debo nair, has your wife started working...?

kuyil

Registered Users (C)
don\'t get me wrong any one.....
I am a person in H4 who got my ead approved few weeks back. job searches are going in vain. any tips to find job for a person with 1 and a half years experience from India in vb,sql and web related application development field...
i\'m near LA area...

No Title

No not full time..she got freelancing job with a group of 2 other web designers..being freelancing the job is erratic...they haven\'t got project as of now and so she hasn\'t really earned anything...but she her SSN card with "valid to work..." on it..

No Title

thanks.
I am having a hard time explaining to employers abt this EAD.
they say either u should be green card holder or citizen. they have never heard of this so called EAD in their life time it seems...
i told them i don\'t need sponsoring,can work for any employer etc.... those morons doesn\'t understand..
any one with similar experience????

No Title

its a recruiter i spoke with....
now that guy came to know abt ead card from some one i think. is asking me if i can show it to him....
funny thing is yet i don\'t have the card in my hand. its approved on june 1st... wondering if i can go to ins and get it???

No Title

Kuyil,
  I am in the same boat. I\'m searching for a job with 1 year exp. from India. I got my EAD approved few weeks back. My job hunt is not successful till now. I too live near LA.

No Title

Its hard to explain abt this EAD to employers and recruiters. Its almost impossible without the actual card. They are not going to believe us if we say it will come in some days etc.....

No Title

In my experience, recruiters in the San Jose area are generally knowledgeable about H1/EAD issues. Maybe the issue is the lack of jobs in the web field right now. Looking in some other field may be advisable. VB + SQL should find some job in big companies ...

Good luck!

No Title

My cousin had 2 or 3 yrs exp. in C++, MFC, Oracle, etc in India.
He was not successful in finding a job in SanJose (tried for 3 months).

Currently, the streets are littered with unemployed programmers, many of them American citizens. Best of luck to you.

No Title

my wife worked as web deisgner for 2 yrs in India ( Flash, photoshop,illustrator etc) but job market seems to be very dull for fulltime job