Dallas Local BCIS N400 processing time

i would suggest that you take u r green card(s) since the officer asked for mine during my visit
i had a copy of my entire application/correspondence
i also printed out the processing time for the local DHS office to show them.the officer had a copy of the processing times in her cube

good luck

DFW_BR:How did you get the appt to the local uscis ? Their website does not issue appts. for case status.

Appointment with local BCIS

Thanks for the info. I was planning on taking my entire file that I had taken for the interview. Now regarding the processing times for the local BCIS, are those the priority dates? Because if that is correct then our our priority date is 14th August 2003 and according to the local processing timetable for Jacksonville, FL they are currently processing April 9th 2004.

Let's see what happens?

DFW_BR said:
i would suggest that you take u r green card(s) since the officer asked for mine during my visit
i had a copy of my entire application/correspondence
i also printed out the processing time for the local DHS office to show them.the officer had a copy of the processing times in her cube

good luck

fortunately for me, the dallas office has the info pass system.i made an appt. through this-even then my meeting was 2 hors past my appt.

now-just to illustrate my weird INS meeting, when i mentioned my priority date to the officer she told me its an application date and not priority date(although the INS letter also state priority date as opposed to application date)

another thing ive picked up is that you have a strong case with the INS or congressman/senators office if its been 3 months past your interview and the INS processing date is past your priority date

hope this helps

Well the reason I am a little impatience is two of my friends had interviews in March & April and had their Oaths in April & May here in Jacksonville, FL. Then according to that we should have have our Oath in June because we were interviewed in May.

DFW_BR said:
fortunately for me, the dallas office has the info pass system.i made an appt. through this-even then my meeting was 2 hors past my appt.

now-just to illustrate my weird INS meeting, when i mentioned my priority date to the officer she told me its an application date and not priority date(although the INS letter also state priority date as opposed to application date)

another thing ive picked up is that you have a strong case with the INS or congressman/senators office if its been 3 months past your interview and the INS processing date is past your priority date

hope this helps

Received Oath letter N-445

Well, the oath letter was waiting in my mail box today by the time I got home... :D

Here is my timeline:
PD - September 2003
FD - November 2003
ID - May 2004
OD - July 2004 (23rd at the Plano center)

Some background

During my interview, the officer indicated that I have a second A file, and he has to receive it before my file is closed to schedule for oath letter. However, he indicated that I will have plenty of time to attend the July 23, 2004 ceremony in Plano. Well...I have waited until July 6, 2004 and made a visit to the Dallas USCIS office (yes..I was able to get an appointment for 1 PM on July 6, 2004). Went to the office at 12:45 pm and you have to wait outside to get a token based on your appointment letter. The guy that gives out the token indicated that it will take 6 - 9 months to get the oath after interview :confused:

I thought to myself..whatever dude...went inside and waited for about 2 hours before my token number was called. I was pleasantly surprised that the information officer looked up my file on the computer and told me that the second A file was received in mid June 2004, and my file appears to be complete and approved. I also typed up and took a letter with me requesting the interviewing officer for the July 23rd Oath ceremony. I have asked the info. officer to pass that request letter along.

However looks like the interviweing officer did not forget my file and my oath letter (because the same day - July 6th, 2004 my file was updated and approved). The oath letter was mailed out on July 12, 2004 and I received it today (July 13, 2004). I guess there is hope for USCIS :)

I will post again after my oath ceremony.

For those of you that received the oath letter for the July 23rd, 2004 in Collin county...the address seems a bit odd...here is what is listed:
US District court eastern district of texas
----spring creek pwky
-----
Plano center

I am not sure if there is a district court at the plano center...

