Dallas DORA still on?

golubika

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Is Dallas pilot program still working? I have tried to schedule an appointment and received the following:
"At this time, there are no appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "

Did anyone have this message before and how long ater were you able to schedule an appointment?

And one more thing:
If the company where my husband works filed for his green card (employment-based) are we eligible for DORA?

On the infopass website it says:
Who qualifies for this program?
All Family-Based applicants….

And later:
Applicants who have already filed for adjustment of status or who are filing as Asylees, Refugees, Employment-Based, and LIFE Act cannot be accepted under this program.””

It’s kind of confusing

Thanks a lot

Keep trying for the appointment as much as you can. Every hour, maybe minute??? Sooner or later you will be able to get an appointment. Although, the interview date maybe 2 - 3 months from now.

Yes, he is eligible to file through DORA. You cannot change an exisiting I-485 to DORA which means that if he had already files family based 485, he cannot change to DORA. Employment based 485 does not count. He will, however, have to disclose it on the form.

Thank you so much! :)

How long should one reside in Dallas before so he can eligible for Dora?
What proof of residence is accepted? Are lease and utility bill enough? If my husband works from home in Dallas for a company that located in NYC, is it OK situation?

Thank you again.

golubika said:
Thank you so much! :)

How long should one reside in Dallas before so he can eligible for Dora?
What proof of residence is accepted? Are lease and utility bill enough? If my husband works from home in Dallas for a company that located in NYC, is it OK situation?

Thank you again.
There is no time limit on how long you have to reside in Dallas. As a matter of fact, you can live outside of Dallas and file through DORA. As long as your DO is Dallas, you can file through DORA. Your husband is eligible to file.

The required document to show proof that you are a Dallasite would be a government issued picture ID with your address on it. Additional documents to prove your relationship, you may need marriage certificate, bank statements, tax documents, lease/mortgate papers, insurance, pay stub and pictures etc.

Good Luck

EricNeesGC,
Thank you for your replies:)

I can see that you filed for DORA in November 2004 and still waiting?
I thought it's a 3 months process? Is it often taks longer than 3 months?

Thanks again

golubika said:
EricNeesGC,
Thank you for your replies:)

I can see that you filed for DORA in November 2004 and still waiting?
I thought it's a 3 months process? Is it often taks longer than 3 months?

Thanks again
Well...for most people its apprved within 3 months. For some it takes 100 days or so. However, there are few people for whom its taking longer. Most of these people are from the terror watch list contries and therefore, there is extensive background checks. If you are not from one of those countries, chances are that your application would be approved within 90 days.

EricNeesGC said:
Well...for most people its apprved within 3 months. For some it takes 100 days or so. However, there are few people for whom its taking longer. Most of these people are from the terror watch list contries and therefore, there is extensive background checks. If you are not from one of those countries, chances are that your application would be approved within 90 days.

If one was finger printed at the airport, will FINS file number help in getting approved quicker?

piyalove said:
If one was finger printed at the airport, will FINS file number help in getting approved quicker?

No. Fingerprinting at airport is for a different purpose and does not interfere or affect your AOS.

piyalove said:
I voluntarily gave my FIN # to the officer and she said that it will help speed up the process. However, I am still waiting for name check clearance after almost 8 months