Days outside of US, how accurate?

whackybob

I have no way remembering nor do I have the records on the exact number
of days I spent outside of US. I only have US entry dates in my passport.
However all my trips were short, 2-3 weeks, one trip per year for the last
5 years.
So what should I do? Is there any way to find out when I leave US in the
last 5 years?
thanks.

you need to look at ur passport and put the dates and no. of days u been out...
that is the only option i know of.

whackybob said:
5 years.
last 5 years?
thanks.

I had 109 trips out during the 4 year and 9 month period. Total days were close to 500. It took me about 16 hours of work to break down all the trips, expense reports, stamps, etc., into an excel spreadsheet that i made ressembling the one on N-400. It's worth the work because in my interview, the officer asked me detailed questions about all the stamps, etc., and asked to see all my previous passports. It doesn't sound like it would be as hard to recollect the trips dates and duration for you. My advice, do it. After all, that is what they are asking and you don't want to give them a leg to stand for rejecting you.

The difference is I don't have records of my trips as they were
just vacation. I have my last one on my united mileage record, but that's it.
You have records for your expense report purpose, that's good.
I have no plane ticket stubs, iternary, pictures, receipts. All the stamps
I have are US immigration entries. I have no problem answering questions on every
stamp and every trip.
I just need to know whether I can approximate the days, say 70 days.

try to be as accurate as you can using your passport and recollection. especially, don't create conflicts between what you say and stamps in your passport.
All that said -- don't sweat it too much. It sounds like you are very far from not complying with the physical presence requirements so it doesn't really matter. If you have a lot of trips they may investigate it more but in your case I don't see them doing anything more than just quickly looking at the stamps in your passport to match them to what you say on your app. Once they see that you don't have more than a few short trips a year they'll probably stop.

Same issues.

I have some issues regarding this matter to. I have been outside of the USA for about 30 days. Both trips where for vacation and I traveled to the neighbor on the south, the only required documents they ask to stablisj for is current ID and birth certificate. My first trip was taken on 2003 and I do not have any travel documents(airplane tikets, hotel, etc), we moved last year and my husband trew a lot of old documents and papers. So, I do not have anything to show that trip, will there be a problem? I have my interview schedule for June 2nd., 2006.

LAHORITAMIA

whenever i visited to my home country, I did not use my passport to get in. in fact, i used my ID from my home country to by pass a long line wait. However, I would not have any stamps on my passport to trace for the entry stamp.

Anyway, it is hard to believe someone would not remember how many days, or the exact entry date, and departure date of the vacation / trips thou. I would not be surprise that there might have short trips to other countries while on the vacation, but at least I would expect someone who could remember when he left, and when he came back to United states.

i think I had 6-7 trips and totally I was out of the country for 16x days.

whackybob said:
5 years.
last 5 years?
thanks.

What gcardo said. Just try to be as accurate as possible and list all the dates you can remember, then include writing the words "to the best of my knowledge".

I think you can also request for a record of dates of all your entries and departures from the USCBP. There's a fee though, and it could take quite a long time for CBP to research all the dates, so if you're in a hurry, then it's not advisable. Please check here.

Disclaimer: Not a legal advice. Please use at your own risk. It is best to seek counsel from qualified and certified immigration attorneys.

Ocworker

You mean that as long as you remember the dates is OK? On both of my vacation trips I spent 15 days each. And I do know approximate date of the first one. The other one is most recent so I still have my airplane ticket etc.
Lahoritamia

dude i had a pakistani friend who lost his passport....
when he applied for n400,all the dates he put were from his guessing.
he never had a problem whatsoever.