Last edited by a moderator:
fitness99 said:
Well, the oath letter was waiting in my mail box today by the time I got home... :D

Here is my timeline:
PD - September 2003
FD - November 2003
ID - May 2004
OD - July 2004 (23rd at the Plano center)

Some background

During my interview, the officer indicated that I have a second A file, and he has to receive it before my file is closed to schedule for oath letter. However, he indicated that I will have plenty of time to attend the July 23, 2004 ceremony in Plano. Well...I have waited until July 6, 2004 and made a visit to the Dallas USCIS office (yes..I was able to get an appointment for 1 PM on July 6, 2004). Went to the office at 12:45 pm and you have to wait outside to get a token based on your appointment letter. The guy that gives out the token indicated that it will take 6 - 9 months to get the oath after interview :confused:

I thought to myself..whatever dude...went inside and waited for about 2 hours before my token number was called. I was pleasantly surprised that the information officer looked up my file on the computer and told me that the second A file was received in mid June 2004, and my file appears to be complete and approved. I also typed up and took a letter with me requesting the interviewing officer for the July 23rd Oath ceremony. I have asked the info. officer to pass that request letter along.

However looks like the interviweing officer did not forget my file and my oath letter (because the same day - July 6th, 2004 my file was updated and approved). The oath letter was mailed out on July 12, 2004 and I received it today (July 13, 2004). I guess there is hope for USCIS :)

I will post again after my oath ceremony.

For those of you that received the oath letter for the July 23rd, 2004 in Collin county...the address seems a bit odd...here is what is listed:
US District court eastern district of texas
----spring creek pwky
-----
Plano center

I am not sure if there is a district court at the plano center...

Congratulation to you. Well in my case I still don't understand what the scheduler is doing with our files. The information officer had told us on June 28th 2003 that the scheduler has just received our files, but hasn't scheduled us yet for the Oath. "It will be soon!" - her quote.

What is soon in their terms I have no idea. I guess the next step would be to write to the interviewing officer.

Congrats Fitneess99

I am exactly in the same situation as u were...waiting for the second A file to arrive after Interview. Your news is encouraging. Last I checked, they said that the file got there in Mid May and now my entire file is sitting on some officer's shelf to be looked at by him..they keep saying it is a matter of days..and some jerk said it usually takes 4 to 6 months...I m keeping my fingers crossed....

Jax2004 / Citizen2004: Thank you. I wish you the very best with your oath letters.

I would recommend writing to your interviewing officers, since your file is probably with him/her. In my case, I wrote a letter of request directly to my interviewing officer.

On a side note the interviewing officer told me that it normally takes them between 2 - 4 weeks to get information from the storage (e.g. the second A files etc.).

fitness99 said:
Jax2004 / Citizen2004: Thank you. I wish you the very best with your oath letters.

I would recommend writing to your interviewing officers, since your file is probably with him/her. In my case, I wrote a letter of request directly to my interviewing officer.

On a side note the interviewing officer told me that it normally takes them between 2 - 4 weeks to get information from the storage (e.g. the second A files etc.).

Thanks for the wishes. Well I am in Jacksonville, Florida and I know that we don't have a second A files etc. The interviewing officer at the time of interviews told us everything looks fine and he is going to recommend us for approval (with standard N652) and because the oath ceremonies are held every month here in Jax we shouldn't have to wait too long.

I did write to my interviewer as well, but the information officer told me that the cases are not necessarily handled by the same officer....in any case I hope the officer passes my request to the right officer.

When you say it takes 2-4 weeks to get the information from the storage..is it after the file has reached the local office? If this is the case then it explains the delay...otherwise it is just one lazy officer.

fitness99 said:

citizen2004 said:
I did write to my interviewer as well, but the information officer told me that the cases are not necessarily handled by the same officer....in any case I hope the officer passes my request to the right officer.

When you say it takes 2-4 weeks to get the information from the storage..is it after the file has reached the local office? If this is the case then it explains the delay...otherwise it is just one lazy officer.

2 - 4 weeks to get the file to the local office from storage. Once the file has reached the local office, it depends on when they merge that information with your existing file (I think this is where the delay kicks in).

Fitness99 is a U.S. Citizen now!

Howdy - Well...I became a U.S. Citizen as of 11:00 am today. I attended the ceremony in Plano, Texas. It was a big ceremony with 1009 naturalized citizens representing 99 countries. Very good/unique experience :D

After the naturalization, went to the social security office to notify them of the citizenship status, and then went to the passport office and applied for a U.S passport.

