ask for...hehehe....pretty cool eh????

The rest of you awesome stuff...lets keep the champagne pouring....good news all around....:D

Everyone so far has interviews in March...no one yet in april....

Realcool1: did they take your case off hold yet? The next day we should see updates...:)

I'll try and update IL list today....been busy lately looking for jobs...its tough out there...