I am a newbie here, here are little details of my case

PD: 02/28/05
45 day letter response: 08/02/2006
Recruitment instructions recd: 04/05/07
Recruitment instruction responded: ???

Any idea how long does it typically take after getting recruitment instructions

Thanks,

Hi All,

I need your advise for my I-140 and I-485 filing.

In July the priority date becomes current. My lawyer was about to send the I-140 documents for the employer to sign. However, since now PD becomes current , she have to collect other documents required for I-485 and do concurrent filing.FYI, this lawyer is from an immigration firm that company uses.

Now, my questions are:
1) Is there a way for me to file I-485 myself and concurrently with I-140 (If I don't want to involve lawyer. As I said its my company's lawyer and hence if I use her in filing I-485 then I can not get information out of her in case I want to use AC 21 later.)

2) I would really like to go for the Premium processing of I-140 so that I can know the decision earlier. However, my company needs a good reason to pay extra bucks. I couldn't think of anything to convince.

Experts please help!

answer for 1: dont worry let your lawyer file 485. 485 is different from labor or 140, in the sense that they are company(property??, not getting right word) however 485 is "yours" and the lawyers WILL give you information on it. dont worry.

2. there is no good reason to give for premium processing, the best you can do is say you will pay from your pocket the 1000 dollars and see if they are willing to file, there are many who wont agree to this kind of setup. you can atleast try this approach....

Concurrent filing and I-140 premium?

Can one file I-140 premium and I-485 concurrently? Because I-140/485 needs to be filed at a national center(dont remember the name) whereas premium has different address, is this possible? Does anybody know?

Dol Nof

Hi Cal97,

I am in pretty much the same situation as yours and I too got the NOF similar to yours that had no choices.

Question: Can you please tell me in brief the contents of your rebuttal.

Also, did you have any status change after the rebuttal was sent?

Thanks,
longtimer01

Hi walker15,

I got an NOF from DEBC too. Was wondering if you ran into the same situation as I did. I had an EB3 from 2001 and EB2 from 2004. The EB2 was approved and the NOF was issued on the EB3 case.

Since you mentioned multiple labors, I have the following questions:

Q1. Do you have more that one LC at the BEC ?
Q2. If so was anyone of those approved already and an NOF was issued on the other one ?

My attorney has already rebutted the NOF (we did not have a rebuttal option though) They asked us to either:

1. Withdraw the case.
2. Substitute it for another worker.

Not sure what may happen with the rebuttal.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

answer for 1: dont worry let your lawyer file 485. 485 is different from labor or 140, in the sense that they are company(property??, not getting right word) however 485 is "yours" and the lawyers WILL give you information on it. dont worry.

2. there is no good reason to give for premium processing, the best you can do is say you will pay from your pocket the 1000 dollars and see if they are willing to file, there are many who wont agree to this kind of setup. you can atleast try this approach....

attorney/personal info

friends,

Could you please give me some advice on what needs to be done before I handover my immigration related documents(for GC) to an attorney(not company attorney)? Since I am giving my personal information, don't I need to have some kind of acknowledgement from the attorney?

As always thanks for your insight.

Explanation

Hi

My Labor application was filed back in Sep 2004, according to my employer it is still in process and they gave me case number and shows RIR - In Process. Mean while, they offer me Labor substitution and need to file for my 9 th Year H1B extension. I sent the documents for both I140 (Substitution Labor) and H1B.

But they are saying without applying I-140 they cannot file for H1B extension. In this situation, I suspect that my Labor was cleared some time back but they are hiding till now and saying it is substitution.

My Question is, if the labor cleared, can't they file H1B Extension without filing I-140.

I appreciate your thoughts on this issue or puzzle.

Any insight

can anyone put some insight into my case. My spouse is in India for next 2 months and need to attend visa consulate to comeback to US.
Any similar cases? any insight as to when my labor can get certified ? :confused:

My labor just(06/16) moved to "IN PROCESS" from "DATA REVIEW". All my peers got their labor approved in the last 2-3 months & are rocking for 485.

PD : 01/28/2004
Dallas center
RIR Filed : 03/09/2007
The delay is due to lost 45day letter and time spent in following up .

Thoughts on Pre Approved Labor ???

