December 2001 filers

WheresMahGreen

Registered Users (C)
Have any of you talked to an IIO recently or know any information of when we can expect our pitiful cases to be picked up by the Gods in INS? For the past couple of days I've been trying to call VSC to get an estimate from an IIO -- as useless as that may be -- but haven't been able to get through so far.
I think I should undertake the infamous seven-seas/seven-mountains pilgrimage to be able to talk to one of them.
Your feedback will be appreciated.

I have been trying for the past two weeks...

...couldn't get through to IIO.

Best time to get through: 8:30AM and 9:15AM EST

talked to IIO

I talked to IIO a week ago. She said it will take 3-4 months to get to December 2001.
:eek:

3-4 months ?

Please call them and let us know what are they saying now.
Also if all dec 01 filers on this forum can post their info, it would be really great. We can share our joy and grief and travel this painfull green card tour together.

My Info:
EB3
RD : 12/26/2001
ND: 01/06/2002
FP: 03/29/2002
EAC : EAC 02-08X-XXXXX

If it helps,

The approximate figures (i didn't keep the record)

between eac0205451600 and eac0205451700 are as follows

Processing resumed or application received 10-15 cases
Approved: 3-4 cases within last 5 days
Rfes: 4-5 cases within last 5 days

if you can, guess the time of december approvals.

----------------------
RD: 27 dec 01
ND: 8 jan 02

it is a futile exercise to call an IIO for one IIO knoweth not what another IIO sayeth....they speculate as much as we do...
it's in everyone's best interest to enjoy life as best as one possibly can under these circumstances...and just take this as another hurdle in one's life which will eventually be overcome!!
Giving INS so much of your valuable time is giving them too much importance....

Me thinks that it is too early for Dec 2001 filers to call IIO. Probably early March 2003 would be appropriate. INS has just restarted Oct 2001 and it would be at least a couple of months before they touch Dec 2001 cases.

The thing that scares me is the new agency that will handle immigration. A known devil is better than an unknown angel.

One of my friends mentioned to me that he read a post (does not remember when or which portal) wherein a lawyer had the opinion that all filers upto Dec 2001 would be adjudicated by the current INS agency. All subsequent filers will be adjudicated by the new agency. I do not know how much truth is contained in the lawyer's opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope

that the INS starts approving cases at a faster rate. It was on this forum itself that someone mentioned that ND > Dec2001 would be handled by HLS and since HLS is not yet operational, that would mean a further delay of couple more months.

Thankfully my EAD and AP are renewed. But yet :(

Re: Hope

Why ND > Dec 01 and why not RD > Dec01 ???
INS goes by RD and not by ND
Who knows? I don't believe in these hoaxes. I just pray, whatever it is, we all should get our GCs soon.

--urgentgc

Guys n Girls,
What happened to the new system that was supposed to be installed to have security checks. And everyone was hoping that once the approvals start, they will go fast. And someone mentioned that the background process was still in effect, there was no freeze etc etc in the months of Nov/Dec. But it doesn't seem like when you see the pace at which the approvals are coming out.
Any ideas . . .

Ok guys...

I finally managed to get through to an IIO this afternoon (God help my cell phone bill!!). She took my EAC# and verified my name and date of birth and told me that my file is pending review and has not been adjudicated yet (Duh!! I kinda figured that, ma'am!!!).
So I asked her what "pending review" means and she sounded startled at my question -- I guess she didn't expect me NOT to know their lingo. She assumed this motherly tone and started explaining the process of how an officer would take a look at my file, toss a coin and decide whether I am worthy of the immigrant life in the US. I asked her how long it would take for that to happen to my case and heard some rustling sound in response. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was rubbing the palms of her hands on a crystal ball in order to warm it up for a quick peek. After a few seconds she said, "Well, about 6 months." And I was like, "Six more months? No problem, Ms. Cleo! I'll put my life on hold for you guys to catch up!"
She also predicted that there is a modelesque, rich American girl waiting for me so I don't have to worry about the employment-based GC and all that. She said the current planetary arrangements does not bode well with my horoscope. As soon as Mercury in the ninth house moves over to be next to Mars in the fifth house followed by the 20 degree northwest (with respect to the Saturn's magnetic axis) upward shift of the largest rock in the inner most ring of Saturn completes, I will be granted my immigrant wish. Now, all I have do is look out for that modelesque girl who will be approaching me from a south-southwest direction at 2 mph.
So, there you have it guys, screw the emp. GC, screw my work, I am heading outside looking SSW...

lol..wheresmahgreen....

good to see the INS has not made you lose your sense of humour..(humor..if i plan to live the good immigrant life)..so a sultry southern belle is headed towards you in slow motion...i would channel my energies and focus on her for she could provide more stimuli to your life than the INS...
so good luck..southward bound belle searching ..and oh yes change your name to..wheresmahsouthernbelle...a new hotline and thread shall be opened for you...lol

cheers!!!

Re: Ok guys...

Originally posted by WheresMahGreen
I finally managed to get through to an IIO this afternoon (God help my cell phone bill!!). She took my EAC# and verified my name and date of birth and told me that my file is pending review and has not been adjudicated yet (Duh!! I kinda figured that, ma'am!!!).
So I asked her what "pending review" means and she sounded startled at my question -- I guess she didn't expect me NOT to know their lingo. She assumed this motherly tone and started explaining the process of how an officer would take a look at my file, toss a coin and decide whether I am worthy of the immigrant life in the US. I asked her how long it would take for that to happen to my case and heard some rustling sound in response. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was rubbing the palms of her hands on a crystal ball in order to warm it up for a quick peek. After a few seconds she said, "Well, about 6 months." And I was like, "Six more months? No problem, Ms. Cleo! I'll put my life on hold for you guys to catch up!"
She also predicted that there is a modelesque, rich American girl waiting for me so I don't have to worry about the employment-based GC and all that. She said the current planetary arrangements does not bode well with my horoscope. As soon as Mercury in the ninth house moves over to be next to Mars in the fifth house followed by the 20 degree northwest (with respect to the Saturn's magnetic axis) upward shift of the largest rock in the inner most ring of Saturn completes, I will be granted my immigrant wish. Now, all I have do is look out for that modelesque girl who will be approaching me from a south-southwest direction at 2 mph.
So, there you have it guys, screw the emp. GC, screw my work, I am heading outside looking SSW...

Right now, I am just seeing two big storms from SSW heading towards NNE.:D