Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

rest_2004_free said:
YOu can claim that 140, provided you work for the same employer doing the same work. What is the garuntee that company is going to exist in the future, have the same job req for you? That is a question only you and the company can answer.

Is there portability (AC21) for 140 approved people but could not apply 485.

At least there should a rule that if you have approved I-140 from company A and you worked with company A for let say 50 months, then I-140 should be portable.... but questions is who care us.... Congress makes all the immigration rule for employer not the employee like us......

Labor Certified!!!

Folks,

Just want to share the good news. My attorney received the LC Hard copy this morning. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for their contribution. Goodluck to you all.

Can anyone give me link for I-140 forum thread.

Thanks,
Siva

PD: Feb 27th, 2003
RD: Jan 2004
CA/RIR/EB3
45 day letter replied in Jan 2005
LC Approval Hard Copy received: 09/15/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
PD - Jan 27th, 2003 - Screen shot certified - no hardcopy yet..

Message heading says it all..still waiting for the hard copy..(though its of no use anymore).

GCNoEasy said:
Folks,

Just want to share the good news. My attorney received the LC Hard copy this morning. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for their contribution. Goodluck to you all.

Thanks,
Siva

CA/RIR/EB3

Received hard copy

Hello all,
My lawyer received the hard copy today. DBEC also sent a courtesy copy of LC approval to my home address. My lawyer was asked around the end of July to resubmit the labor application with updated contact information but we did not understand why they needed the info then.

I am hoping to file I-140/485 before the end of the month to beat EB2 retrogression. Good luck to all in the queue!

kn12_2000

Certified Date on LC please .....!!!

Congrats GCNoEasy,

would you tell me what is the Certified date on your LC.

My Screen Shot showed certified as of 08/18/2005..... but still no Hard copy...

Desparate to receive my hardcopy before September 30th...

Maveric,
RIR/EB2/TX

GCNoEasy said:
Folks,

Thanks,
Siva

CA/RIR/EB3

Update on backlog centers

If you have not already seen, here is the update from immigration.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update from DOL Backlog Center - 09/13/2005

Backlog centers informed that total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was about 345,000. There are at least 100,000 pending cases on which only partial data entry has been done. During the next few months, the Centers will be working to complete full data entry on these cases and issue the 45 day letters to employer (The letter will ask the employer if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application).

The Centers have been working RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was completed previously and no further recruitment was required. While they are not yet ready to process cases that will require recruitment, in the coming months, they will be preparing to work these cases and preparing to deal with all related issues such as prevailing wage and job orders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

maybe a bad for near future

If I may put a spin ot this, it sounds like the centers will be working primarily on data entry in the next few months. That may mean that we are not going to see the queue progressing with the same speed it has been progressing in the last few weeks. It could be that BEC felt pressure to show some progress and calm down everyone thinking of switching over to PERM. So they kicked out cases as "new" as March'03.
Let's continue reporting LC dates and see if they progress with similar speed.
just my 2 c and my first post on this helpfull forum

GetOneLC
CA RIR/EB2
EDD PD 10-30-2003
45-day letter received from Dallas BEC on June 8, 2005
snapshot on 9/13/05 status: RIR

waiting forLC said:
If you have not already seen, here is the update from immigration.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update from DOL Backlog Center - 09/13/2005

Backlog centers informed that total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was about 345,000. There are at least 100,000 pending cases on which only partial data entry has been done. During the next few months, the Centers will be working to complete full data entry on these cases and issue the 45 day letters to employer (The letter will ask the employer if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application).

The Centers have been working RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was completed previously and no further recruitment was required. While they are not yet ready to process cases that will require recruitment, in the coming months, they will be preparing to work these cases and preparing to deal with all related issues such as prevailing wage and job orders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is still hope for PD of 03/2003 and earlier

I have been a observer of this informative forum for quite some time.

It has been a roller-coster like week for me. Monday, the "hoax" from Manila, then Tuesday the official nightmare. Wednesday, my lawyer called me saying my LC hard copy was recived ( PD 03/03/2003, CA, EB-2) from Dallas BEC.

So there is still hope for guys with PD of 03/2003 and earlier, it may arrive anytime. I have been scrambling to prepare for the documents and have Medical Exam. Hopefully, I can beat the dealine, still not sure about that, if not, that will be my destiny.

One suggestion, get everything ready, including Medical Exam since it may a week or even longer. Then pray and wait for the hard copy to arrive before 9/29.

Thank you guys, especially Icarus and gp111, with best wishes.

genentech said:
I have been a observer of this informative forum for quite some time.

It has been a roller-coster like week for me. Monday, the "hoax" from Manila, then Tuesday the official nightmare. Wednesday, my lawyer called me saying my LC hard copy was recived ( PD 03/03/2003, CA, EB-2) from Dallas BEC.

