Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks longgcwisher,
let me know how it goes with you. My lawyer told me the same, "not to worry" and that's preciselly what worries me. I checked today again, same thing. The immigration lawyers I have dealt with so far are completelly clueless and don't care much about the outcome of our GCs.
When did you send the RIR papers to the backlog center?

Confusion with offer from my employer

Hello Guys,

I am seeking a suggestion from you. I am in the cross roads now and thinking in which way I need to go.

I have two options now.

1) My labor was filed in Sep 2004 and it is in process since June'2006. According to my Employer no query was received against it and will be expected any time. It is Sep 2004 EB2/RIR and 45 day letter received and replied in June'2006. Since then status is "In Process".

2) My employer came by another option with LC Substitution of EB3 - OCT 2003 Labor. I know EB3 dates are in June 2003 but who knows it can retrogress again

I am in dilemma and unable to decide at this point looking for suggestion from this forum.

Waiting for any valuable comments/suggestions.

---------------------------
PD: 09/20/2004 EB2, RIR
D-05206-XXXXX, "In Process"

LC Substitution--
PD: EB3 - Oct' 2003

If I were you, I'd sit tight a few more months and don't try anything. You should be certified by september 30th and that's the worst case scenerio. Then you can do the filling of I-140 and 485 simultaneously. In the best case scenario you will be certified within weeks.

Data review - in process changed again today...

Just one more update.

Category: EB3-TR - Converted to RIR - Rest of the world
PD: 12/01/04
45 Days letter received :May 2006
RIR conversion filled (all the RIR ads and stuff previously done) : 04/17/2007
Online status changed to RIR In Process : Somewhere in April
Online Case Details: RIR & Data Review -> Changed back to in Process
on 05/17/2007
Case Number: D-05207-*****

Dallas BEC Processing Guess

Frankly I am tired of waiting for my LC(see Signature), So to amuze myself, I am looking for ANY theories as to the processing queue at Dallas BEC. I cannot see a reason why DBEC is processing 2003 and 2004 cases while 2001 and 2002 cases are still pending.
Any takers on what the processing logic at DBEC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for logic only for amusement!!!

Frankly I am tired of waiting for my LC(see Signature), So to amuze myself, I am looking for ANY theories as to the processing queue at Dallas BEC. I cannot see a reason why DBEC is processing 2003 and 2004 cases while 2001 and 2002 cases are still pending.
Any takers on what the processing logic at DBEC?

Dont know whats going on. But one theory is that DOL is working with USCIS w.r.t to the visa priority dates & quickly approving any case that doesnt have much impact on priority date. i.e most DOL cases being approved cannot file for I-485 now as they are retrogressed. Now that USCIS has said that they dont have enough cases & have moved forward priority dates, DOL might approve cases that might be able to file I-485.

My DOL woes

Hi Folks,

Posted this question in the "BEC NOF Cases" thread but did not get any response. If anyone has experienced this kind of problem and have successfully gotten out of it please let me know.
=====================================================

Here are my case details.

Company A filed for my GC (EB3) in September 2001 which was remanded back to state under Carlson's law.

Company A got bought over by Company B. Company B re-filed in EB2 in June 2004.

The 2004 EB2 case got approved in Oct 2006.

Now DOL issued an NOF on the 2001 case saying "the need for the instant application appears void".

After waiting for almost 6 years I am screwed. My 2004 PD is not current and 2001 one is current but got an NOF.

Would appreciate if anyone who had a similar situation please respond. Would appreciate a response from the attorneys at immigration.com as well.

Thanks!

Hello,
Today my status changed from TR to RIR. It is still in "IN-process". A small step towards the final results.

It might be a coincidence that since past 2 weeks I have been putting pressure on my HR and Lawyer for the follow up with DOL. Initially para-legal said not to worry. But I persisted with my HR to call the DOL showing the various postings on this forum which had later submission dates for the RIR Conversion. Looks like it worked.

RIR In process changed to TD In process today...

RIR In process changed to TD In process today...
Does the Dallas back log center follow any kind of sense on their processing?
Not it seems my case is back to TD...
Anyone has seen something like it?

Category: EB3-TR - Converted to RIR - Rest of the world
PD: 12/01/04
45 Days letter received :May 2006
RIR conversion filled (all the RIR ads and stuff previously done) : 04/17/2007
Online status changed to RIR In Process : Somewhere in April
Online Case Details: RIR & Data Review -> Changed back to in Process
on 05/17/2007 - Chnaged back to TD in Process on 05/21/2007
Case Number: D-05207-*****

How long are greencards taking in the NEW system? I've just found out that last summer (2006) our employer withdrew our LC application and the case has been closed. We knew nothing of this. We have 3 American children and I would like to get a new "greencard" application going, I dont trust the company to do it properly though! UGH

Anyway, how long are they taking nowadays?

How long are greencards taking in the NEW system? I've just found out that last summer (2006) our employer withdrew our LC application and the case has been closed. We knew nothing of this. We have 3 American children and I would like to get a new "greencard" application going, I dont trust the company to do it properly though! UGH

Depends on a lot of factors

I am not sure if you want to apply in the family based category or employment based. If through employment based, PERM is the new LC process, which takes about 90 days (at least it used to a year ago). then its the I-140 which takes upto another 90 days generally. The last stage (I-485 or consular process) depends on a lot of factors, EB2, EB3, country of birth, orientation of the constellations, strength of the coffee in the USCIS office and such. The fact that you have American children does not affect you unless they are old enough(I believe its 18 years) to sponsor you in a family category.

Progress status of DBEC

Does anyone know if DBEC has processed all of the RIR cases? See my case information below. I haven't heard anything from DBEC since I got these information. I called DBEC and my employer sent request email to them, but so far no responses at all.

Anybody has any idea of progress status at DBEC?

Thanks!

ETA 750 in backlog since Nov 2003?

Thank you 'sapota1' for your reply. Do you (or anyone) understand why my company would have applied for a 'greencard' for me and it's called a ETA 750? I spoke to DOL and they said that is NOT a greencard, so now I'm really confused. Oh and side note, we ARE Still in process I was given the wrong information earlier :rolleyes: But they said a greencard is only a 9089. Why would a 750 be taking since Nov 2003 if it's not a greencard in the backlog centre? Sorry for all the questions :cool:

I am not sure if you want to apply in the family based category or employment based. If through employment based, PERM is the new LC process, which takes about 90 days (at least it used to a year ago). then its the I-140 which takes upto another 90 days generally. The last stage (I-485 or consular process) depends on a lot of factors, EB2, EB3, country of birth, orientation of the constellations, strength of the coffee in the USCIS office and such. The fact that you have American children does not affect you unless they are old enough(I believe its 18 years) to sponsor you in a family category.

No they are only little (under 6) so I have a few years till they can sponsor us unfortunately. It's so strange that even though they are american, they cant live there! lol

short answer

Thank you 'sapota1' for your reply. Do you (or anyone) understand why my company would have applied for a 'greencard' for me and it's called a ETA 750? I spoke to DOL and they said that is NOT a greencard, so now I'm really confused. Oh and side note, we ARE Still in process I was given the wrong information earlier :rolleyes: But they said a greencard is only a 9089. Why would a 750 be taking since Nov 2003 if it's not a greencard in the backlog centre? Sorry for all the questions :cool:

You should probably look up how the whole employment based green card process works (from any website like immigration.com). But the short answer is this -

ETA 750 or Labor Certification was the 1st step to employment based GC previously. The new PERM LC form is called 9089. Neither of them in themselves are green cards unless the final step called I-485 is filed after the approval of the 1st step.