Dec 00 case got apporved finally ...EAD renewal pushed the I -485 approval....

vscgc

Registered Users (C)
My case was one of the old cases . I always believe that if the 485 is not approved with other guys and getting delayed like Nov Dec 00 cases, only EAD renewal forces the officer to open up the 485 file. That was true in my case. My current EAD is going to be expired by tonight. So just a factor of safety , I applied my EAD renewal in Sept so that I can go to local INS after 90 days and at the same time I was thinking it would force the officer to openup my 485 file if I was not approved. That was true. RFE was generated for 485 and EAD at the end of November on the same day. I replied for the RFE responses immediately . Well , EAD was approved on Dec28th and 485 was approved on Dec31st. I came to know about it last night, when I checked the AVM. It\'s a long journey finally ended on a happy notes. My sincere thanks to the people who are
helpful in this forum and Rajiv Khanna and my client who has been keeping for last 4 years, otherwise I would have been laid off by employer.Thanks to the God. It\'s just a relief. Nothing much. I am really hoping for a miracle to happen for all Nov, Dec00 cases to get the approvals
Details:
PD 12/98
RD 11/00
ND 12/00
RFE received by INS 12/07/01
AD : 12/31/01

question vsc_gc - enclosed those at the time of 485 filing?

HI vsc_gc
I am curious to know weather you enclosed tax return forms and paystubs at the time of filing I-485. please share the information.

nope...

vj123,

I did not enclose tax returns at the time of filing and my lawyer did not ask for them. Even if you enclose paystubs at the time of filing, still INS may ask you before approval to make sure you are working and you are not a public charge . So really it does not matter in the INS point of view at the time of filing.

VSC_GC, I think this may not be 100% correct.

Lots of people do not get paystub RFE at all. If it was immaterial to INS at the time of filing (Paystubs), then everyone should be getting a RFE for paystub, isn\'t it? It may also depend on the time they take in adjudicating an application.

well, it\'s basically depends on the officer who handles the case.

Even the officer may not issue RFE for every one in his list. I think it just depends on the luck. Sorry for the confusion..

Congratulations!

As for RFE regarding W2, Pay stubs, and Tax returns...I don\'t think they are needed when submitting the I485...but some lawyers tend to make it a standard requirement after knowing that these are the common RFE for most applicants. Most of the time, it really depends on luck and the officer who handles your case.

But I am also curious to know if anyone receive these RFE after submitting W2, Pay stubs and Tax returns...anyone??

Question

VSC_GC,

Was your I140 approved for CP and if so do you know if the VSC asked the US consulate to send it back to them for processing?

Also, when you say your EAD renewal triggered your I485 approval, could it just have been a coincidence??

Hmm.......................

I believe it is meaningless to care about w2, paystub... as the reason for RFE, \'coz INS officer may ask for any possible docs such as job letter which no body can prepare before the RFE requested. Keep the fingers cross and pray. Everything will be fine.

My I-140 was for AOS

Infact I asked my lawyer to apply I-140 for CP as it was faster and hassle free. But he denied to do so and opted for AOS. I don\'t think EAD renewal and approval were coincidented. As you know only few of us were waiting for past 3 or 4 months. One thing I am certain that IIO makes sure 485 was not approved before he approves the EAD renewal. So I was hoping atleast he would make sure my case was old one and he would openup the file to see. That\'s why I got RFE for both on the same day and they are approves just 2 days apart.

My case was not so... RD-11/00; ND-12/00;EB2

Actually I got my EAD renewed in december without any problem.I had applied for renewal for both the EAD and AP during last week of september and received the same by mid november.During that time I was told that by an IIO that my case was already been assigned to an officer by mid october.So,what I am trying to drive here is that it is purely the LUCK factor that helps to fetch the GC and no rational process is involved.

No Title

I submitted an employer letter at the time of filing my 485 (recommended by my attorney). Its a different matter that it would have any significance after 8-12 months when an IIO will be working on my case (In the intrim, I may have changed employer, or whatever). I could still very well get an RFE for employer letter or for that matter anything, or may be nothing. As the others have already pointed out, it all depends on the luck and the IIO who is handling the case. I don\'t think there is any prescribed course of actions.

marul you are right...

As someone said it\'s not wise to analyse the INS ways of approving. May be I got a luckyday finally. I hope you guys will get the approval soon.

No Title

I think what VSC_GC\'s concluded makes partial sense (atleast to me). You (marul) mentioned that you applied for your EAD,AP renewal at the end of Sep, and subsequently, your case was assigned to an officer by mid october. Its very likely that your renewal process may have triggered the follow-up action of allocation to an IIO (of course, without denying the fact that other requirements were met like PD being current and so on) which was stagnate all this time. Now that your 485 is still not approved even weeks after having EAD been renewed is a different matter, more like upto the IIO (different to who did your EAD) who is handling yr case. Very seldem, or may be never, will you find a situation where two cases (GC) having been filed during a certain period at the same SC will conclude in the same order. Here, the only rational element is an IIO, who unfortunately, is not a computer.

No Title

Congrats.

When did you check AVM, does it update only yesterday?

Thanks.