Deceased US Citizen Parent

Bermuda08

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I am new to this forum and would like advise on whether it is possible for me to qualify and pursue a green card through as a child of a deceased US citizen parent. I am over 21 years of age.

Any advise and help will be appreciated.

Thanks

You'll need to provide more details ... did your deceased parent have US citizenship before you were born? When still alive, did they file an immigrant petition for you?

Does your other parent have a green card? Are you inside or outside the US? If inside, legally or illegally?

Your answers to the above will affect your options (including whether you even have any options).

Hi Jackolantern,

Yes should have give more details....No my deceased mother did not have US citizenship when I was born she only became Naturalized after I was already above 21 years of age.
No Immigration petition was file for me while my mother was still alive.
My other parent is also deceased and was never a US citizen nor Green card holder, only my deceased mum.
I am currently in the US on E-2 Visa - Investor visa, but looking for ways of geting a green card.

Thanks for your response.

Based on the facts you have stated, unfortunately there is no available option for a green card through your parent. You'll have to explore other options like the EB5 investor green card, DV lottery, or regular employer-sponsored green cards. Or your sibling(s), if you have any who are US citizens.