Dallas - Time for Oath after interview

raj1d

Registered Users (C)
I had my naturalization interview in 1st week of August and I was told by the immigration officer that I should be hearing from them in 1 or 2 weeks. I have not heard anything back so far, should I be concerned? One of the main reasons is that, my case was not approved (Can not be decided at this time) as the officer told me that even though all paper work is in order, she had to pass it on to the supervisor as she is new to the job and I am afraid of my file getting lost in the INS black hole.

Can some from Dallas DO post the time to receive the oath letter after interview?

Also, is it too soon to get an appointment with USCIS to discuss this?

Thanks

the dallas DO is a little erratic.
i had my interview in mid march and was approved at the interview.
i didnt get my oath letter for july 23 till end of june(after visiting the DO and writing to the senator)

at the oath i met a few people who had received their oath fairly quickly

depending on what county you live in,track the oath ceremonies for that county and escalate your issue accordingdly(in case of a delay)
oath ceremonies have been scheduled for dallas and collin every 3 months

hope this helps

How soon

Thanks for the info.

How soon before I can request the senator/congressman to get involved ?

according to the info ive seen, the senator/congressman will not get involved unless its been 3 mos since the interview

DFW_BR said:
according to the info ive seen, the senator/congressman will not get involved unless its been 3 mos since the interview

Most immigration assistants at Congressman / woman's office would look at the date of applications being processed in the local DO. If the date of your first NOA falls before the date DO is processing, that indicates your application is falling behind. That might be the criteria the immigration assistant would apply.

Having said that, it is not uncommon to have time gap between interview and oath. Typically, the duration of wait could be anywhere between 1 month and 6 months. You might want to wait for atleast 2 months after the interview before going to the DO for status check or calling your congressman/congresswoman.

-----------------------

Vote Bush '04

Thanks

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply back to the posting. As suggested, I will wait at least 2 months before chasing it down.

When the immigration officer told me, I should be hearing from them in the next 1 week aftger interview , I took it seriously! and I now realize I should be more practical.

raj1d said:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply back to the posting. As suggested, I will wait at least 2 months before chasing it down.

When the immigration officer told me, I should be hearing from them in the next 1 week aftger interview , I took it seriously! and I now realize I should be more practical.

Raj1d

any news in ur case???? did u get oath letter?

oath letter

I received my oath ceremony letter this morning. It is scheduled for September 22 @ 9 AM.

The location for the ceremony is at Spring Creek Parkway in Plano. Is this another USCIS office in Dallas?

Also, can some one tell me how much time the whole oath ceremony process is expected to take?

Thanks

raj1d said:
I received my oath ceremony letter this morning. It is scheduled for September 22 @ 9 AM.

The location for the ceremony is at Spring Creek Parkway in Plano. Is this another USCIS office in Dallas?

Also, can some one tell me how much time the whole oath ceremony process is expected to take?

Thanks

Congrats. After the oath, please be a responsible citizen.

Spring Creek Parkway is the default place for oath in D/FW area. Atleast thats true for all oath cermonies with exception to the July 4th cermony.

Plan to be there for about 3 hours, including registration, speeches and actual award of certificate.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

When is the next oath ceremony scheduled in Dallas or Collin county (Plano)? Did anybody receive oath letters from Dallas Office recently?......Thanks

anil2003 said:
When is the next oath ceremony scheduled in Dallas or Collin county (Plano)? Did anybody receive oath letters from Dallas Office recently?......Thanks

Hello anil.. i know u and ur wife had interview a while back . did both U and ur wife got the oath letters?

shaky,

Both of us got oath letters for July 23rd, but I couldn't make it as I was out of the country. She went to the ceremony. Now I'm trying to get it re-scheduled.hopefully soon.........and I found out there is a ceremony on Dec 2nd in Dallas and one on Oct 23rd in Plano

anil2003 said:
shaky,

Both of us got oath letters for July 23rd, but I couldn't make it as I was out of the country. She went to the ceremony. Now I'm trying to get it re-scheduled.hopefully soon.........and I found out there is a ceremony on Dec 2nd in Dallas and one on Oct 23rd in Plano

Oh man sad news. but if u got it 1st time then there should not be problem the second time. good luck.