DEC 01 RD delayed because of I140 approved for CP

wxz0205nj

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was approved for CP but then I opt for AOS.

Just called the 800 number and talked to a tier 2 customer care person.

She told me that my I-140 was first sent from NVC to BCIS Newark and Newark office, in turn, sent back to VSC on May, 2002. According to her, my I485 will be treated as if my RD date is May 2002 rather than December 2001.

Is this true? Is there anybody have similar experience like me?

If what she said is true, I had to wait for a long time.

Hi wxz0205nj,
What is the number you called to check your status?
Did they ask about your I140 case number?

I also need to check if my doc are with VSC or NVC.

Thanks.

Texy

Call National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 and give them your I-140 case number.

Tell them you want to know if they sent back you I-140 file (electronically/paper?) to VSC.

Please let me know your results.

Thanks.

i called nvc

at night. there automated line does say that the 140 was sent to INS. also i had received (last yr) a fax from nvc that they had forwarded the document to ins.
do you actually have to call and speak with someone?

Last edited by a moderator:
ag28

I called during day time and actually talked to a person.

Try again during normal work hours.

Good luck.

wxz0205nj

My I-140 was filed for CP. and then filed I-1485.. still waiting..

I called the NVC to enquire about I-140 status.. they told that they have transferd my I-140 to Mumbai consulate in 2001.
so she could not tell me any info about it.

Do you need to submit any form/application to transfer I140 from NVC to VSC? (to inform to change from CP to I-485)

please repond to my questions

MB123

I do not know how to request your I140 be sent from consulate to VSC.

Anyone has this information?

Looks like 140 CP has problem.

Mine is 31st Jan RD. I called above number and they said they transfered to VSC on Sept 2003!!!. Also Looks like many few also may have same problem. E.g. edison_nj [ I looked at his signature and he also has cp]. May be we can Ask Mr. Khanna

31jannj

My first EAD took 10+ month to get approved. The long wait may be VSC waited until I-140 sent back from NVC.

Did you apply EAD/AP?

Mostly this should not have an effect

Rajum's case is being processed in a timely fashion.
also I called nvc following wxz0205nj's advice and talked with a person. my 140 was sent back to cis in aug 2002. This also explains why i got fp in sep whereas most july filers had it in aug.
HTH.

I am exactly like YOU

My I-140 was sent to the american consulate in my country, and when i contacted congress rep , they requested back my I-140 to VSC, On JUL-01-2003, i had a confirmation from congress rep of I-!40 back to VSC, ON NOV, my case is in the adjudication stage, congressman office confirmed by christams we should hear something.

Hi Friends,
Called the NVC today and spoke with the Cust. Rep.
She asked me my I140 case number and then she looked it up in the system.She was unable to find the case.
She gave the 18003755283 number to get more details about my case.

So what does this mean, Is it that my case was send to VSC directly?
I had no probs getting my 485 receipt and 2 EADs, FP etc.

Any Comments/Guess on this?

Thanks.

My file was with NVC but I got RFE in regular time. I strongly believe that one will get RFE if INS has attached I-140 file with 485 petition.

Texy,
Getting EAD's or FP does not guarantee that your file is with INS. However, I don't think anyone processing get slowed because of I-140 approved for CP.
I know Edison_nj case but I also couple of other cases where peoples got approvals in a timely fashion.
But if they cannot find your case,then it is something to worry...
I think you should try to trace where the file is....

FYI, My original I-140 file was lost in the transit between INS and NVC and I filed for duplicate I-140 and it took longer than the regular one. This is not to scare you...

regards,
rajum

rajum

Thank you for your informaiton.

I heard that service centers only need "electronic copy" of I-140 file to process I-485. Is this true?

I talked to different lawyers and got conflicting information on this matter.

When I got my 140 approved for CP (i did not opt for it), my lawyer said that this is normal(lot of people were getting this at that time i.e around May 2002).

He added that INS would send him Packet#3 and he would not respond to it. So my 485 case will automatically treated as AOS.

Hi Rajum,
I called the NVC yesterday and today and they said that they can't find my case in the system and asked me to call the 1-800-375-5283 number.
I called that number and talked to tier-2 representative, he took my 485 case number and after putting me on hold for 5 minutes
he said that "we have your case and there is nothing negative on it, only time is holding us back from approving it."

I hope by this they mean they have my I140 file also with them.He was unable to confirm that as he said he was in LA but re-iterated that everything looks good and there is nothing negative.

I don't know what to conclude from this, may I should just pray to GOD that I get a speedy approval.

Comments ??????????

wxz0205nj,
I don't know any developments which might have happened recently but in June 2001 INS use to send the physical files to NVC. Moreover at that time, NVC used to forward physical files to consulates but after September 11 they stopped that and NVC sends electronically to the consulates...But I still believe that INS sends physical file to NVC even now...

Texy,
What you lawyer is true.

Now that since your I-140 case has not been entered into NVC database, that only means that they never received it. Sometimes, it might be possible that INS might have not sent it also.

I looks like everything is ok in your case. Anyway, you cannot do much now after that statement.Only time can give you the answer..

-rajum