So there is still hope for guys with PD of 03/2003 and earlier, it may arrive anytime. I have been scrambling to prepare for the documents and have Medical Exam. Hopefully, I can beat the dealine, still not sure about that, if not, that will be my destiny.

One suggestion, get everything ready, including Medical Exam since it may a week or even longer. Then pray and wait for the hard copy to arrive before 9/29.

Thank you guys, especially Icarus and gp111, with best wishes.

If you cannot get Medical done you can apply without that. Later you will get an RFE and you can submit medical at that time.

Anyone with a PD of April 2003?

My PD is April 25, 2003
Status is RIR as of 8/7/05

Anyone on April 2003 request a screenshot recently?

How often does the VISA numbers for retrogression get updated - once a month?

Does it depend on birth country or citizenship? IE: If you were born in India, and are a Canadian or British Citizen, are you still subject to these Visa numbers still?

H-1 B ammendment with change in job location

Folks:

I am regular reader of this forum and I have gained a lot of help from the wealth of information provided here.

I am looking to you all for some insights on H-1B ammendments. I know this forum tracks the BEC progress, but any ideas would really mean a lot to me.

My H-1B expired on Aug 22, 2005 and my employer sponsored the extension and we got it extended until the Aug 22, 2008. This completes my 6 yrs of H-1B. Now I am moving to a different job location with my current employer which requires me to ammend my H-1B. I have a foreign travel coming up on Oct 29, and I will start the job in the new location on Oct 16.

My question to you all is that can I ammend my H-1B after I come back from my foreign trip (Nov 20)? I have to get my passport stamped at the US Consulate abroad for reentry. Will they stamp my passport although my job location has changed and my physical address would be different from what is stated on the I-797?

Any ideas on how soon one should file for an ammendment to an H-1B after moving to a new location and is foreign travel ok during that period, esp if passport stamp has expired?

It is tough to make this any less complicated while writing. Look fwd to some ideas to get around this situation. Thank you.

PD 2/7/03. No Hard Copy Yet.

I see people with PD of late Feb and early Mar 03 got their hard copies. Here are a few of us with PD late Jan and early Feb 03 waiting desparately. I look into the bottom of my mailbox each and everyday, hoping to see the big envenlop. Just not there, frustraing... :confused:

Maveric said:
Congrats GCNoEasy,

would you tell me what is the Certified date on your LC.

My Screen Shot showed certified as of 08/18/2005..... but still no Hard copy...

Desparate to receive my hardcopy before September 30th...

Maveric,
RIR/EB2/TX

peterpundit said:
My PD is April 25, 2003
Status is RIR as of 8/7/05

Anyone on April 2003 request a screenshot recently?

Early April have "Final Review"

How often does the VISA numbers for retrogression get updated - once a month?

That is right

Does it depend on birth country or citizenship? IE: If you were born in India, and are a Canadian or British Citizen, are you still subject to these Visa numbers still?

Unfortunately yes, you can have citizenships of several countries simultaneously, they will treat your retrogration PD based on your country of your birth

gptmgc said:
Can someone shed some light on the SWA cases. I filed my RIR labor with Oregon on July 26th 2003. The BEC RIR Q is working on FEB 2003 cases as per ICARUS. Does this mean that mine will be processed when the Q comes to July 2003.

Are the SWA RIR cases treated same as other state approved RIR cases? If so when can I possibly expect 45 day letter for my case. If I do not get the 45 day letter and the Queue moves beyond July 2003 will I be considered later. I am totally confused. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,
I am in same situvation. My PD is June 2003, RIR EB3.Reced a letter from Oregon Labor dept about the tranfer of my case to Dallas.So far no news from Dallas.No 45 days Letter.I wonder whether they treat Oregon as a low priority? .I am confused too .My attorney office tols by end of month every should'v ereceived the 45 days letter. Just 15 days !!

GMPM

Can I use my OLD Priority Date?

Hello Gurus,
I worked with Company A in California and Finished my labor(PD: March 2000) and I-140 as well, but unfortunately could not able to continue with the company. At present I am working with Company B and applied my GC from the beginning including Labor Cert (May 2003 - EB2), but waiting waiting...

Since Eb2 dates are retrogressed so much, I want to use my OLD priority date. But when I contacted the old company they said that they cancelled my I140 and used my labor for some other employee.

Can you please help me here? Is there any way will I get my OLD priority date back?.

Thanks in advance,

tammy2 said:
If you cannot get Medical done you can apply without that. Later you will get an RFE and you can submit medical at that time.

Infact it is recommended that people who can apply for 485 do so without their medicals. The medicals are valid for only one year anyway. So unless your PD is in the last century, you will most likely have to do another medical when your 485 comes up for consideration.

PD feb 2003 got approved

My friend's LC got approved 45 days back , got info from lawyer today

Details
PD: feb 2003
RD:feb 2004
DBEC
EB2 RIR from applied from California
MS + 3 years exp

Last edited by a moderator: