Dallas Local BCIS N400 processing time

Azby,fitness
this is wonderful news for you.
Do you mind posting your PD?

Im planning on making an appointment at the dallas office in mid-june
if i receive my oath letter before then i wont need the appointment.

i did check the calendar for the plano convention center.they dont mention these immigration ceremonies.i was hoping to see additional dates around mid july
cheers

DFW_BR said:
Azby,fitness
this is wonderful news for you.
Do you mind posting your PD?

Im planning on making an appointment at the dallas office in mid-june
if i receive my oath letter before then i wont need the appointment.

i did check the calendar for the plano convention center.they dont mention these immigration ceremonies.i was hoping to see additional dates around mid july
cheers
DFW_BR - here is my timeline....
PD Sep 2003
FP Nov 2003
ID May 2004
OD Jul 2004 (as my oath letter is sitting in my file :) )

The officer told me that is the only date before end of july for Collin county residents (JULY 23rd, 2004) - plano convention center. YOu will not see this in the convention center calendar yet...but if do a google...you can see that Plano convention center expressed an interest a while back in hosting the citizenship ceremonies. It is good that I don't need to drive all the way to sherman.

FYI...for those interested - the officer only asked for my GC and latest passport. He checked my name and DOB on the passport...he did not ask for any other documentation. Standard questions out of the 100 sample questions; read a paragraph out loud and wrote a simple sentence. He told me...that it takes about 2 weeks for them to get my paperwork and I should have plenty of time to attend the July 23rd ceremony in Plano.

However I did get the congratulations paper...

Last edited by a moderator:
azby9999us said:
I felt I was the most unluckiest person and was feeling miserable the whole weekend :(

AZBY9999US - Hang in there...you will get it soon enough to attend the ceremony with your wife. I understand that it makes you feel miserable...but you should just go about with your regular life....we still have about 2+ months to get the letter..... :)

My timeline....

Here is my timeline:

Here is my timeline

Priority Date : 19 Sep 2003
Fingerprinting date : 02 Nov 2003
Interview date: 14 May 2004
Oath Date : Still waiting for the letter :(

fitness99 said:
Howdy Folks - Texas - Collin county residents...there is an oath cremony scheduled on July 23rd 2004 at the plano convention center. You ask how I know this....I had my interview earlier today and the officer told me they are scheduling oath on July 23rd. I haven't gotten the oath letter yet with me (although he did print it in front of me), cause they are waiting on a file from my previous state (where I filed I-140 long time ago). Best Regards.

Hi, did you get your oath letter for July 23rd 2004. Just wondering. Thanks

azby9999us said:
Hi, did you get your oath letter for July 23rd 2004. Just wondering. Thanks

Hi AZBY9999US - Not yet...I am expecting to get that sometime in the second week of June...I will update the forum as soon as I receive it. The officer told me it will take two weeks for him to receive the second A file in my case (this is on May 17).

Thanks.

Finally got my oath letter

Let me start of by saying that this was a very interesting and at times frustrating experience. As I mentioned in my earlier post that my interview went fine and I was waiting to hear from the BCIS about my oath.

This is what happened in the last couple of days. I received (on 6/3/04) a letter from the Officer giving me an appointment for 06/02/04 at 8 AM to sign my application. The letter was post marked May 20th but I received it only on June 3rd. I really don't know why it took so long for a local mail. I was really frustrated yesterday and not knowing what to do, I called the 800 number. The lady asked me to write to the District Office stating the reason that "I could not come for the interview" and they will reschedule the appointment. Then I wrote on a copy of the letter accordingly and I was about to mail it to them. Then I decided, let me just try going to the District Office on Stemmons Freeway to see if I can explain my situation to an immigration officer. I reached there about 11 AM on 6/4/04. I showed my letter to the Security person and explained my situtation. He said that he will go and check with the officer on what can be done and I was sure that they will not let me in. To my pleasant surprise, he came and told me that the officer is willing to see me but it will be a while and he asked me whether I was willing to wait. I agreed to wait and I got called in around 12:30 PM.

