December 2001 Approved

Quake

Registered Users (C)
Finally....I am approved. The case was almost dead till I decided to write letters to congressman Pete Stark and senators Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. All of them were kind enough to make enquiries. But it was the conressman who did the real job of getting the 2nd FP notice. Did the FP on July 24th. My lawyer got approval notices on Aug 20th. Website till shows info about 2nd FP received. Started the journey on May 2000 when the 1st ads came out in the paper. Changed jobs October 2003. Send the AC21 letters right away and hence got no RFE. I am so tired of this whole process. Hope everybody gets their cards soon.

Dec 2001 Case Pending

Hi All !

Me and wife's case is pending since December 2001.

Have sent umpteen number of inquiries to no avail.

Talked to the congress man and he told that they have sent it to the local office for finger printing. God knows when it will be approved.

WAC0207451913
WAC0207451950

RD : Dec 26 2001
ND: Dec 31 2001
3 EADs

Reply Dcember2001Case

For my case I wrote the letter to Pete Stark and attached copies of my original I485 receipts. In his reply he attached a copy of the letter he got from USCIS congressman enquiry division that was addressed to him and said something like:

"sir we have made enquiries of this particular member of your constituentcy. His fingerprints have expired and we are sendinig revised fingerprint notice. After the fp his case will be resumed."

So you see you have to have somebody push your case. and also when you write the letter make sure you add some spice as to how you can be helpful to the community. For example, if you do community work like voluntarily teach high school students over the weekend etc., highlight that. I am a registered volunteer with the governor's emergency office who will help in the case of an earthquake, and I made sure that point is stressed.

Hope this helps.

Quake said:
For my case I wrote the letter to Pete Stark and attached copies of my original I485 receipts. In his reply he attached a copy of the letter he got from USCIS congressman enquiry division that was addressed to him and said something like:

"sir we have made enquiries of this particular member of your constituentcy. His fingerprints have expired and we are sendinig revised fingerprint notice. After the fp his case will be resumed."

Congratulations on your approval!

How long did you get your 2nd FP after the inqury? I have also asked the congressman's help, the reply they got is something like: it's already placed in queue for finger print schduling, no timeline can be given for this process...

I have no clue how to interpret 'no timeline', days, weeks, month...?? I hope it means 'anyday', not 'forever'.

wac02103

DEC 2001, a Dinosaur indeed. I am extremely glad to hear of your approval. Congratulations, it has been a very long time coming. Good luck with the future.

Quake said:
Leee

The 2nd FP notice came in within 3 weeks of sending the letter to the congressman.
After you send the letter to congressman, how soon did you hear anything from him? Or you did not hear anything from him, but just received the FP in 3 wks? I just sent the letter to congressman, try to guess when I may expect to hear something, if not, try to call to make sure it is in progress, but I do not want to push too much. Please help.

Issue with DEC 2001 case

QUAKE !

I did send a mail to the congress man and they said a finger printing will come in 60 days..its been 30 days but nothing has come out till now..!

How do I follow u..with whom ??

I will appreciate if you can guide me ....!!

Thanks
Rabi

Congratulations!!! This is one of the approvals deserve wishes. Finally Enjoy The Freedom. Its always good to be proactive from your side. Its your case so push it with all means.