Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking - SWA Cases

shjo68 said:
First, Thank You.
I will on monday, i don't have it with me now.

congrats on the 45 DL. should i expect to see my WA EB2 RIR 45 day letter hopefully towards the end of sept?! my pd is 2/2004.

Got 45-Day Letter!!!!

my lawyer emailed today.

EB3
PD: 5/2001
TX SWA
Converted to RIR on 1/2004
transfered to Dallas BPC: 1/2005
45-day letter: 8/30/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats , My priority date was 5/2001 too and it is also struck in Dallas.
I hope I will get 45 day letter too .
This is a good news for people struck like us in about 3 years
Thanks

Good News

my_gc007 said:
I got my case# and I guess its in the system now and I can expect the 45-day letter. Any guesses ???

ETA Case Number: D-05208-51XXX
Priority Date: 04/30/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Processing Center: Dallas BEC
Case Status: Data Review
Case Received Date: 04/30/2004

#6793 30th August 2005, 02:18 PM
byakodv
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2005

45-day letter received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i filed RIR in CA on Dec 14 2004. Transferred to Dallas BC on Aug 26, 2005.
does anybody know how are the processing times??

byakodv

45 day letter

Hi Guys,
I want to find out if anybody is in same situation as me.
My PD is March 20th 2003. Its EB3 RIR. My case was filed from Michigan state. Cleared regional and transfered to Chicago in May 2004. After that my lawyer or me don't have any tracking of the application. We assume its with Dallas BEC. I didn't receive any 45 day letter yet.
Did anybody receive 45 day letter who filed from Michigan in Mar'03 and whose applications transfered to Chicago in May'04.
Any information is appreciated.

getinfo said:
finally I received my 45 day letter!

getinfo,

Could you tell me who received one (your employer or your attorney) ?
If it is your employer whom this letter was addressed ?

The letter must say when it was generated, could you tell me that date ?

45 day letter received Aug 25, 2005!!

the due date is 10/10/25, so I think it is send out on Aug 25, 2005.

see my signature for detail.

I don't know if my attorney received it or not. my company is changing the law firm. but my company visa department got the letter. they would not give me a copy of the letter, so I don't know anything more than I post here.

Hi,

Can somebody please update on Non-RIR cases?

Anybody with PD in 2002 has received 45 days letter?

This is very frustrating to see RIR is moving very

fast. :(

Thx

PD 04/2002
NOn rir
CA EB3
T-05140-30***

H1 Hurricane vivtims

Please reply to this message if anybody knows some arrangements are being made by Federal Government for displaced hurricane H1 employees working as School Teachers(Certified & Credentialed) in New Orleans to be placed in other states on priority basis. Is there a possibility of Expediting LCA under the circumstances, if requested? All members please advice.
RD March 5, 2004 Dallas/RIR
45 Days letter replied April 24, 2005
Reply of 45 Days letters received by DOL. on April 28,2005
Issued new Case number by Backlog Center.
Thanks

Hurricane Katrina and Impact on Immigrants

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

"09/07/2005: Hurricane Katrina and Impact on Immigrants

Hurrican Katrina has wiped out important parts of the city of New Orleans seriously affecting the lives of immigrants in the areas. Currently immigration-related local agencies, including local USCIS/CBP/ICE offices, labor department offices, and immigration courts, are all paralized. Additionally, reportedly 40 immigration law firms in New Orleans became the victims and their files and records have been destroyed or lost or damaged. Accordingly, the aliens face huge problems in meeting the timelines for filing because of the closure of the government offices or their inaccessibility to the records and evidence, creating violation of laws, procedures, or deadlines. AILA has thus been working with these government agencies to seek a relief for procedural violations occasioned by the circumstances. Without doubt, the agencies may soon come forward with the announcements of relief, including reconstruction of lost or destroyed records and evidence. So far, however, only one relief has been announced by the DHS that they will waive I-9 compliance requirement for 45 days for the alien victims of the hurricane.
More difficult issues are raised with reference to those alien workers whose employers have been destroyed, resulting in loss of their jobs. Since they cannot work, they fall out of status under the employment-based nonimmigrant visa laws. The victims can include professional as well as nonprofessional alien workers. The basis of their nonimmigrant visa status has been wiped out over night! For these workers, the agencies should consider two layers of relief: First is the waiver of loss of "status" for not working for the employer. The second is a stop-gap relief allowing these people to seek change of status or extension of status either through another employer or another types of visas, tolling the clock of unlawful presence for a period of time.
The alien workers in these areas suffer double: Loss of the living and emotional turmoil, which all the victims are currently suffering in the areas. However, in the case of the alien workers, they also face loss of legal basis to remain in the U.S. and legal status because of the loss of the job. The government should embrace these special victims by generously stretching the "extraordinary circumstances"exception rule under Section 248 of the immigration regulation to waive untimely filing of change or extension of nonimmigrant status for a period of time such that their immigration problems are alleviated.
The business community throughout the country should also embrace these special victims by providing the employment so that they can continue their employment-based nonimmigrant journey. For these special victims, offering water, food, and shelters are not enough. We beg the business leaders to extend their compassion under the unusual circumstances of national crisis. "

My application was sent to the SWA in May 2004
I received the 45 days letter on May 2005 and it was replied.
I am waiting for the approval...
Could someone please tell me when could I receive it???? My visa will expire in 8 months

We don't know

SSara,

Sorry we don't know when you will receive your LC. You are luckier than most of us. You applied your LC in 2004 and received your 45 days letter in a year. Most of the people here haven't heard about their 45 days letter yet and their application were submitted 3 years before yours.

If I were you, I will renew my H1B 6 months before it expires.

what type?

shjo68 said:
seattle: priority date 11/23/03
did not make it to S.F
08/01/05 45 days letter from Dallas Backlog
shjo68, was this EB2 or EB3? And was it RIR or TR?

Thanks

nitinag said:
Congrats , My priority date was 5/2001 too and it is also struck in Dallas.
I hope I will get 45 day letter too .
This is a good news for people struck like us in about 3 years
Thanks

It would be really nice for everyone to put in their details in the signature, as detailed as possible for everyone to see for themselves... and check the show your signature option in the miscellaneous options b4 you submit reply.

Thanks!!

Case Closure

Gurus,

If you can please advise me that would be great.

I received "case closure" notice at my residence, that's how I knew my case is closed. I forwarded that to lawyer.

After 4 months I sent email for H1B extension and got screen shot from Philly which shows my case is still "closed".

However, my laywer sent me screen shot stating my case is open. Screen shot shows online link as http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/PBLSInt/ , and website heading reads "Welcome to the Foreign Labot certification Perm Backlog System".

Which one I should beleive, email screen shot from Philly that my case is still "closed" or screen shot from http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/PBLSInt that my case is "open".

My lawyer does not seems to be an expert, so I request experts to please advise what I should do.

Dallas EB2
Sept 2002
D-XX-XXX-XXXXX

Got Labor Approval today. RIR/EB3

Guys,
I got labor approval today. My Lawyer received hard copy. My case is EB3/RIR. My Q is will there be any advantage for me if I file I-140 before the 30th of this month? OR it doesn't matter since my case is EB3?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
PD: 3/10/03
EB3/RIR/MI
Reached dallas 1/11/05.

LaborSeekar said:
Guys,
I got labor approval today. My Lawyer received hard copy. My case is EB3/RIR. My Q is will there be any advantage for me if I file I-140 before the 30th of this month? OR it doesn't matter since my case is EB3?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
PD: 3/10/03
EB3/RIR/MI
Reached dallas 1/11/05.

Doesn't matter and please post ur question in only one thread...