Dallas oath ceremony dates

Dal123

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone receive oath letter in mail in Dallas after the interview recently. Could you please let me know how much time after the interview you received the oath letter. I am waiting for almost the past two months for the oath letter.

Thanks

Dal123

Dal 123,

I am waiting since Feb 20 (interview day) and still nothing! At the begining of Oct. I went to my congressman's office. They told me that it will take ~ 30 days for a reply. A girl that had an interview one week before me got an oath letter at the begining of October. But the ceremony is in Sherman (she lives in the Dallas metro). Next week will check with my congressman's office. Have to wait for the 30 days.

That is really sad news. I hope you get your oath letter soon. Please keep us posted if you hear anything.

Dal123

I do not know the reasons for the delay. I suspect is a red tape. Everything went fine to the interview. And after this I am waiting for the oath forever. I sent a letter to the INS center in Dallas at the end of June. Never got a reply. Then at the end of July I called the national 1-800 number. They could not tell me anything about the reasons for the delay. They said that the reasons are without the Dallas center. They took my information and send an inquiry to Dallas. Three weeks later I received a standard letter stating "The status of your claim is: Your case is currently pending schedule for an Oath Ceremony". That was around Aug.20. Still nothing. In early October I went to 2 congressemens' offices. The first refused to make an inquiry because I wasn't in his district. So I went to the congressman representing my district. They took my package (a letter stating my situation, copies of my notice of action, fingerprint form,interview results, status inquiry letter) and told me it will take 30 days after INS receive their request. This was on Oct 8. So I plan to contact them next week.

I am not the only one having this problem. There was a group of people that had their interviews between Oct.2002 -March 2003 that have problems with the oath ceremony letter. My guess is that when in March INS went into the Bureau of Homeland Security we fall in a bureaucratic black hole. Meanwhile they are giving oath dates to people that had an interview in September. Some of them have been scheduled for an oath ONE WEEK after their interview. I am very frustrated.

As for me, I don't have anything that can create a problem. Not from a problem country, never had even a traffic ticket, been only once out of the country in the past 10 years, married to a US citizen for 10 years, came as lawfull permanent resident.

I went through my oath ceremony today and I am a citizen now. I received my oath letter 9 days ago.

The ceremony was very well organized and 98 peolpe took the oath along with me. The INS officers were very courteous and extremely nice at the oath ceremony. I am very lucky to receive my oath in two months after the interview.

In the oath ceremony I met two folks and one had the interview last december and one person ahd the interview in May 03.

Now I can apply for my spouse and will be doing so really soon.

Dal123