Dec 00

DEC 2k ND called IIO just now

I was told that they received my 140 package from their central storage location this week and will be assigned to a officer soon (god knows when). I had to wait for 4 months before filing 485 after 140 was aprroved as PD was not current (EB3 regular). May be that is the reason they sent it to storage. Also this could be the reason why rest of the DEC ND guys still waiting (I am just trying to find a reason for the delay for dec ND guys). Meanwhile the wait continues.....

RD 12/07/01, ND 12/20/01

STILL WAITING, ND:01/03/2001 , rd :12/22/2001, pd: 09/23/1999

I-140 approved for CP. Everybody please specify whether I-140 was approved for CP or AOS.

count me in...

RD 11/16
ND 12/6
Waiting for a lucky day....Wait continues..................................

Same case with I 140 storage

Same case here. I had spoken with the IIO last week and they had said that they had requested the I 140 from storage facility. I also had a gap between 140 and 485 so that would explain it.

They did also say that they had received the I 140 from storage the day before I called

waiting....

No Title

what is your RD and ND?

Then it seems like (for folks from India/China etc) who filed 485 around Jan - Mar 2001, in most cases there was a gap between approval of I 140 and 485 submission becase PD for India/China was not current in early 2001. For all these folks, did their I 140 get sent to the storage?

If so, then for everyone there is going to be addtional delay. Does anyone know that after the AVM changes from "case not found ..." to "case received ...", does the request for I 140 retrieval go out then or does it mean that I 140 is already in file for this change in AVM to take place?

Thanks for your info

No clue

I have no clue whether mine was CP or AOS, just can\'t remember, as for the gap between I-140 and I-485, I didn\'t have one because I don\'t have priority date, but I was told by an IIO that they "requested" my I-140 from storage, so I guess they send all the I-140s to storage and request them once it is time to process the case...We all have a gap between I-140 and I-485...of at least a year, more for those who depends on PDs...

No Title

thanks for the info.

couple of points:

- everyone does not have a gap of at least a year between 140 and 485. there are sevreal cases of 140 being approved in 8 or so weeks, and then one files for 485, if PD is not an issue, as in your case.

- the gap people here are referring to is the gap between 140 approval and 485 submission. for people without the PD crap, there is by definition no gap (except for the turnaround time it took you or the lawyer to submit the 485 papers on hearing about the 140 approval)