• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Data error..... Kenyan Birth Certi.

yeswecan

Registered Users (C)
AF200941### is my case # and lucky to have stumbled on the forum.
I've been trying to fill the DS230 forms and realized that the data on my BC does not match on my E-application. According to the BC i was born at KAPLONG village in BURETI district. while in the E-application I indicated my place of birth to be KERICHO. Originally we used to have KERICHO as the main district but with time the politicians split it into other smaller districts. So what is the right info to put on the DS230 forms? Will I/O understand this especially if I choose to do AOS? I reside in the usa with F1 visa.

Most likely that the will disqualify you.

But you have to keep a much more important issue in mind. If they deny the immigrant visa you also risk you F1!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely that the will disqualify you.

But you have to keep a much more important issue in mind. If they deny the immigrant visa you also risk you F1!

they wont deny him coz his country of birth qualifies him. village names/administrative boundaries are irrelevant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to fill the DS230 forms and realized that the data on my BC does not match on my E-application. According to the BC i was born at KAPLONG village in BURETI district. while in the E-application I indicated my place of birth to be KERICHO. Originally we used to have KERICHO as the main district but with time the politicians split it into other smaller districts. So what is the right info to put on the DS230 forms? Will I/O understand this especially if I choose to do AOS? I reside in the usa with F1 visa.

If for example you were born in the state of New York, city of Waterloo in the Seneca County and suppose somebody asks,"which place were you born"? what will be the appropriate answer? state,city or county?

You should be okay... Redistricting is common in a lot of countries and thus any I/O should understand that.

You won't be disqualified although there's a little amount of risk.The most important thing is that there's every proof to show that you were born in a country that qualifies to take part in the DV Lottery.On a good day, you will have the opportunity to explain the circumstance to a sensible consular officer.I'm not entirely sure about the AOS option but most certainly i believe you will get away with CP. Another option will be to obtain a new(genuine) BC which has KERICHO district as your place of birth and show it on the day of your interview.You would be surprised that the CO will not even bother to look at the district where you were born on the BC as long as the BC is genuine.I wish you all the best of luck!

Not a major problem

Iam from Kenya and understand well your issue. It seems you collected your BC late after Kericho district had already been split. What matters in interviews is honesty since it keeps you from looking afraid as if you have something to hide. if possible you can contact KCC through email and inform them of the slight change explaining by the time you were born the district was Kericho but when you apllied for your BC it had been split. I also had a problem with my details. I wrote a wrong DOB for my mom in my e application, when I realised my error I wrote to KCC and even offred to scan her national id card and send to them. but they told me the correction had been added to my file and i never heard of it even during my succesful interview. all the best

Iam from Kenya and understand well your issue. It seems you collected your BC late after Kericho district had already been split. What matters in interviews is honesty since it keeps you from looking afraid as if you have something to hide. if possible you can contact KCC through email and inform them of the slight change explaining by the time you were born the district was Kericho but when you apllied for your BC it had been split. I also had a problem with my details. I wrote a wrong DOB for my mom in my e application, when I realised my error I wrote to KCC and even offred to scan her national id card and send to them. but they told me the correction had been added to my file and i never heard of it even during my succesful interview. all the best

Jambo Waks, i made a blunder, by the time i was collecting my BC, KERICHO district had already been subdivided. During the initial entry I should have either put BURET OR KAPLONG as my place of birth as this are the places reflected in my BC.
Also My aged parents have always been confined to the comfort of the village for the last 90 plus years and they dont have documentary evidance o show their ages. So how do I document this? Ahsante sana ( Thanks)

I would also say that you should not worry about this issue. To get a certificate from local authorities providing a proof that there has been changement in the district partations could be great solution.
Dear Tazmania, (please do not mind) you should not react as a professional lawyer and make people to worry about points which are minor and do not really deserve to worry about!

Dear Tazmania, (please do not mind) you should not react as a professional lawyer and make people to worry about points which are minor
If you think giving the wrong place of birth in the e-application, fell free to put in a different one in your application. But you better read older threads within this forum.
Discrepancy of essential information in e-app vs. BC makes it suspicious for the consular officer (keyword: multiple entries).

If you think giving the wrong place of birth in the e-application, fell free to put in a different one in your application. But you better read older threads within this forum.
Discrepancy of essential information in e-app vs. BC makes it suspicious for the consular officer (keyword: multiple entries).

The way I understand here this guy was born the same place as indicated in the e-application so as the BC despite the fact the the local administrative boundaries changed hence the name. Bottom line his country qualifies to participate in the DV Lotto. Agree TAZMANI??

try emailing KCC

Pliz do not panic, consular officials at the Nairobi embassy seem nice and ready to go out of their way to help so are KCC staff. Pliz inform kcc of the error you made be forthright with the details. Making an error is not teh problem but laying (if you are caught) could disqualify even the most straight foward of issues. during the interview do not volunteer any information not asked just truthfully answer the simple questions asked. take this two scenarios during my interview.
1. I had only a simple email from a friend in the US oferring to host me but no affidavit of support, no one asked me to provide one so I just kept quiet. Imagine if I had moved straight to the officer saying I did not have the document may be I couldnt have gotten a visa.
2.My national ID and BC names do not match. in my ID I have four names but the BC had three so my police certificate came with four names while my passport and e application had three but I confidently presented the certificate and never attred a word to correct the anomaly but no one inquired even after I was told to collect the visa after two weeks they did not askn abourt the issue.
So pliz do not panic inform KCC through Email and be ready to explain to the officer IF S/HE asks. All the best

... i made a blunder, by the time i was collecting my BC, KERICHO district had already been subdivided. During the initial entry I should have either put BURET OR KAPLONG as my place of birth as this are the places reflected in my BC.

Kijana, stop worrying yourself to death, this is a non-issue. If it makes you sleep better at night, get a copy of the newspaper which reports the re-zoning etc and have it in your file to support your argument.

Also My aged parents have always been confined to the comfort of the village for the last 90 plus years and they dont have documentary evidance o show their ages. So how do I document this? Ahsante sana ( Thanks)

Nothing to worry about here either. Just use the approximate year. There were no BC's issued back in the day.

For my case, my wifes parents national id's did not have exact date, just the year, so I made copies of the ID's and kept them in my backpocket just in case. I used "Jan 1st, 19-oh-kamande" for their DOB in the DS-230...

Good Luck!

Kijana, stop worrying yourself to death, this is a non-issue. If it makes you sleep better at night, get a copy of the newspaper which reports the re-zoning etc and have it in your file to support your argument.

Nothing to worry about here either. Just use the approximate year. There were no BC's issued back in the day.

For my case, my wifes parents national id's did not have exact date, just the year, so I made copies of the ID's and kept them in my backpocket just in case. I used "Jan 1st, 19-oh-kamande" for their DOB in the DS-230...

Good Luck!

I thank you all for injecting very relaxing ideas, now I'm relaxed and have no doubt a bout this issue. May Good health be yours indiscriminately.

In addition, you can have an affidavit - certified by a lawyer / AG stating the boundary changes to further support your case. I wish you the best mkenya mwenzangu. Ignore Tazmani.