Days between "Card Production Ordered" and "Card Received"

yenal

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know how many days it takes to get the greencard after the card production ordered message. Please tell me about your experiences.

Within 2 weeks usually.

After you get the "card production ordered" email, you will get another one that says "approval notice sent" and that is when they actually mailed your card.

That being said, you can never really trust that online system... but either way, you should have your card in less than 3 weeks.

I got the card production ordered on Jan 17 and "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." on Jan 18. Does it mean that they mailed the card on Jan 18? I am curious about this because I am travelling outside USA on Jan 26. I hope I get it on time, otherwise I will use my Advanced Parole. Thanks.

"Approval notice sent" and "notice welcoming new resident" are TWO different things.

First you get the "notice welcome", then "card production", then "approval notice", this last one encloses the resident card.

Yenal,

I too received my papers in following order:

Card production ordered on 1/16
Welcome notice on 1/17
Approval Notice sent 1/22

I am assuming that last notice update means the physical green card has been mailed ;)

BUT as Prae mentioned, you can never trust the system..

That is why I said: you can never really trust that online system... :cool:

Hey Praetorian or anyone...

I have a question

1) we got welcome letter & green card. are we suppose to get Approval notice after card ?...according to online status as happened in last two weeks say [ 1) " Card production ordere" 2) "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident " 3) "Card production ordered" finally 4) "Approval notice sent" ]

Could please anwser my queries...thanks a millon and really appreciate

Last edited by a moderator:
AP after GC Approval

I got the card production ordered on Jan 17 and "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." on Jan 18. Does it mean that they mailed the card on Jan 18? I am curious about this because I am travelling outside USA on Jan 26. I hope I get it on time, otherwise I will use my Advanced Parole. Thanks.

Did they not stamp your passport with I-551 stamp? I am not an expert but I am not sure if AP can be used after GC has been approved in the interview. The reason I say this is because when at my interview I had to hand over my AP to the IO when he stamped my passport

I got my passport stamped today (with the help of infopass). I guess its a much more secure method than AP. Thanks everyone.