Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

SeattleGC said:
Thats great news !!!!!!!!!!
It passed with
YEAs 52
NAYs 47
-- Pretty close....
I think the next step is to get the President Bush to sign this into a law. That shouldn't be a problem since this was a Republican sponsored bill and almost all of the Republican voted for it.

Its as good as signed... Excellent....

NO. "It is not as good as signed". We are only half -way. It has to be reconciled with the house version of the bill which does not include any of these provisions. There is a strong opposition to this in the House. We now have to step up and take the battle with the House of Rep and lobby hard to influence their votes. Join us in our efforts. We are on a different thread under 'Priority Date Retrogression Issues'.

indio0617 said:
NO. "It is not as good as signed". We are only half -way. It has to be reconciled with the house version of the bill which does not include any of these provisions. There is a strong opposition to this in the House. We now have to step up and take the battle with the House of Rep and lobby hard to influence their votes. Join us in our efforts. We are on a different thread under 'Priority Date Retrogression Issues'.

You are right. My bad. I hope the corporation are also doing something to put pressure on the congressmen. Keep up the good work guys and hopefully this bill will become a reality.

DBEC may be doing data-entry

sfmars said:
Not only approvals, It looks like that DBEC completely shutdowned business.
They do not send 7th year screenshots and do not generate 45 day letters for a long long time. What do they do ? I can only guess that they do data entry.

Is there anyone who can say any news about DBEC ?

There was a bulletin from DBEC a month or so ago.
They did state that their priority for the next few months was to enter all cases in the system and, my guess, send 45-day letters.
As I posted at that time, I was expecting a slow down in the approval rate.
This may continue pass Feb (my guess).
GT

GetOneLC said:
There was a bulletin from DBEC a month or so ago.
They did state that their priority for the next few months was to enter all cases in the system and, my guess, send 45-day letters.
As I posted at that time, I was expecting a slow down in the approval rate.
This may continue pass Feb (my guess).
GT

I could understand that but we do not see that people getting 45 day letters the same time. I would be more encouraged to see people getting 45 DL on the regular basis rather than random approvals.

8000 legal immigrants decided to go back to there home countries

Dear Guys,
I heard that they laid off 8000 people in texas from Verizon Wireless and they all decided and planning to go back to there home countries due to the stupid immigration rules and they cannot get there 7th year extension.

This is vey nice to hear because, I personally have 12 friends in this batch and they are all going back by end of this month.

good guys keep it up!!

How is it nice to hear about this??????
--MC
kasid said:
Dear Guys,
I heard that they laid off 8000 people in texas from Verizon Wireless and they all decided and planning to go back to there home countries due to the stupid immigration rules and they cannot get there 7th year extension.

This is vey nice to hear because, I personally have 12 friends in this batch and they are all going back by end of this month.

good guys keep it up!!

A New approval

Below is a new approval posted on Yahoo! Techworker Group.

Hi,
I got my labor approval on Nov 1.
PD Date: Oct 2003 , CA, RIR / EB3
Thanks
Murali

What you are rejoicing about?
Their 7 years of American dream is dimming. I think, you are out of your mind.
Ask them, 98% want to stay and that’s why they waited 7 long years to pursue their dreams. But now they have no other choice and have to go back.

kasid said:
Dear Guys,

good guys keep it up!!

Might be an anti-immigration person

vgans said:
Dear Kasid:

Please read your post again!! I hope that you didn't mean what you wrote and the tone of your message.

I can't believe that you thought some of us would be happy that this is happending. You are feeling like this especially after the fatc that you personally know few of them. You shocked me.

I agree with m_chundi and s_chicago totally.

And, I if really meant what you worte then, I am glad that I don't have you as a friend.

Anyway, I guess you have a right to whatever you want to say as this is a public forum, but, some people's extreme selfishness always surprises me.

VGANS

I think either Kasid expressed himself very poorly (unintenionally) or he is an anti-immigration lobbyist from the outside trying to get the members of this forum all keyed up (maybe he has to fight to keep his own job at verizon).
Whatever the case - its a pretty bizarre statement to make.

kasid said:
Dear Guys,

good guys keep it up!!

