Dallas Timeline, Family based

class082004

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I applied for my wife's GC last year based on family. here is the timeline:

April 2003: Filed 130+485+131 to Dallas local office
June 2003: got receipt
June 2003: submitted medical upon request
Sept 2003: got AP approval

Nothing since then. No FP, no interview, nothing.

Could anyone post your timeline? especially at Dallas DO. I do not know if my wife's case is in the right track or should I push BCIS in some way.

thanks.

I am in the same boat and applied for my spouse but applied much later. Applied all these I485, I130, I765, I131, I864 together including medical exam.

Applied in Nov 20 03
got receipt dated Dec 09 03 on Jan 12th.
INS asked for I864 which I already submitted before. I sent it to them again on Jan 22nd .
no information after that. Waiting for EAD.

Please everyone post your timelines for Dallas here and keep the post alive.

Dal123

Hey Dal123...
I think I replied to you before but well yep, it is a good idea to keep alive this post.
Applied on Nov 26th 2003 and got the receipt from the INS on Jan 5th. I had also send all the forms including the medical exam together. Waiting to get the EAD also.

Class082004...how soon did you get the EAD?

my wife has not applied for EAD. I talked with others in the same situation. I was told that it would take 1.5 year before called back for interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Mr bond - You did reply to me before with a link to the old thread. I saw no activity on that thread. Hopefully we can all keep this thread alive.

I am hoping my wife will receive her EAD by March 10th. If not we plan on going to the INS office and getting the EAD.

I heard that the entire processes is taking 15 - 16 months. looking at the dates posted on the INS website it is consistent.

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp#

Dal123

my wife got a letter last week asking her to do a fingerprint. the FP location is on the direct other side of Dallas though there is another FP site close by. We need to drive 30 miles to make it there at 8am. It is tough.

somehow, her name is spelled wrong on the letter.

Family based timeline Dallas

Just received my finger printing date yesterday...Here's my Dallas office timeline based on marriage to US citizen.. I am currently on H1-B...

RD 07/10/03 Filed I-130, 485, Adv Par, EAD
Adv Par 09/08/03
EAD 09/30/03
Fing. Prt 02/27/04

Also, my mom is being sponsored by my elder sister(US ctz)
RD 05/20/03
Fing. Prt 02/26/04

Hope this help.....Does anyone knows if they do background check before, after or in between interview is going on....

I got married in Sept 2003 and filed my papers right away to TSC.

My RD is 10/2003
EAD - 12/2003
FP 1/2003

My wife got her I-485 Approval on 2/13/2004 (last week) not sure if this will have an impact on my case

Hey dal123 and Class082004..
My wife received a letter from INS to go to the INS centre in the 2nd week of March in regards to the EAD..thats all it mentions. Did you hear back anything,Dal123?

Ravibeta..If you applied as the AOS spouse of the US citizen, y ddi you send the application to the TSC to begin with? I thought it was supposed to be sent to the local office..+ u got the FP date just a month after the EAD..that sure is commendable :)

jamesbond911:

I married someone who was waiting for her 1-485 approval too.

Applied FTJ in Oct. 03.

Got my EAD in Dec 03 and fingerprinting in Jan 04.

I guess it was sent to local office - not sure where the lawyer sent the paperwork.

My wife applied through her employer - just got her approval last week. That is one headache over.

Hope everyone else is getting lucky with the quick advancements at TSC.

Does anyone know how long a FTJ will take?

Hi jamesbond,

I applied for my wife in Nov end '03 and received a receipt date od 12/09/03 and after that have not heard anything from them. With the receipt they asked me to submit the I 864 which i sent again. I had sent that initially also.

Can you please post your timelines also.

Dal123

Hey Dal123..
I applied for my wife on Nov26th, 2003.
Got reciept dated Dec2nd on Jan 5, 2004.
Now got a letter to go to INS on Jan15th for EAD.
I think your letter should be also on da way :)
Laterz

Thanks Jamesbond. Appreciate it. I am hoping I will receive a letter for EAD either this week or next week. Let's do keep this thread active like we have been doing.

Dal123

Hi Jamesbond and others,

My wife received a notice to appear for her I-485 fingerprints on Mar 12. No EAD or advance parole though.

Dal123

gc needs to apply I-130 for his spouse. It takes 5 years for approval. Before approval, spouse should stay in US in a valid status. If she is out of status, she is subject to 3-10 rule (out of status over 6 months, barred for reentry for 3 years and out of status over 1 year, barred for 10 years) if she leaves US. However, a citizen could apply GC for his spouse right away even the spouse is out of status in the US as long as she entered US with inspection (i.e. had an entry card (i-94)).

That is my understanding. Might be wrong.

my wife got a letter for interview yesterday. Here is the timeline:

Apply: I-485, I-130 April 2003
FP: Feb 2004
Interview: March 2004

The letter asks for many items. It is not specifically targeting family based applicant. It asks for Birth Certificate, but not Marriage License for family based. Wired. It does not ask for photos, etc. Also it is asking for current employment letter showing pay rate and empolyment date. It says that interview will be vedio-taped. It is just too formal. Do they keep the tape in her file forever?

One question: My wife speaks little English. The letter says that non-english speaker should bring a non-familymember interpreter. Can we not bring one? I am afraid officer might ask question too personal and donot want friend to hear about them. What is the conquence for not bringing one?

class082004

congratulations. Do keep us posted after the interview. Looks like your interview is one month after fingerprinting. My wife got her fingerprints scheduled for Mar 12(3.5 months after applying). hope she gets her interview soon.

Dal123

Hi Dal123..
Even my wife got the letter to appear for Fingerprints on April 14th..Things seem to be going decent in the DALLASoffice..Hopefully they'll remain the same
Laterz

Jamesbond,

Let's hope everything is moving along in the Dallas office. My wife has not yet received her EAD. hope that is coming soon too. lets keep this thread active and hopefully others from Dallas will post their timelines also.

Dal123