Dallas processing time

So looks like the average wait for Dallas service center is 8 months (Application, fingerprinting, to interview).........or is it more than that? Is anybody waiting for more than a year in Dallas?

DFW_BR, did you check your online status before you received the interview letter?

i checked my online status after i received the interview letter

the online status is the same,hasnt changed or disappeared

For the curious...about Oath ceremonies in Dallas....(from the USCIS website..)

Citizenship Ceremonies:
The Dallas District has been given the authority by the courts to hold Administrative Ceremonies. This office conducts two to four ceremonies on Saturdays, and if the applicant is disabled, will hold an Administrative Ceremony in the applicant's home. We also conduct Judicial Ceremonies in Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Sherman, Tyler, and Wichita Falls.

anil,

I am waiting more than an year for naturalization in the DFW metro. My timeline:

Priority day: Oct.15, 2002
Fingerprints: Nov. 2002
Interview day: Feb. 2003
Oath - still waiting

N400 - timeline ( my experience) from Dallas and family from Houston

Dallas (Arlington-Tarrant County)
Priority Date : Aug 2004
FP : Sep 2004
IV scheduled Feb 2005

my family applied from Houston (Harris County)
Houston:
Priority Date: Sept 2004
FP : Oct 2004
Interview : Nov 2004
Oath : Jan 20, 2005

I have heard San Antonio is the fastest in TX and Dallas is slowest.

dallas interview experience

Hi guys,

just came back from interview.
reached Dallas DO about 30 minutes before the appointment letter time. Deposited the appointment letter in a mail box.
Was called in about 5 minutes after my scehduled time.
Officer was nice and friendly. She saw my GC, Passport and DL. Then make me took oath. she went over my application. When it came to the "ever arrested cited detained..." I told her I have a traffic ticket which I forgot to mention on my app. She ask me when and where was the ticket and what was the offense. I replied it was about 4-5 years ago and was a non-injury...nonDUI...changing lanes citation.
She told its OK..
Asked about 7 questions from history and civics.
My DL had my older Houston address. She asked why did I not change address on DL.
I told I do not know how long we will stay at this address....
Asked if I had filed taxes regularly....yes
Next she congratulated me for having passed the interview and asked me if I want to take the oath on 2nd week of March...that was the nearest date.....
I told yes so she printed me out an oath letter...
I am happy....and had a very pleasant experience...
Before my interview when I was waiting...I asked a few people who came out from the interview about their experience... One guy told that they did not mention anything about oath for him and told him they will send him case update via mail. The other person , she passed but again no oath letter..
and they told one another lady to come back again with some additional documentation.....So I was pretty scared before the interview....

good luck to everyone in Dallas DO.

N400 applicant said:
Hi guys,

just came back from interview.
reached Dallas DO about 30 minutes before the appointment letter time. Deposited the appointment letter in a mail box.
Was called in about 5 minutes after my scehduled time.
Officer was nice and friendly. She saw my GC, Passport and DL. Then make me took oath. she went over my application. When it came to the "ever arrested cited detained..." I told her I have a traffic ticket which I forgot to mention on my app. She ask me when and where was the ticket and what was the offense. I replied it was about 4-5 years ago and was a non-injury...nonDUI...changing lanes citation.
She told its OK..
Asked about 7 questions from history and civics.
My DL had my older Houston address. She asked why did I not change address on DL.
I told I do not know how long we will stay at this address....
Asked if I had filed taxes regularly....yes
Next she congratulated me for having passed the interview and asked me if I want to take the oath on 2nd week of March...that was the nearest date.....
I told yes so she printed me out an oath letter...
I am happy....and had a very pleasant experience...
Before my interview when I was waiting...I asked a few people who came out from the interview about their experience... One guy told that they did not mention anything about oath for him and told him they will send him case update via mail. The other person , she passed but again no oath letter..
and they told one another lady to come back again with some additional documentation.....So I was pretty scared before the interview....

good luck to everyone in Dallas DO.

Congrats
I told you you will be ok

N400 applicant Congratulations!!!

Just out of curiosity I wanted to know that when officer ask you questions (out of 100) do they give you choices to select answer, or you have to tell the correct answer(anyway)?

My timeline has been:

Aug 02 2004: Mailed N400 app
Aug 03 2004: Receipt date/Priority date
Sep 09 2004: Finger Printing date
Mid-Mar 2005: Interview date

So about 7 months from application date to Interview date. Hope to wrap this up by May.

Congrats N400 applicant and thanks for the details of the interview. Can you tell me how much time it took for the whole interview process? Thanks

My processing time

Hi everyone,

Here are my dates, hope this will give you some idea:
Priority Date : 11/02/2004
Finger print : 12/21/2004
Interview notice date: 02/23/2005
Interview Date : 04/21/05

I will update you guys on my interview experience.

Chao.

N400 Question - Texas Service Center

Receipt Date - August 28th, 2006
Finger Printing Done - September 26th, 2006

Current status, still shows my application pending with Texas Service Center. I got an appointment with InfoPass, and asked the agent about my case. He told me that they were still waiting for clearance from other departments. I asked him, if this the was NameCheck, and the agent told me No.

My wife whose application was filed along with mine had her interview completed and approved on January 26th, 2007.

Any having similar experiences. Please share.

Thanks,
Neel

There is a newer thread for timeline in Dallas at
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=146214&page=49&highlight=dallas+timeline

which has current applicant information.

s_a_kumar

Receipt Date - August 28th, 2006
Finger Printing Done - September 26th, 2006

Current status, still shows my application pending with Texas Service Center. I got an appointment with InfoPass, and asked the agent about my case. He told me that they were still waiting for clearance from other departments. I asked him, if this the was NameCheck, and the agent told me No.

My wife whose application was filed along with mine had her interview completed and approved on January 26th, 2007.

Any having similar experiences. Please share.

Thanks,
Neel