death of spouse - I-751

JenJenWv

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

My wife and I are expecting a baby this July. However, my conditional residency expires in June, so we will be submitting my I-751 to remove my conditions on residency this March. I"m a little worried that if something was to happen to my wife during the delivery of our baby, (I mean if she was to die or something) what would my position be in the US. Would I be forced to leave the country? I worry that because we wouldn't have received my permanent green card by the time she gives birth that they may turn it down and I would be forced to leave the US.

I hope that makes sense.

Paul

JenJenWv said:
Hi there,

My wife and I are expecting a baby this July. However, my conditional residency expires in June, so we will be submitting my I-751 to remove my conditions on residency this March. I"m a little worried that if something was to happen to my wife during the delivery of our baby, (I mean if she was to die or something) what would my position be in the US. Would I be forced to leave the country? I worry that because we wouldn't have received my permanent green card by the time she gives birth that they may turn it down and I would be forced to leave the US.

I hope that makes sense.

Paul

After reading your posting, I think you will be able to get conditions removed before your baby comes to this world. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry. If something, GOD forbid, were to happen to her, you would just file a waver with your form. look on their website, it tells you that if your spouse is no longer here, you can waver...

JenJenWv said:
Hi there,

I hope that makes sense.

Paul

Nowadays, the chance that a woman die during a labor and delivery is
much smaller than that of being killed by a car crossing street.

JenJenWv said:
Hi there,

I hope that makes sense.

Paul

What kind of a sick thought is this?

Dude, there are lot many things more important than getting a GC.

BTW, congrats for having a baby in July.

Just chill out, enjoy your time, instead of worrying about your GC, shortlist some good names for your baby, paint your baby's room, look for deals to buy some good baby stuff and gifts...

I dont think it is fair or right to bash someone if they are nervous about their Green Card.

You dont know where they came from. You dont know what they have had to overcome. You dont know what they sacrificed to become a free citizen through a GC.

This person may be the most loving and caring person, with great values. Just because he is nervous about the process doesnt mean that something is not right. Maybe, just maybe, he is concerned that now he is become a father and becoming a responsible for another life while his is not 100% secure in this country.

Back off and be nicer! Most people on this website have gone through a lot to get where they are now. We should be more helpful, understanding and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

LETS SUPPORT EARCH OTHER AND NOT BASH EACH OTHER!

Hi there,

Let me start of by saying that i'm not only concerned about my GC, in fact that couldn't be further from the truth. In reality I heard about a case in NYC where a woman married an American, and she had 2 kids from that marriage. However, during the 9/11 attacks, the US husband was killed, and the mother was forced to leave the country without her kids. It was only after alot of fighting that she was eventually allowed to stay. I'm worried something like that might happen to me.

Also my wife has a daughter from her first marriage that currently lives with us, I would hate to think that I would only be able to see her maybe once every year, or two.

Maybe before you judge me, you should understand why I have such concerns.

Thank you