Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

promotion ?- same job duties

Please throw your suggestions if any....here is my situation....

Filed LC PD May 2004. Received 45 day letter a year ago. Still waiting for the LC approval.

I was offered promotion so many times and I turned down the offer just because of this stupid GC. Now I am really frustrated and confused, if it is worth loosing 2 years of priority date at this time.

I am currently an IT SPEC XXX where XXX stands for the level of the job. I am being offered the next higher level meaning..IT SPEC XXXX. The job duties are almost same except that I will be a senior(as such I am already doing the senior level work in this position :( )and more pay.

Can any body suggest if I can continue the same LC for this position. Very confused with the regulation too. I was considering the example where the DOL says that one can't use the experience gained at the same employer when 50% of the job duties are same while filing an LC with the same employer. If this is true, then aren't they treating a job as identical when 50% of job dutes are same??

Very confused...please help with your suggestions.

THX.

LaborNoWhere said:
My Nights are becomin sleepless. My Days are becoming restless. So I asked God.... Is this love? GOD said "idiot ur labor is in backlog"
You know, me and you are in the same boat... except I am gonna file for my first H1b renewal (first 3 yrs will be over) this December...

Good to see you smiling... definitely gives me inspiration and hope...

self_file said:
Please throw your suggestions if any....here is my situation....

Filed LC PD May 2004. Received 45 day letter a year ago. Still waiting for the LC approval.

I was offered promotion so many times and I turned down the offer just because of this stupid GC. Now I am really frustrated and confused, if it is worth loosing 2 years of priority date at this time.

I am currently an IT SPEC XXX where XXX stands for the level of the job. I am being offered the next higher level meaning..IT SPEC XXXX. The job duties are almost same except that I will be a senior(as such I am already doing the senior level work in this position :( )and more pay.

Can any body suggest if I can continue the same LC for this position. Very confused with the regulation too. I was considering the example where the DOL says that one can't use the experience gained at the same employer when 50% of the job duties are same while filing an LC with the same employer. If this is true, then aren't they treating a job as identical when 50% of job dutes are same??

Very confused...please help with your suggestions.

THX.

This is natural progression in the job, will not be a problem, take the money man!! Goodluck.

It is not like you filed labor when you were serving tea to the employees, and now the employer wants you to write some java programs or even worse, asks you to supervise a bunch of s/w developers ):

so go ahead, take the promotion, money and spend!!

45 Days Letter

Hello Folks,

Does anyone have any Idea when I get My 45 Days ? See my Signature.

When I spoke with GOD regarding my GC he replied I will get GC after His Approvel and He Applied year BC-140 Now I am :confused: wheather to go back to my home country or not. :) any Idea Please guys.

Hello

HuhGC said:
Thanks SFMARS, Jewelhaque and chocolate for your responses. So it looks like we may have to wait for more time, since there are somany cases from other states in DBEC pending prior to us. :(

HuhGC

Same situation

EB3/RIR/IL/PD-May2004/45LMay2005/RepliedMay2005
Waiting for approval with case Number D-05109-XXXXX

Good Luck ! Let's wait and see !!

--bkr

csrini1 said:
This is natural progression in the job, will not be a problem, take the money man!! Goodluck.

It is not like you filed labor when you were serving tea to the employees, and now the employer wants you to write some java programs or even worse, asks you to supervise a bunch of s/w developers ):

so go ahead, take the promotion, money and spend!!

Well, my case is somewhat similar. Except that I was hired as a Senior SW Eng, and now that our manager has moved on, I have been offered the Dev Manager position. Would this transition affect the GC process? The work tasks remain the same, with the managerial responsibilities as an add-on.

We also in same boat

DDL,

I am also from MI/RIR/EB3 with PD as 11/2003 , 45 day letter replied and waiting for approval since 2 months. My colleague is also in same stage.
I knew that some cases after my date also approved. So wait patiently
and it seems that DBEC is not following sequence...

Let's hope for the best.

ddl said:
Hello,

I have been following the forum for a while and just wanted to get your advice on my case. My PD is 11/2003, MI, with the 45 day already replied to. MY case no is D-05192-XXXXX. I have waited for almost 7 months now without any updates from the lawyer. I am already seeing case numbers later than mine getting approved. What should I do in my case at this stage? Should I request for a screen shot of my case? If yes, please let me know where I can find the corresponding email address and format.

Thank you.

ddl

PD 11/2003
45 day: 11/2005
state: MI

NEverGreen said:
Well, my case is somewhat similar. Except that I was hired as a Senior SW Eng, and now that our manager has moved on, I have been offered the Dev Manager position. Would this transition affect the GC process? The work tasks remain the same, with the managerial responsibilities as an add-on.
May affect. The labor app. for ETA750 has an entry if the job would require supervising people.

This is a price we pay for being in these chains.

Agree with Bigbang2001

bigbang2001 said:
May affect. The labor app. for ETA750 has an entry if the job would require supervising people.

