Dec 2003 485 Approved

gkb

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 485 approved on 9/21 (as per online message).

Here are my Details:

140 ND 09/14/2003 RFE 04/01/2004, RFE rep 06/21/2004, AD 06/24/2004
FP 05/01/2004
485 ND 12/5/2003 AD 9/21/2004 NO RFE

I think if your 140 is approved, you can expect 485 approval in couple of months.

Good luck to all Sept/Oct 2003 140 filers.

I have a small question, I did submit AR-11 when I changed my address but I did not call UCIS 800 number (My attorney informed that AR-11 should take care of evry thing). Looks like that caused the problem and I have not received the approval notice. Do you have any ides whether USPS forwards the 485 approval notice? Can I use Attorney copy for passport stamping? I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Thanks

Congrats. Can you post your labor dates and also state where it was filed. Thanks and Good luck.

My Labour is from IL filed in Feb 2003, as per my understanding, Labour PD and Place is not considered for 140 or 485.

GKB,

Congratulations ! Did you notice your LUD update before the approval processes ?

Actually my LUD update on Sep 27 &28 without any status update, and just curious to know what's going on with NSC. I am still waiting for my I140 and I485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a speedy approval..

My RD is Sep 2003, 140 approved, FP done.. But I don't think I can get 485 approved in near future.. You are lucky!!

Anyway, about the address change, you need to call the 800 number to update your address. AR-11 does not tak care of that automatically.

When we moved, I called the 800 number and told them that I had sent the AR-11 form and tha should take care of everything.. But the person on phone said AR-11 is a legal requirement.. But that does not automatically update your address.

I believe your approval has/had gone to the old address...

gkb said:
Hi,
My 485 approved on 9/21 (as per online message).

Do you have any ides whether USPS forwards the 485 approval notice?
Thanks

Thanks

Congrats!!

USPS may or may not forward. When I moved, they forwarded my FP notice, but they didn't forward my wife's. They sent my wife's FP notice back to USCIS. And even they sent a note to USCIS on the envelope about new address... isn't weird. Then USCIS sent me a letter asking to update the address details with them..

ABT

Last edited by a moderator:
congrates GKb. I had a bad experience with USPS. But it is for my H1B and H4 notice. I given AR11 for all my family and change address in the postal for mail forwarding. After move i got my H1B. But i was not received my wifes H4 for atleast after 4 months. Then i called processing center and usps couple of times. Finally it was returned by USPS and the reason they said was, they will not forward the ins letters. So better follow up with that

All these letters are not forwarded.
You need to call in and update your address with the INS.
As far as I know, There is no alternative to that.

Thanks for your response, Now I am almost sure that I am not going to get the notice (it is already 10 days ), I called UCIS and they are asking me to call after one month from my approval date. So I have to wait till Oct end to go for passport stamp.

defleopard22 said:
All these letters are not forwarded.
You need to call in and update your address with the INS.
As far as I know, There is no alternative to that.

They did with mine. I got my H1-B and my spouse's H4 forwarded by USPS on december 2002 to my new address.

Hi Calmese,
I am not sure about the attorney copy, Actually that is one of my questions and no response to that question.

Thanks