All I had to do was to sign on the application my full name i.e. basically writing the full name as opposed to the usual signature we normally do. After that she gave me the oath letter for 23rd July at Plano Center.

I was surprised to hear from the officer that she tried calling me (both at my home number and work number) on 6/2/04 when I did not make it to my appt (as I did not know of it at all). She also, said that she was glad that I came today to meet her as she was not sure what to do with my file.

Anyway.. just thought I will share my experience and also suggest that if you have any similar experience as missing an appointment for some reason, it may be a good idea to take a chance to go ASAP and try to meet the officer..

One last step to go thru...the Oath Ceremony..hopefully there are no glitches for me in that. :)

congratulations!!
Since i havent received my path letter yet Ive made an appt with the INS on 6/15.
I'll post an update then unless i get my oath letter before that :)

DFW_BR said:
congratulations!!
Since i havent received my path letter yet Ive made an appt with the INS on 6/15.
I'll post an update then unless i get my oath letter before that :)

DFW_BR - Any update regarding your oath letter? Thanks.

District Office Processing Times...

Does anybody know what does "Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of:" mean? Is it the date that the application is received from the service center (I am talking about N-400)?

Is there a way to find out the actual date the application was receipt by the district office from the service center?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

jax2004 said:
Does anybody know what does "Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of:" mean? Is it the date that the application is received from the service center (I am talking about N-400)?

Is there a way to find out the actual date the application was receipt by the district office from the service center?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks
Receipt date represents your N400 priority date on the receipt notice (from the service center). I do not know if there is a way to find when your file (date wise) is transferred to the DO from the SC.

fitness99 said:
Receipt date represents your N400 priority date on the receipt notice (from the service center). I do not know if there is a way to find when your file (date wise) is transferred to the DO from the SC.

Could this receipt notice date be the date on the Interview Appointment letter? That would mean that SC printed the letter that day and also transfered the file to DO around that date?

INS meeting update

I had a lousy day at the dallas district office yesterday.
i had an appt. at 930 am, i met an officer at 1130 am.

i didnt learn anything new about the status of my case.
its been 3 mons+ since my interview.the officer said my case is in the queue to be scheduled for oath.the file looks ok, nothings pending.which is good news

i showed the officer the ins processing times for dallas(which were aug 03 for last month).to this she said doesnt mean anything.she also said my case is being processed early and i should expect oath sometime this year.she went on about my fingerprint expiration dates etc

she didnt even know the jurisdiction of the courts for the oath ceremony,didnt know the future schedule etc.talk about stonewalling big time.

anyhoo, off i go to the congressmans office

PD 7/03
Int 3/04

Sorry to hear that DFW_BR....Hopefully we will get the oath letters sent out for the July 23 Plano cenvention center ceremony. Please keep us posted if you get any positive response from your congress[man/women]. Best Regards.

Has anyone received oath letter recently in DFW?

If you have recently received your oath letter by mail and live in Collin county...please post your timeline....Thanks.

Received oath letter!

what a pleasant surprise

i received my oath letter for the 23rd of july at the plano center

i had visited the INS on 6/15.also handed a letter to senator cornyns office on 6/17

my oath letter is dated 6/21

I'll post another update after the oath ceremony.

I wish you all well.

DFW_BR said:
what a pleasant surprise

i had visited the INS on 6/15.also handed a letter to senator cornyns office on 6/17

I wish you all well.

Congratulations!

So going to the local BCIS does work...

DFW_BR said:
what a pleasant surprise

I wish you all well.

So going to the local BCIS does work...

Well first of all congratulations to you. I know you have been waiting for a long time. Good luck to you on your oath ceremony.

Me and my wife had our interviews on 24th May which went well. Some of my friends received their oath letters in less than one month from their interviews here in Jacksonville, FL. I am kinda in the same boat like you were before you received your Oath letter :mad: . We have made an appointment for next monday June 28th to go and find out about our applications... Hope we either get the Oath letter before that day or get a good answer from them on Monday.

DFW_BR said:
what a pleasant surprise

I wish you all well.