Dec 00

Clarification

I guess I didn\'t make myself clear. When I meant a year gap, I meant a gap between the time my I-140 was approved and the time they start adjudicating my case (I-485). There were maybe two weeks between the approval of my I-140 and me filing I-485, yet they still sent my I-140 to "storage". At least that\'s what I understood from the conversation with the IIO. That makes me think that they combine the two only after they start adjudication. Hence the one year gap....

No Title

got it.

Therefore, based on your info from the IIO, it seems that for almost everybody, 140 is retrieved from storage.

However, there are cases when people have received approval within a month or so of the AVM message turining to "Case was received ..." from "case not found ...", which leads me to believe that the retrieval time may not be more than a week or so. Or at least I hope ....

Whats your take?

I hope so

I really want to agree. I mean really reeeeely, yet we are still here. BTW, my message was updated to "your I-485 was received blah blah blah.." some time in late December 2000, shortly after I got my receipt, and stayed the same ever since for almost a year now.

It depends...

For some it is immediate for some it is not. If you look at the way they are approving cases recently (in batches), they may be receiving a bunch of 140s from the storage together.

no progress....

Talked to IIO 2 days ago and she agreed that my case was delayed somehow. She gave me std. answer like wait for 6 weeks.... and call back.... I gave up man. It would be nice to get approved in this bad economy. But nothing I can do....Now INS started FEB 01 cases. Any luck in your case??? I hope we would get the approval soon.

Don\'t always believe the words from an IIO

In my case, I spoke with an IIO on last thursday and she told me that the case was pending(Not even assigned to an officer) and it may take a month or 2. So I decided not to check the AVM for another week. Yesterday(wednesday), I just wanted to give a try and found that my GC has been approved on 5th. If I had checked the AVM on monday, I would have asked my attorney to stop applying for EAD/AP renewal. My attorney has already send my applications to the INS and he said there is no way he can do anything to block them.

So I called my bank to stop the payment on 3 checks.

Don\'t give up. You all will get your GC very soon.

Called IIO

Talked to IIO. She brought up my case, then put me on hold for good 5 minutes, told me she was going to check up on something, then came back and said she submitted a "request for folowup" (???!!!!) to her supervisor since my case has been with the officer for over a month (!) without any movement. She said that the file is complete. When I mentioned that another IIO told me before that my I-140 was requested from storage, this one said that actually it\'s been here all along. She said there should be some movement within this month...Overall she was very friendly.

APPROVED TODAY AS PER AVM!

NO RFE, ND 12/5! HANG IN THERE OR CALL IIO, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE YOU\'RE GOING TO GET A FRIENDLY ONE!