Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Our lawyer informed one my colleagues today that his 45-day letter was received and replied on September 2, 2005.

His PD was August 8, 2002, Indiana SWA, never went regional. Mine (May 2002) and another colleague of mine (July 2002) are still awaiting the light at the end of this tunnel!

Last edited by a moderator:
IAmInOklahoma said:
My case:
PD: 11/4/2001, RIR, EB3
RD: 06/15/2003
45-day letter: 01/15/2005

I have been sending email to the 7 year H1B account for more than 10 times and haven't got any reply yet. I'm not sure what happens. I appreciate it if somebody could give some insightful thought about this.

Hi,

The same thing happend to me, I never got any reply for my emails. But when my lawyer sent a email regarding my H1 extension, they sent status screen immediately.

Thanks
CAPD02

PD: Jun 2002

45 day letter received

Hi,

I received the 45 day letters today, from Dallas BEC.
My info for the tracker:

LC RIR
PD: 07/2004
Send to CA SWA, never made it to Regional.
45 day letter dated 09/15/2005.

There used to be an excel file somewhere with all the tracked info. I can't find it anymore ? Where was it ?

Thanks

droopycom said:
Hi,

I received the 45 day letters today, from Dallas BEC.
My info for the tracker:

LC RIR
PD: 07/2004
Send to CA SWA, never made it to Regional.
45 day letter dated 09/15/2005.

There used to be an excel file somewhere with all the tracked info. I can't find it anymore ? Where was it ?

Thanks
Hi droopycom,
Did u ever receive any screenshot from Dallas was the case number starting with T-
Please update
Thanks

45 Day Letter

No sign of 45 day letter as of yet. SPP :confused:

TX: RIR - EB2
PD: 03/2004
RD: Never Made it
Case #: Have not received it yet

inneedofgc,

No, it's too late to change anything in the LC to make it qualify for EB2. Sorry! Fact is, once the ETA 750 form is filled, the advts are placed accordingly and all the recruitments happen accordingly. Any change in the LC itself will invalidate it.

By the way, if your LC requires BS + 5 or more as the minimum requirement, you could still qualify for EB2.

I happen to be in the same boat as you are. I have 6 years exp but the moron
filed it in EB3 justifying that (this was more than 3 years back) that both EB2 and EB3 are expected to remain current for a long time!

inneedofgc said:
Hi,

My attorney had filed for labor application in EB3 even when I had 5+ years experience before I joined the current company. My labor is filed in 2003 and is currently in Dallas BEC. Can my attorney send a correction for my labor application to re-submit in EB2 category since I was eligible for it before I joined company. Unfortunately I came to know about the category it was filed in last month. Is it too late or can my lawyer convert my case as it is not yet approved. Also can any conversion occur in 140 stage if not in labor stage from EB3 to EB2 retaining old PD.

Thanks,
inneedofgc

45-days letter for remanded case

Two of my colleagues got 45-days letters last week. Their priority dates are may 2001 and june 2001 and remanded to SWA in 2003. This is totally contradicting what my attorney and employer have said on 45-days letters.

Hope I get mine shortly too.

Question for pjzjxr

You mentioned your colleague from Indiana got 45 letter and his PD was 2002, July. Can you please confirm this? My PD is 2001, December from Indiana. Never made to regional.

Lawyer recieved my hard copy from Dallas!

I am a silent reader to this forum read since a while. Finally my lawyer recieved hard copy today. Here is my details:

PD: 1/16/2003
RD:12/15/2003
CA/EB2/RIR
45 days letter received: 2/2/05
and replied: 2/16/05
Approved on 8/8/05
Hard copy recieved: 09/19/2005

They took more than a month to send the hard copy.

