• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Date Of Entry

mehi

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got the visa, it will expire on May 25, I can't enter before May 22, due to my work in my home country. Does it create a problem for me at POE. The officer may ask me why didn't you come earlier? Or he/she may not permit me enter..

What is your idea and experience?

Please share it.

Thanks

Still, email the U.S embassy and take their opinion about this.

I honestly don't think it should be a problem, you are entering without the visa being expired even if its one day (That's my opinion)...

I would have the same doubts as you though, think about what if you encounter any delays with flights and such...

Be on the safe side, Maybe try to notify your work that you have to leave for x days at least until you get the green card, then come back and prepare to leave for good... I heard some cases where people enter the U.S and they have friends there that will mail them the green card...

Please I would really appreciate if you can assist me with this info, as I did my interview last week and was handed a white paper with them requiring a missing document .
You said your case was under administrative Processing.

Did they give you a letter stating that it is going to be under admin processing, like the one below:

Dear visa applicant
This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the immigration and nationality act. The information contained in the paragraph marked with “X” pertain to you visa application.Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs

X - Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case : (ADMIN PROCESSING)

Administrative processing:before a visa can be issued ,your case requires additional administrative processing. WE will notify you when the review is complete ,as it may take several months to complete.IF you have not heard from us in 90 days,you should contact the Embassy to ensure that everything is okay in your case .it is your responsibility to keep the embassy updated of any address or phone no changes for you, and to contact us every three month to ensure that your case is moving forward.

Mine looked like this, was just worried if this is also administrative processing :

Below is the letter I received:

Dear visa applicant.
This office regrets to inform you that is unable to issue a visa because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following secition of the immigrant and nationality act. the information contained in the paragraph marked with X pertain your visa application. please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

X: section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application does not comply with provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. the following remarks apply in your case:*

drop off requested documents any Monday, Wednesday, pm Friday between 2pm-3pm at the embassy's reception

Provide the original and certified English translation of the Beneficiary's birth certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, email the U.S embassy and take their opinion about this.

I honestly don't think it should be a problem, you are entering without the visa being expired even if its one day (That's my opinion)...

I would have the same doubts as you though, think about what if you encounter any delays with flights and such...

Be on the safe side, Maybe try to notify your work that you have to leave for x days at least until you get the green card, then come back and prepare to leave for good... I heard some cases where people enter the U.S and they have friends there that will mail them the green card...

Please I would really appreciate if you can assist me with this info, as I did my interview last week and was handed a white paper with them requiring a missing document .
You said your case was under administrative Processing.

Did they give you a letter stating that it is going to be under admin processing, like the one below:

Dear visa applicant
This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the immigration and nationality act. The information contained in the paragraph marked with “X” pertain to you visa application.Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs

X - Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case : (ADMIN PROCESSING)

Administrative processing:before a visa can be issued ,your case requires additional administrative processing. WE will notify you when the review is complete ,as it may take several months to complete.IF you have not heard from us in 90 days,you should contact the Embassy to ensure that everything is okay in your case .it is your responsibility to keep the embassy updated of any address or phone no changes for you, and to contact us every three month to ensure that your case is moving forward.

Mine looked like this, was just worried if this is also administrative processing :

Below is the letter I received:

Dear visa applicant.
This office regrets to inform you that is unable to issue a visa because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following secition of the immigrant and nationality act. the information contained in the paragraph marked with X pertain your visa application. please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

X: section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application does not comply with provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. the following remarks apply in your case:*

drop off requested documents any Monday, Wednesday, pm Friday between 2pm-3pm at the embassy's reception

Provide the original and certified English translation of the Beneficiary's birth certificate.

they gave me a blue form, indicating the missing items if anyone has. in my form they checked only the passport, it means bring your passport when security check completes.

do you know how long after landing in the USA, we get the GC.

they gave me a blue form, indicating the missing items if anyone has. in my form they checked only the passport, it means bring your passport when security check completes.

do you know how long after landing in the USA, we get the GC.

I heard people getting it within one to two weeks, some others for about a month.

Did the U.S consular told you that your going to be under administrative processing after your interview was done ?

Thanks

I heard people getting it within one to two weeks, some others for about a month.

Did the U.S consular told you that your going to be under administrative processing after your interview was done ?

Thanks

Yes, exactly. they said it takes 1.5 - 2 months.

My case was in administrative Processing for 4.5 months after medical.

This case seems to confirm that the visa validity somehow is linked to the Medicals. I recollect in Last years Thread some cases of those under AP who had to redo medicals and many issued visa validity of less then 6 months.

If you leave on the 23rd and your validity is till 25th and you should be good as even a days delay would still mean the 25th in the US remember they are several hours behind you assuming you are from Tehran...

This case seems to confirm that the visa validity somehow is linked to the Medicals. I recollect in Last years Thread some cases of those under AP who had to redo medicals and many issued visa validity of less then 6 months.

If you leave on the 23rd and your validity is till 25th and you should be good as even a days delay would still mean the 25th in the US remember they are several hours behind you assuming you are from Tehran...

The validity of visa DEPENDS on medical, this is absolutely correct. Normally, medicals are good for one year. But if the doctor states that x-ray may indicate an inactive TB (for instance), then you still will be eligible for immigration, but medicals will be valid for 6 months instead of one year. Visa can't be valid for longer than medicals. This is why the expiration of your visa will be less than 6 months. And if you were under admin processing the visa is still issued with an expiration date of your medicals, which can be quite short period of time depending when you went throug medical examinations and how long admin processing took.