December 2009 family based filers, post here

Okay RFE CLUB....listen closely..............................

I GOT IL TODAY (MUST HAVE BEEN SAT MAIL-WAS AWAY AT A WEDDING)-just checked mail

It was dated feb10 and mailed feb11...Came feb13. I am scheduled for March 22/2010

SO GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS...ONE OF US GOT IT...SO THE OTHERS ARE ON THEIR WAY...YEAH- hoop hoop hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT IL TODAY (MUST HAVE BEEN SAT MAIL-WAS AWAY AT A WEDDING)-just checked mail

It was dated feb10 and mailed feb11...Came feb13. I am scheduled for March 22/2010

SO GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS...ONE OF US GOT IT...SO THE OTHERS ARE ON THEIR WAY...YEAH- hoop hoop hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dec09filer,

Glad you got your IL. Sounds like your district office might of been booked, because your interview is 5 weeks away. From what I have seen, most people get assigned 5 weeks in advance with the expectation they receive the letter 30 days before the interview.

Yes i think Seattle is very busy...at least it was the day we did fingerprints.

The last touch on my file was 1/29 .

Its okay i'm last so far because i'll get to hear about all of ur experiences. Plus i'm trying to get a hold of some originals/certified copies from out of state....gives me more time.....:)

awesome. congrats! the rest of ours should be on the way then..
my mom did not receive any rfe's it was only for my bro but she has yet yo receive anything.. i guess its cuz we filed towards the end of the month.

awesome. congrats! the rest of ours should be on the way then..
my mom did not receive any rfe's it was only for my bro but she has yet yo receive anything.. i guess its cuz we filed towards the end of the month.

on the interview letter it says my priority date is dec9....that is the date i guess we sent it... So it goes by the day they get it not the noa. Check to see what day u sent it. The difference should be how many days to add to when u get it...cause i think we are on the same timeline. I am hoping kops gets his today or at least this week.....

on the interview letter it says my priority date is dec9....that is the date i guess we sent it... So it goes by the day they get it not the noa. Check to see what day u sent it. The difference should be how many days to add to when u get it...cause i think we are on the same timeline. I am hoping kops gets his today or at least this week.....

I think the priority date is actually the date that it was received by USCIS. We applied on December 11th and have a priority date of December 14th.

What is everyone bringing in for the Interview?

I just realised we're only 2 weeks away!!

I started making a binder of information. So far I have the following:

Copies of all forms filed with USCIS (expect for joint sponsor I-864, I didn't want to know my joint sponsor tax information or to have it on hand so just sent what I had with our file)

Originals of all documentation which we filed a copy of with USCIS including:
Marriage Certificate
Certified Birth Certificate for me and my wife (wife had her's translated into English by a friend)
Passport from both of us
Tax transcripts from 2006, 2007, 2008
Rental Lease
Letter from the property manager that we have lived here no stop since 2006 (we sent the original with file)
Rental Insurance papers showing both our names
Copies of affidavits from my mom and a co-worker of my wife who were the official witnesses per the marriage book at the clerks office (we sent the originals with our file)
Copy of a safe deposit box in both our names
Bank statement with both of our names
Copies of paystubs from my job (including the latest couples of months)

What we didn't include with our file but will take with us:
Photos (of course)
Letter and a copy of the bill from the telephone company (copy because I get the bill online)
The original rental insurance policy that shows my wife lived in the same apartment as me (we where not married at that time, and the insurance company would not add her name as a policy holder until we were married)
Zipcar membership showing a household membership with me and my wife
All my tax information received for 2009 (I hadn't filed my taxes yet), and a printout from the IRS website showing my wife is exempt from filling because of status
Copies of our job contracts
Certified copy of my driving record (the issue date on my license is a week after we got married, because I passed my skills test for a CDL license, but the driving record would show that I got my license before that)
My passport card

Anyone think of anything else we should bring? I told my wife we should be prepared and bring everything except the kitchen sink.

I also photocopied our interview notice. So, we have a copy in case they take the original, and have proof if they negligent to update the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow 2/18 is Dongseokji 's interview...Good luck to you Dongseokji !!and Please let us updated your interview...mine is the day after (2/19)...I hope all of us are got approved and get the GC very soon!!!

Good luck to you Dongseokji and wish you all the best in Jesus name.AMEN

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to send positive energy dongseokji's way. Hopefully we will get good news from our first ones up for interviews. Calvin_LJQ is tommorrow. Wishing them simple and very easy interviews.:) Remember to take 2 deep breaths before you start your interview. Apparently that gives your head 10 minutes of good oxygen and calms your nerves. I am diabetic so i can be irritable when my sugar is low and be very positive and happy go lucky when my sugar is high...so i'll be eating candy right before...

Just for your Info for those still awaiting EAD and AP:

Approx Processing Dates for Common Forms:

I-765 Dec 17, 2009 (Priority date being processed today)
I-131 Dec22, 2009

Visa and Immigration timelines

First of all, thank you all for wishing me luck.
Here is my interview experience:
My interview was scheduled at 8:30 in the morning. I arrived at the DO around 8:10 and there were many people waiting before me so I had to wait about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Around 9:30, I was called by an officer. First, a greeting and the oath.
She asked me to present my passport, I-94s, and EAD card. Then, she went through my document and verified my parents’ name, current address, my social security number, phone number, my father’s (petitioner) social security number, and date of birth including my parents.
Once all the information was verified, she asked me all the “NO” questions.
Then, she asked me if I am going to school (because I was on F-1). I said yes, as a part time.
While she was using her computer, we chit chatted about my military experience in my country and family/population. Nothing serious.
She tried to access the USCIS intranet a few times, but was unsuccessful due to her expired password. She said she will try to access it at a later time or use someone else’s computer before the end of the day. She ended with a congratulatory comment. Just to make sure, I asked her “am I approved?” and she said YES. She said I would receive the card in mail in two weeks.
Unlike married couples interviews, I think this was a simple verification process and in fact, it took less than 15 minutes.
Once again, thank you and good luck to you all who have interview coming up soon. I hope my posting helped or comforted people in a similar situation.