Date on Green Card

AnanthSayan

Registered Users (C)
What exactly should be the "Resident since : xx/xx/xx" date?
Is it the priority date or the I-485 approval date or date of pp stamping?
My card has the I-485 approval date. I met this guy Mr.X at the INS, San Antonio this morning. His card has his priority date on it. The officers at INS, San Antonio told him that his card was correct. They said they would investigate why my card has my I-485 approval date.
Any thoughts? Please respond.

No Title

For AOS it is the I-485 approval date.
For CP the date of passport stamping at POE.

Not one but four

Three officers discussed and went to their supervisor. She concluded that the date on the green card must be the priority date. They also told me that I can apply for Citizenship 5 years from my Priority date!!!

No Title

I actually read a report (probably the GAO report) that peple calling INS for information get accurate info only in 30% of the cases. Pretty sad, isn\'t it?

I got my GC at San Antonio too and here is my story

My wife\'s GC has I-485 approval date (Dec2001) and mine has priority date (June 1999) for "Resident Since" date.......!!!!!
Anyway my lawyer has adviced me to file for Citizenship after "true" 5yrs. i.e. Dec 2006

No Title

In my case both my wife and myself got the resident since date as my priority date even though my wife has not stayed in US from then. What should I do now?