And, there were couple approvals from Dallas earlier in my company.

with PDs 10/10/2001, 11/2002. These guys got in July. I will keep update

the forum with approvals from my company.

thanks once again for all your updates and suggestions. Special thanks to the gurus and gp11.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
GotGC?? said:
inneedofgc,

No, it's too late to change anything in the LC to make it qualify for EB2. Sorry! Fact is, once the ETA 750 form is filled, the advts are placed accordingly and all the recruitments happen accordingly. Any change in the LC itself will invalidate it.

By the way, if your LC requires BS + 5 or more as the minimum requirement, you could still qualify for EB2.

I happen to be in the same boat as you are. I have 6 years exp but the moron
filed it in EB3 justifying that (this was more than 3 years back) that both EB2 and EB3 are expected to remain current for a long time!

I have the same story! I curse myself in letting in on employers assessment. Well, at that time picture was different too!
I think worse time is coming up. Just like Gulf countries, USA will eventually stop employer based immigration..... This is inevitable....question is when!!!
God help us all!

Green cards are not IT people

GCCovet said:
I have the same story! I curse myself in letting in on employers assessment. Well, at that time picture was different too!
I think worse time is coming up. Just like Gulf countries, USA will eventually stop employer based immigration..... This is inevitable....question is when!!!
God help us all!

They will not stop completely employment based immigration.

They will continue to approve EB green cards for physicians, nurses, Olympic champions and outstanding professors.

The fact is that in the current conditions it is impossible to get EB green card if you have IT qualified position. All smart lawyers specifically filed EB3 for IT positions (even for qualified people for EB2) because it is hard to prove that IT position requires advanced degree.

As I know INS considers all IT positions as EB3 category and in early 1999/2000 when retrogression was active a lot of IT people who passed LC level and hoped to file I140 based on EB2 were enforced by INS to be filed in EB3 category. In the current situation when retrogression came back again I think that something similar will happen. It is depressing but I think that even fast re-filing EB2+Perm will not help much now.

General conclusion is that USA wants to stop Employment based immigration for software and IT people.

country of birth

misunderstood said:
Dates are based on country of birth, not country of citizenship.

Thanks for the info.

I have a related question. I'm from Mainland China. My husband is from Malaysia. His company is getting ready to file PERM for him. My application is stuck in the BEC with Nov 2004 PD. It looks like he can file 140 and 485 before my labor is even approved, if Malaysia is not so affected by the retrogression. :eek: So, my question is, should I become his dependent? Will Mainland China's retrogression still apply since the primary applicant is from Malaysia? :confused:

Thanks!!

ia112904 said:
Thanks for the info.

I have a related question. I'm from Mainland China. My husband is from Malaysia. His company is getting ready to file PERM for him. My application is stuck in the BEC with Nov 2004 PD. It looks like he can file 140 and 485 before my labor is even approved, if Malaysia is not so affected by the retrogression. :eek: So, my question is, should I become his dependent? Will Mainland China's retrogression still apply since the primary applicant is from Malaysia? :confused:

Thanks!!

If your husband from Malaysia get his PERM approval before you get your LC you can get on his application as dependent and take away one vis number from the Malaysian quota. In this case you would not be affected by retrogression since the application would be for a malaysian citizen with his dependent.

Not a lawyer, so take my advice carefully.

My lawyer has replied by FAX for the 45 day letter twice (once very recently) at the following no,

214-237-9115 (Dallas)

Is it a correct FAX number? In BEC FAQ the fax number listed is different. Please do confirm.

Thanks

Action now

Follow these steps.

1) go to the www.AILA.org website

2) go to Legislation and Advocacy

3) click on Contact Congress

4) under Action Alert! header

a) click Support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of
2005, S. 1033/H.R. 2330(Congress)

NOTE: This is the Kennedy-McCain bill.

b) click Support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of
2005, S. 1033/H.R. 2330(President)

5) add your brief personal experiences to the first part of the generic e-mail

6) provide your personal information and send

Click on this URL to take action now
http://capwiz.com/aila2/utr/2/?a=7614761&i=71987335

If your email program does not recognize the URL as a link, copy the entire URL and paste it into your Web browser.

-------------------------------------