Good luck to everyone going through this process, and I wish you all the best.

fitness99 said:
Howdy - Well...I became a U.S. Citizen as of 11:00 am today. I attended the ceremony in Plano, Texas. It was a big ceremony with 1009 naturalized citizens representing 99 countries. Very good/unique experience :D

After the naturalization, went to the social security office to notify them of the citizenship status, and then went to the passport office and applied for a U.S passport.

I have a question... what is second A file?...

fitness99 said:

Congratulations fitness99.

Is there a form to fill to inform Social Security of the new status? Can we do it on line? Thanks.

SagarSahilSehra said:
I have a question... what is second A file?...

I have two immigration petitions approved (I-140) from two different employers. However I chose to use the second one to get my U.S. Permanent residency. Every time you have an immigration petition approved on your behalf, the case will be assigned an A number also known as the INS registration number (this will carry on to your naturalization certificate). In my case, in order to close my immigration files for naturalization, the officer had to get my previous employer filed immigration file (second A-file) to close it off. Hope this answers your question. Best Regards.

Jitender said:
Congratulations fitness99.

Is there a form to fill to inform Social Security of the new status? Can we do it on line? Thanks.

Thanks Jitender!

The form SS-5 is available online at www.ssa.gov (http://www.ssa.gov/replace_sscard.html)

I believe you have to physically go to the office, as they need to verify your U.S Citizenship status to update their database (the lady I spoke to at the SSA office noted that everyone should update their immigration status if you change from Work visa -> USPR -> USC). They either need your naturalization certificate or a U.S passport and drivers license (they just look at it, and give the documents back to you).

Here is the text from the SSA website:
What if my immigration status or citizenship changed?
If your immigration status changed or you became a U.S. citizen, you should tell Social Security so your records can be updated. To get your immigration status or citizenship corrected, you need to show documents that prove your new status or citizenship.

You can also call the toll free number and/or locate the nearest SSA office in your area for more up to date info. Best Regards.

fitness99 said:
I have two immigration petitions approved (I-140) from two different employers. However I chose to use the second one to get my U.S. Permanent residency. Every time you have an immigration petition approved on your behalf, the case will be assigned an A number also known as the INS registration number (this will carry on to your naturalization certificate). In my case, in order to close my immigration files for naturalization, the officer had to get my previous employer filed immigration file (second A-file) to close it off. Hope this answers your question. Best Regards.

Yes thank you ...Fitness

next oath ceremony in oct at plano center

I too had my oath ceremony at the plano center yesterday. :)

the oath letter asked us to report at 9 am sharp.with a 1000 people attending the lines were huge.
i thought the event was a little chaotic with no clear instructions

the good news for people waiting for oath is that the next ceremony is at the plano center in october during the international festival.
it looks like plano might have an oath ceremony every 3-4 months.

people sitting next to me said their cases had been approved with 6 mos of application.

good luck to people waiting in the process

thanks to all whove helped out with advice and suggestions

cheers

Just want to post my experience to help other people with regards to time line etc.
:)
Application based on 5years - 3Month rule. Applied 4 years 10 months.

Feb 12 2004 : Sent application to TSC.
Feb 18 2004 : Priority Date.
Feb 25 2004 : Received Receipt of Application and Checks Cashed.
Feb 26 2004 : Received Letter for Figerprinting at Ft Worth.
Mar 23 2004 : Figerprints Done
May12 2004 : Received Letter for Interview.
Aug 5 2004 : Interview done in about 15 Mins, asked questions on
History and Civics from the 100 Questions need 6 out
of 10 to pass. She stopped at 6. Asked to read and
write an english sentence. Confirmed the application
and all declerations in it. Asked to show PP(Renewed
and Old) , GC, DL, no other documents. Asked if I paid
all taxes and no dues.

Given N652 on the spot (Natlz Imig Result) PASSED.
Given N445 on the spot (Oath Ceremony) OATH LETTER.
Sep 22 2004 : Oath at Plano Center in DFW 11:00Am.

Hope it helps others in he pipe line. Good luck to all. :)