This is a price we pay for being in these chains.

I was approached couple of times last year for promotion (one with change of location and another without). Though the job description remainded the same, my new title would have had "Manager" on it instead of an "Analyst". When I talked with Immigration Attorneys, I ran into the same issue as the new job would include supervising people in addition to the work that I am currently doing. Check with your Attorneys and try to find out if they have different opinions.

Whatz Going on with my LC !!??

Hello All,

I have been reading this forum for several months and very informative. My LC case is with Dallas BEC and when my lawyer requested a status update we received a screen shot ETA Case Number D-05132-xxxxx. The received date on that screen shot is 07/31/2001 and the priority date is 04/30/2001 which is confusing. Because the labor petition receipt says that my priority date is July 31 2001. The case status on that screen shot says Data Review. Also initially my case was filed as Non-RIR and later my lawyer requested to process my case as RIR after doing the recruitment efforts and formal amendments to the earlier petition. I have not received the 45 days letter so far, but I am observing lots of 2002 cases are getting approved. Can someone with similar experience throw some light as what to expect from Dallas BEC. Would appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Viswa

date range

Are there any good guesstimates on how long it takes after getting and responding to a 45DL for the final approval to come in?.. Worst case 1.5 years??.. inputs appreciated..

Approval pace

peace4u said:
Are there any good guesstimates on how long it takes after getting and responding to a 45DL for the final approval to come in?.. Worst case 1.5 years??.. inputs appreciated..

Although we arent seeing lots of approvals like in month of feb 2006 chances are there your case will be approved in a month or 2 as people who got 45 day letter in 2006 saw immediate approvals.best of luck.
PD-May 2004
RD 45 day letter Oct 2005
Case number D-05111-xxxxx
approval -???????

Chocolate said:
Although we arent seeing lots of approvals like in month of feb 2006 chances are there your case will be approved in a month or 2 as people who got 45 day letter in 2006 saw immediate approvals.best of luck.
PD-May 2004
Case number D-05111-xxxxx
approval -???????
I agree. Everyone in my company who got a 45 day letter this year got approval within 20 days of response of the letter.

pace of approvals

enqueued said:
I agree. Everyone in my company who got a 45 day letter this year got approval within 20 days of response of the letter.
Sure you will get it too expect it in a month or max 1 1/2 months.best of luck.sadly they didnt do the same in my case.
PD May 2004
Case -D-05111-xxxxx
Approval-????

Dont lose hope

Chocolate said:
Sure you will get it too expect it in a month or max 1 1/2 months.best of luck.sadly they didnt do the same in my case.
PD May 2004
Case -D-05111-xxxxx
Approval-????
Thanks Chocolate and enqueued for your responses. Lets hope DBEC approves my case quickly. I would sincerely advise you to keep the faith if you havent recd your 45DL as yet.. I am sure you will get it soon. Good luck.

I disagree to a certain extent

peace4u said:
Thanks Chocolate and enqueued for your responses. Lets hope DBEC approves my case quickly. I would sincerely advise you to keep the faith if you havent recd your 45DL as yet.. I am sure you will get it soon. Good luck.

well maybe chocolate and enqueued r right, but maybe also they may be wrong. they were right that till the 1 st half of april, DBEC was approving very quickly the LC upon receiving back the 45 days letter. but if u follow this forum carefully, nobody here got his LC starting from the second half of april.

this means either one of 2 things:

1- the DBEC has changed its strategy of certifying quickly the LC after receiving the 45 days letter and they moved their certifying staff temporarily to help in sending out all 45 days letters ( they promissed to send all 45 days letters by end of june). if this is the case, it means there is no soon approval.

2- the DBEC is still certifying quickly the LC but for the last few weeks the mailing department in DBEC was just focused on sending the 45 days letters. so maybe soon they will send again the certified LC.

I think this explanation makes more sense and we r in front of of 2 scenarios. any comment?

info

peace4u said:

The thing is i did get my 45 day letter and replied 6 months back to I am most worried about right now is my HR telling me it will take an year for me get my approval while who applied in April 2004 have got their approval in my company .and that too in Feb 2006 while mine is just a month away i feel its really unfair to wait for 1 year .I fear the most is the rest of world category retrogression for next stages.
Any inputs Sfmars.
Will it really take an year for my approval?

aa gaya aa gaya aa gaya aa gaya aa gaya aa gaya

Finally I got approval letter from DBEC.

thanks for support. I'll here in this board till I'll file 140.

AUG03/RIR/CA/EB3.

VISLI_COM said:
Finally I got approval letter from DBEC.

thanks for support. I'll here in this board till I'll file 140.

AUG03/RIR/CA/EB3.

congrats,
can u give more info about ur application?

was it state or regional? when did u get and replied back to the 45 days letter? pls give us as much as u can info.what was the date of the letter that u just got?