Damn name check

too_long

Registered Users (C)
Called TSC today, talked to a helpful officer, after 30 minutes hold, she told me they did not "receive my info from the FBI", I asked if this means Name check. she said yes.
I talked to TSC earlier and a gentelman told me that name check is cleared. I think he did not know what he is talking about.
Pretty disgusting

exact same thing happened to me

Hi ,

last friday i spoke to a TSC officer and she said name check and FP is cleared, but when i spoke today the person said name check is pending - i dont know whom to believe and trust -

What name check? Let's see have they ever caught one wrong person by using name check process. I have not seen one till now getting caught (may be I am wrong). I also dont know what is happening on our case also.

Any way whose job it is to follow up on name check? Also if we try to do something they can always tell us lies or even screw us some where even though we are all clean on records(I guess).

thanks
PD-05/2002
485-8/04
FP4/1/04

kabbu said:
Hi ,

last friday i spoke to a TSC officer and she said name check and FP is cleared, but when i spoke today the person said name check is pending - i dont know whom to believe and trust -

Well for me, the person who told me the name check is clear did that in 2 minutes. The second lady put me on hold for about 30 minutes and looked at the case. She sounded a lot more convincing that she got right down to root cause. It seems to me that the first person was wrong, and that my application is really stuck in name check. I also read somewhere on this forum that officers many times made the mistake of saying name check is clear, while in reality it is not.

I still think it is TSC problem, who knows when did they start the name check, or whether they received the info back from FBI but never updated the case

how do we find out if ones name is on name check

i am just curious to know if my name is on name check ,, do we get a email .. ???

Name check

I hope you get your name check cleared and get the gc soon.

How do you get a chance to talk to TSC officer. I can not go through the 800 operator. Now even I can not talk to any person if I call 800 number. I always get " due to temporary problem, etc " message.

Any help?

I reqyested for FOIP and I got a "no records" from FBI. What can be my next next step? I am also waiting for long long frustrating time for 485 approval.

too_long said:
Called TSC today, talked to a helpful officer, after 30 minutes hold, she told me they did not "receive my info from the FBI", I asked if this means Name check. she said yes.
I talked to TSC earlier and a gentelman told me that name check is cleared. I think he did not know what he is talking about.
Pretty disgusting

Too_Long:

There was a thread in this forum that a few people mailed letters to FBI director and other responsible person for name check and got their name check cleared in a couple of weeks. You may search this forum by "letter to FBI name check" to get the letter format.

Also, I called TSC about a week before my approval and I was told that my case is already pulled for superviser review...so I think that some people there speak truth.

Good luck

I-485 OCt 2002
FP Dec 2004
Ref Ack May 3 2005
AD June 2, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hit and miss

Guys,

From experience I have found that calling the TSC has mixed results. Some people get correct updates while others are just brushed of. There is no pattern. Its a lottery and we have to just try our luck.

regards,

saras