Dec 2001 RFE/Approval Tracker

laars

Registered Users (C)
keep this tracker alive. Post if you get any RFE or Approvals.

My details
RD 12/06/2001
ND 12/07/2001
AD ??

Any idea when we can see Dec RFEs or Approvals?

Still waiting....

RD 12/11/2001
ND 12/14/2001
FP 04/11/2002

RFE/AD ??

Hoping to see the start of some activity on Dec cases in the next two weeks.

cmr

Don't expect to see any approval until June

By the most optimistic estimate, the cases with Dec Receipt will not be processed until June or later.

blacklettercode, what makes you say that. The only thing keeping us alive here is HOPE. You want to take that too away from us?? Is there any basis for what you are saying or is it just your assumption, please clarify.

cmr

RD - 12/17/01
ND - 12/19/01
FP - 06/29/02

Online message still says

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on December 19, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 450 and 480 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

RD - 12/26/01
ND - 01/07/02
FP - 08/07/02

Online message still says

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on January 7, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 450 and 480 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

My case

Received Date: 12/31/2001
Notice Date: 1/8/2002
FP: 10/23/2002

The message still says: "

We received your ... on Jan 8, 2002. Blah blah...".

My earlier estimate about the processing time of December cases was based on an attorney friend's insight.

Only about one third of the November cases have been processed
(approval or rfe). Since the US is in war now, we cannot expect the speed will change for the better (it is very possible to change for worse, of course). So it takes at least another two months to complete the November cases. That will take us to the end of the late May or early June.

This is the optimistic scenerio. If for some unexpected reasons, the BCIS may complete freeze processing, like it did before.

Miracles can always happen.

But If we can prepare for the worse, we can better plan our life. The higher the hope, the more disappointed we might be, since BCIS is so unpredictable.

Trust me, I am as frustrated as you guys are.

There were no trouble in the beginning, we invited the trouble (by applying for the green card).

Lets be optimistic, have hope, support one another and wait patiently till our day comes...

My details:

RD: 12/18/01
ND: 12/26/01
FP: 4/02
RFE: None so far
AD: Still waiting

Rupnet ID: rms

If it weren't for all of you I'd loose my sanity. Nobody else understand what I go through except for this forums' participants.

rgds,
sadiq