Dec 02 485: Medical RFE: chest x-ray

c_rahul

Registered Users (C)
My wife's Dec 02 dependent 485 got a medical RFE, for chest x-rays following positive skin test in the I-693 submitted. We had chosen to go ahead and submit the initial I-693 w/o x-ray as she was pregnant then. Has anybody else had similar experience?

Its not clear from the RFE if we need a complete new I-693 or just an additonal chest x-ray report. Wanted to hear if somebody else has gone thru this.

Thanks. Rahul

I received similar RFE for my wife. You have to take x-ray and submit new I-693 and send it to BCIS in a concealed envelop along with the old original form. The best thing is to go back to the same doctor since he will have all the previous record.

ajsar: Qs if I go to a new doctor

Rajsar, Thnx for the quick reply. Maybe its too soon toask, Did the app get approved?

If I go to a new doctor (the old doc is really far away in downtown Cambridge), does the skin test need to be done again? I seem to remember, skin test can be done only once in you life.

Also, the RFE states: "have your civil surgeon conduct a chest x-ray and note the results in an enclosure to be returned alongwitht his notice". Did you receive similar lang in your RFE and then go for a new I-693?

Yes. it's a very simple RFE and it's very common to request for these kind of RFE's since you really can not take them during pregnancy.

You can do two things. Either you can go to your regular physican and inform them you need to take chest-xray for positive TB skin test and once you receive the report (which I pretty sure will be negative), take a copy of this report and go to the authorized immigration doctor and request him to preparer new I-693 and submit both the old and new in a conceled envelop.
Basically the immigration authorized doctors will record the informaiton and prepare new form.

OR if you directly go to the autorized immigration doctor, he will take care of everything.

Good luck

Let me know if you have any questions