WHO TOLD YOU ALL THIS? Verizon Wireless really? I checked all web sites CNN, MSNBC, ABC etc. I didn't find any coverage, if this is true this is a very sad, shocking news. 8000 employees ? This is big number and I am very sure
this will become a headline. I am not part of IT or Any High-tech industry,
but I have many friends in this field. How come Nobody has told me anything like this. Stop spreading rumors will you?

TechWorkder Group Id,

Can anyone give me techworker group id?

Thanks,
C. US.

i-for-a-change said:
Below is a new approval posted on Yahoo! Techworker Group.

Hi,
I got my labor approval on Nov 1.
PD Date: Oct 2003 , CA, RIR / EB3
Thanks
Murali

English learning forum

kasid said:
Dear Guys,

good guys keep it up!!

Dear KASID (KASAI??),
I just wanted to lend you a helping hand by giving you a link to learn English Language, since it seemed from your posting above that you have a hard time in writing what you actually want to. So, here is the link http://englishforum.com
It can be useful in making your relationships better, especially if you have an attorney (not for immigration, but for something like divorce, etc.)

Viva visa: Nod for H-1B visa quota

Linky ... More??? is good .. but does anyone back there understands the retrogression?? Measure to reduce the "deficit"???

# total dBEC regional cases in tracker = 532
Considering the PDs of these cases are equally distributed same as of real world PDs (Which is not a very strong statement, but believe reality is 70-80%)
# of DOL Cases from
7/1/2002 - 12/31/2002 = 114
1/1/2003 - 6/31/2003 = 110
7/1/2003 - 12/31/2003 = 94
1/1/2004 - 6/31/2004 = 65
So, # DOL cases is reducing gradually but not dramatically. And the good news is, the last biggest 6 month's chunk (1/1/2003 - 6/31/2003 = 110) is already over and about 1/2 of the next biggest chunk (7/1/2003 - 12/31/2003 = 94) is also over. :D

Explanation of why not many Approval recently:

These are the ppl in the tracker who should get the next approvals

sri_kaza 22-Sep-03
Ilwaiting 23-Sep-03
UG. 26-Sep-03
checkingIn 30-Sep-03
Funeky_Dude 06-Oct-03
DocPC 09-Oct-03
ravib 21-Oct-03

The # is not much and not all of them are active member.
We hope to hear soon from UG, Funeky_Dude :D :D as both members are very active.

Last edited by a moderator:
CalEngineer, I am on the same boat with you. My PD is 2002 sep RIR EB2, CA. The attorney assistant in my case just recently updated me that DBEC told them that " [my labor] is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst". Anyone know what does it mean?

CalEngineer said:
PD April, 2002, RIR EB2, CA, DBEC. No any news so far :( The worse thing is the lawyer of my company even didn't answer my phone and emails on LC requiring :-(

I am an Active Silent member. :)

s_chicago said:
# total dBEC regional cases in tracker = 532
Considering the PDs of these cases are equally distributed same as of real world PDs (Which is not a very strong statement, but believe reality is 70-80%)
# of DOL Cases from
7/1/2002 - 12/31/2002 = 114
1/1/2003 - 6/31/2003 = 110
7/1/2003 - 12/31/2003 = 94
1/1/2004 - 6/31/2004 = 65
So, # DOL cases is reducing gradually but not dramatically. And the good news is, the last biggest 6 month's chunk (1/1/2003 - 6/31/2003 = 110) is already over and about 1/2 of the next biggest chunk (7/1/2003 - 12/31/2003 = 94) is also over. :D

Explanation of why not many Approval recently:

These are the ppl in the tracker who should get the next approvals

sri_kaza 22-Sep-03
Ilwaiting 23-Sep-03
UG. 26-Sep-03
checkingIn 30-Sep-03
Funeky_Dude 06-Oct-03
DocPC 09-Oct-03
ravib 21-Oct-03

The # is not much and not all of them are active member.
We hope to hear soon from UG, Funeky_Dude :D :D as both members are very active.

FYI, I have edited my message and taken out your name as if I filter the spread sheet with DOL and RIR, I don't see you.

MJee said:
I don't expect mine to be next because, my case source on the Screen shot seems to be STATE. I'm trying my best to change that. If that is not affecting, then I might get the approval soon.