Dec RD case approved

arera

Registered Users (C)
Finally my case is approved. However as I had mentioned in a different thread yesterday my wife's case (derivative applicant) has been transferred to the Boston office. I am wondering why this happened and how long it would take before they schedule an interview.

Thanks to two responders of my earlier thread who shared some useful thoughts.

We have had a long journey -- came to the U.S. in 1990 with J visas with the 2-yr return to home country clause; I got a no-obligation to return to India, but my wife who is a physician was denied one from the Indian government. She finally got a waiver from the U.S. Health and Human Services based on making the case that her work and research was of critical interest to the U.S.

I think we are almost at the end of the road now; just one more hurdle with the Boston office interview to cross!

A tremendous thanks to the organizers of this forum; it is an invaluable resource as we all prod along this journey that has so many bizzarre twists and turns these days. :D

RD Dec 27
ND Jan 17
FP1 March 2002
FP2 July 2003
AD September 10th

Congrats arera. Please, tell us your exact second FP date. That would help many of us to track our cases. Thanks in advance....

Congrats

RD-12/19/01
ND-12/28/01
FP1-04/03/02
RFE-06/04/03
RFE received update online –06/17/03
FP2-07/29/03 ( Early FP2)
EAC0207252 series

Thanks for all the messages. We did our second finger printing on July 27 2003 -- 2 days before the scheduled date.

All the best to those who are still waiting.

congratulations! I did post to your other thread saying you might have been approved......

Originally posted by arera
Thanks for all the messages. We did our second finger printing on July 27 2003 -- 2 days before the scheduled date.

All the best to those who are still waiting.

thanks arera, did the online update with the second FP results?

response to dec -19 -01 : Sorry, actual fp date was July 28 and no -- the on line message was never updated after the second finger printing.