Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks!

skapa said:
here are list of docs. Talk to your laswer and complete your medical exam first. If possible get all the photo copies, color photos during this week end. Rert of paper work will be done by your lawer

For I-485
--------
1. Form G-28. If filing through a lawyer.
2. I-485, Application to Adjust Status, with copy of
I-94 and 2 photographs
3. I-131, Application for Travel Document, with copy
of passport identity pages and 2
photographs(Immigration photo).
4. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,
with copy of passport identity pages and 2 photographs

5. I-765 Card. This is your signature card. This is
used to prepare you Employment Authorization Card.
6. G-325A, Biographic Information.
7. I-693, Medical Examination, with copy of
vaccination.
8. Evidence of valid nonimmigrant status, with copy of
both sides of I-94, copy of entire passport, and
written summary of beneficiary and spouse nonimmigrant
history.
9. Tax returns & W2 for last 3 years
10. 3 latest pay stubs
12. Birth Certificate.
13. Marriage Certificate.
14. Employment Letter.

I-140
------
1. Employment letter
2. Employment Reference Letters (if experience
required)
3. Degree Cert / Mark Sheets / Transcript
4. Education Evaluation (if required)
5. Copy of I-94
6. 3 latest Pay Stubs

Anyone with a PD of April 2003?

Anyone with a PD of April 2003 sent a screenshot recently?
Just seeing how far the "final review" stage dates have reached.

Not get LC approved yet for Nov, 2001 PD

My case:
PD: 11/4/2001, RIR, EB3
RD: 06/15/2003
45-day letter: 01/15/2005

I have been sending email to the 7 year H1B account for more than 10 times and haven't got any reply yet. I'm not sure what happens. I appreciate it if somebody could give some insightful thought about this.

gocard said:
I wonder how PD with 2003 have received LC approved while PD 2002 still waiting for update after replied 45 d letter? Does someone know what strategies DBC adopting in regards of approval of LC?

when will my case will be apporoved

Hi
Can Some One Please Help Me
My Layer Says My Case Will Be Approved Soon, But Hearing From Any One.

Cased My File on FEB 15 2003

I THINK MY FILES ARE IN DALLAS BACKLOG CENTER

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN OR ABOUT IN ABOUT WHAT TIME I

WILL THE APPROVAL NOTICE.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE PLEASE ME WHAT DODES IT SAY IN 45 DAY LETTER

Thank You...Please Help

Visa Dates

Does anyone know if visa dates are based on country of citizenship or country of birth? Also, are Hong Kong and Macau not affected by the retrogression in visa dates that are applicable to China (Mainland Born)? Thanks in advance!

LaborCA said:
Does anyone know if visa dates are based on country of citizenship or country of birth? Also, are Hong Kong and Macau not affected by the retrogression in visa dates that are applicable to China (Mainland Born)? Thanks in advance!

Dates are based on country of birth, not country of citizenship.

EB3 to EB2 conversion question- Please advise

Hi,

My attorney had filed for labor application in EB3 even when I had 5+ years experience before I joined the current company. My labor is filed in 2003 and is currently in Dallas BEC. Can my attorney send a correction for my labor application to re-submit in EB2 category since I was eligible for it before I joined company. Unfortunately I came to know about the category it was filed in last month. Is it too late or can my lawyer convert my case as it is not yet approved. Also can any conversion occur in 140 stage if not in labor stage from EB3 to EB2 retaining old PD.

Thanks,
inneedofgc

rest_2004_free said:
As long as your 140 is approved you can use that PD, whether that employer revokes it or not. Only thing is INS should not revoke it for fradulent case...read what Rajiv is saying. I think it is very clear.

Also you can change your EB category also.

CHANGING EMPLOYER AFTER I-140 APPROVAL If a person has received an I-140 approval through an employer, the priority date then permanently belongs to him or her. Under very limited circumstances (such as fraud) INS may revoke the I-140 thus causing a loss of priority date. If such a person changes employers, their priority date will remain the old one, even though they have to process their labor certification and I-140 again with the new employer. It does not matter where in USA the new job is located, what the new job title is or whether the new job falls under EB-2 or EB-3. The priority date is still transferable.
rest_2004_free & indio0617,
Thank you very much for your clarification. Rajiv’s communication doesn’t list the employ-revoking scenario, but when I read it, my understanding was I can carry earlier PD.
Maybe I was a little paranoid about this issue.

Anyway, thank you again and I’m glad that I can transfer my PD for whatever happens to me now.

calabor said:
Sec. 204.5(e)
Retention of section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) priority date. -- A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another alien.

Sec 204(e) [8 U.S.C. 1154]
Nothing in this section shall be construed to entitle an immigrant, in behalf of whom a petition under this section is approved, to be admitted the United States as an immigrant under subsection (a), (b), or (c) of section 203 or as an immediate relative under section 201(b) if upon his arrival at a port of entry in the United States he is found not to be entitled to such classification.

