December 2003 Interview - New Delhi

paragm

Registered Users (C)
I called Delhi embassy last night and my interview has been scheduled for Dec 29.
It was a pretty funny call. Basically the guy just asked me, "What date do you want?". I said I wanted sometime late Dec. He said "Ok..Dec 29..Hold on..Let me make sure embassy is open.. yes..Dec 29..confirmed..we will mail Pkt 4 to you today".
I was pleasantly surprised.
Will probably leave for India mid December.

Travel arrangement

How will you find the ticket one week before 29th DEC some of the Travel agent saying about non availability of seats.

Do you have any TA in your knowledge,if possible can you pls give me phone no.May be my interview date also fall in coming Dec.

I received an email from new Delhi. They confirmed my interview date as 12/30/2003.

Let's start collecting all the information required for interview on this thread.

Medical Exam Scheduled

I've scheduled my medical exam with Dr. Dawesar for Dec 22.
Heard he's pretty good. He's in Bhikaji Cama Place (close to the first Hyatt)
dawesar@vsnl.com

Packet IV

Hello,

Received the Packet IV from Delhi Embassy yesterday.
Did not see any new requirements.

Hi Paragm,
Can you tell how many days does P4 take to get to US address. As per New Delhi Consulate they have dispatched my packet on 11/20/2003.
Thanks,
ajpm

ajpm,

I believe my Packet 4 was mailed Nov 13 from Delhi.
I think you should expect your Packet 4 end of next week.

Good Luck

I have taken the appointment for medical from Dr. Dawesar on 12/22/2003 and they have clearly written to me that there is no requirement to come empty stomach, while somewhere I read that we need to go empty stomach. Can someone please reply to this question.

Paragm, can you tell me whether you received your P4 in regular mail or it was some cerified mail or courier ?

ajpm,

I got my Packet 4 by regular mail. I think it was mailed from DC.
The embassy sends it there by diplomatic pouch or something like that.
Even my medical appointment e-mail from Dr.Dawesar mentioned that I did not need to fast for the checkup. I assumed that was ok since they offer appointment times in the afternoon also and obviously in that case one cannot go on an empty stomach.
I guess I'll call them once I'm in Delhi to reconfirm.

Parag

parag:

just in case we do not see you active on this forum later this month...ALL THE BEST...have a safe interview and a wild new year party!

Thanks a lot Krish!

I will try and access the forum from Delhi and will keep you guys updated on my experience.

Seasons Greetings
Parag

CP at Delhi

I will be going to Delhi for my CP...

just wondering how long does it take from the day
you get your I-140 approved and the date of CP interview ....
this is non AC case..

thanks

enigma:

REfer cptracker.com for timelines

It generally takes anywhere from 6-9 months. If all goes well and smooth 6 months is possible!

New Delhi Consular interview Scheduling Timeframe

Question to New Delhi CP candidates - paragm, ajpm, damsel'ndistress, and others.

How much time it took, on average for your case, to get the CP interview scheduled after NVC sent the case to new delhi embassy?

My case was sent by NVC to New Delhi, Embassy in mid Nov 2003. After almost 7 weeks, US embassy is still saying that they have not received my case from NVC.

Does any one from New Delhi CP list has some advice for me.

Thanks
:)

cpnwd:

Since your file has gone to nwd consulate in mid november you should be expecting Feb Interview.

What I suggest is that call the NWD consulate on 5-6th january and do the following:

1. Provide your NWD case number and/ or

2. Spell out your full first & last name and make sure they get your name right without spelling errors coz if they spell your name wrong then they may not find your case in NWD consulate system!

Hopefully you get the FEB interview or atelast find the case with NWD Consulate...if neither happens then you might want to contact NVC and request them to resend your file to NWD consulate!

But to answer your question normally one should get an interview withing 2.5-3 months from the time NVC mails the reviewed p3 to a consulate in india!