Hi Fellow Friends,

Looks like every one in the world is applying for 140/485.

Recently me and my friends got some e-mails regarding the pre-approved labors. Hope some of you also might have got it.

Is it worth at this point to pursue this pre-approved labor route? What do you think.

Appreciate your honest input and feed back.

N

Go for labor substitution or not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m working for company A and my original Labor (EB2 RIR, PD Sept 2004) still pending at BEC and I’m currently 8th H1 extension. Now Same company is offering me pre-approved labor ( PD July 2003, EB2 RIR)and asking me to file I140.

Here are my questions.
1.What are the pros and cons going for the pre-approved labor?

2.If I go with pre-approved labor i can’t file I140 in premier processing so,
how long it will take for approval of I140 thru regular processing? If I have to wait for 6 months, my original labor will get approved and i can go for I140 PP.

3.What are the pros and cons if I concurrently file I140 and 485 using pre-approved labor?. Shall I first file I140 and after approval file 485?

4.What will happen to my original labor if my I140 or 485 gets DENIED?

5.If I140 gets approved, what are the chances that my 485 gets DENIED using pre-approved labor?

Expert’s pls advice? Go for pre-approved labor or not?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some one shed some light on when one can expect to get the paperwork of the approved labor at the Lawyer's office? I got my copy (front page alone) recently but my lawyer has not seemed to get anything. Certification date on the letter was May 31, 2007.
Thanks

Hi Cal97,

I am in pretty much the same situation as yours and I too got the NOF similar to yours that had no choices.

Question: Can you please tell me in brief the contents of your...

Thanks,
longtimer01

Hi walker15,

I got an NOF from DEBC too. Was wondering if you ran into the same situation as I did. I had an EB3 from 2001 and EB2 from 2004. The EB2 was approved and the NOF was issued on the EB3 case.

Since you mentioned multiple labors, I have the following questions:

Q1. Do you have more that one LC at the BEC ?
Q2. If so was anyone of those approved already and an NOF was issued on the other one ?

My attorney has already rebutted the NOF (we did not have a rebuttal option though) They asked us to either:

1. Withdraw the case.
2. Substitute it for another worker.

Not sure what may happen with the rebuttal.

Thanks!

Hi

My Labor application was filed back in Sep 2004, according to my employer it is still in process and they gave me case number and shows RIR - In Process. Mean while, they offer me Labor substitution and need to file for my 9 th Year H1B extension. I sent the documents for both I140 (Substitution Labor) and H1B.

But they are saying without applying I-140 they cannot file for H1B extension. In this situation, I suspect that my Labor was cleared some time back but they are hiding till now and saying it is substitution.

My Question is, if the labor cleared, can't they file H1B Extension without filing I-140.

I appreciate your thoughts on this issue or puzzle.

I have send PM to you .

My case got denied. We are still waiting for the reason for denial. I did not see the NOF but in gist "why does the alien need another LCA when he already has one approved."

This makes no sense to me as people who filed in PERM and had a case at the BEC still got approved. Can let you know once I get more information.

Since the priority dates are current right now. I am getting my foot in the door first. Shall deal with this denial later.

Hi Cal97,

Question: Can you please tell me in brief the contents of your...

Thanks,
longtimer01

I don't see any approvals coming from Dallas center .... what's happening Dallas ???? :-(

On the other hand, I see approvals coming at Philly was faster....withing 7-11 days after RRI report is filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi familychild,
what is meant by 3541?I am still waiting for my final recruitment notice by DOL:(

what i mean is from the statistic, between June 4 to June 22 (9 days) the "IN PROCESS" was reduced by 3541 (check the excel file)

dallasbeckn9.jpg

Any idea

Hi everyone,

Any idea when does DOL send final recruitment notice to the lawyer(RRI)?My recruitment period was completed in first week of MAY'07.My lawyer hasn't received the RRI yet.Any idea how I can track that?:confused:
Thanks.

PD:August 2004
D-05222-XXXXX
EB3-TR

Any idea when does DOL send final recruitment notice to the lawyer(RRI)?My recruitment period was completed in first week of MAY'07.
Here's my example. My recruitment period ended on Apr. 30th and my employer got the RRI package on May. 15th, so it may take all this time. In some cases it takes less time though. Don't know why?