Sec. 205. [8 U.S.C. 1155]
The Secretary of Homeland Security 1/ may, at any time, for what he deems to be good and sufficient cause, revoke the approval of any petition approved by him under section 204. Such revocation shall be effective as of the date of approval of any such petition.
calabor,
Thank you for posting the rule here. I have copied it to my "GC digest".

45 Day Letter

I still havent recieved my 45 day letter. My case was sent to Dallas back in August 2003. Should I be worried?

Every one is worried just not YOU alone

saz_1 said:
I still havent recieved my 45 day letter. My case was sent to Dallas back in August 2003. Should I be worried?

Yes. You should worry much. Just sit in a corner and cry as much as you can. :( Also make sure you kick your legs in the air while crying. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why worry?

saz_1 said:
Too much of worrying can cause hypertension and high blood pressure. And DOL does not care if a potential immigrant is worried or not.

Instead of worrying please read through earlier postings in this forum to understand why you have not got your 45 day letter yet and also what is in store for you even after getting that wonderful letter.

Refugee said:
Yes. You should worry much. Just sit in a corner and cry as much as you can. :( Also make sure you kick your legs in the air while crying. :D

Thanks for your graciousness. I'm sure your kind attitude towards others will serve you well. Just remember, what goes around comes around.

Hi Saz,
Don't mind these replies. People are little nervous after the current updates for EB2/EB3 retrogression and forget we are here to help each other.
I'm fairly new to the forum but what I know is that the BECs have around 400k cases. Out of these, around 100k have not been entered in the system and have not been sent 45-day letters to. The BECs will work in the next "few" months to enter these cases and send the 45-day letters. So, your may be one of these.
Another possibility is that the case was entered, the letter sent, but never received by your atty. To verify this you should get status from Dallas-BEC. If the status says "closed" that means the BEC did not get a reply to your 45-day. If it says "RIR" or "TR" that means the case is in the system and waiting. One note here is that the BECs got many requests for status update lately and may not reply to you.
Sorry can't help more but this is what I know. One thing is for sure that you should not leave this hanging and should ask your atty to get this resolved.
Regards,
GT

saz_1 said:
Thanks for your graciousness. I'm sure your kind attitude towards others will serve you well. Just remember, what goes around comes around.

GetOneLC said:
Hi Saz,
Don't mind these replies. People are little nervous after the current updates for EB2/EB3 retrogression and forget we are here to help each other.
I'm fairly new to the forum but what I know is that the BECs have around 400k cases. Out of these, around 100k have not been entered in the system and have not been sent 45-day letters to. The BECs will work in the next "few" months to enter these cases and send the 45-day letters. So, your may be one of these.
Another possibility is that the case was entered, the letter sent, but never received by your atty. To verify this you should get status from Dallas-BEC. If the status says "closed" that means the BEC did not get a reply to your 45-day. If it says "RIR" or "TR" that means the case is in the system and waiting. One note here is that the BECs got many requests for status update lately and may not reply to you.
Sorry can't help more but this is what I know. One thing is for sure that you should not leave this hanging and should ask your atty to get this resolved.
Regards,
GT

Thanks for the info. One thing that has complicated my application is that my lawyer is in New Orleans, and since Katrina, I have not heard from them, and therefore there is no-one to ask about what to do. One question I have is how do I check on my status from the Dallas-BEC? I tried checking the DOL website, but I cannot find any links.

No copies exist

egg0504 said:
I don't think you have anything to lose. If the real ETA750 doesn't come in time, file I-485 with your empoyer's and your own hard copy and try to attach the original later. If they don't check the whole file before the original is added, you might be OK. If they check when they receive, they might send you an RFE or reject the whole application - that you'll have to refile once your PD will become current. But if you don't do anything, you'll face years of inability to file I-485.
I'm not a lawyer, so ask one before you do anything.

Unfortunately, threre are no copies of ETA-750 attached to the employer's and alien's letters :(
Only title page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add my Information to the Tracker.

Hi,

Please add my info to the tracker.

Waiting for 45 day letter.

Thank You.

User Name: padma5a9ar
STATE SWA: Ohio
EB2
RIR
PD - Feb. 15, 2005
RD - Never made to Regional
New BEC Case no. - Don't know Yet.
45-day letter - Not received yet.
:(

Valid question on 45 d letter.

I think asking a question about 45 d letter is valid in this forum, it is being monitored for the same purpose. Not to read your useless and degrading comments.

What he wanted to know was, are there others like him? His question is valid because in order to get H1 extensions he needs a labor appln that is pending.

Refugee said:

saz_1 said:

:mad: Refugee,
Why do you have to write something which is of no use to anyone? Be sensible and post anything that can give useful info to people in need. :mad: