Daily needs and legal issues until permanent residency is accepted

Visiting Canada during adjustment of status

Hi. Thanks in advance. I like to post a question here and I am sorry if it is not the appropriate place to ask. I like to visit Canadian side of Niagara Falls with my spouse (us passport). I like to know that can I get a single/multiple entry visitor’s visa to Canada if I have EAD and Reentry permit. (At present I am applied for adjustment of status) Can I apply at POE at buffalo OR I have to apply in Canadian consulate in India? What documents they might ask (I have Indian passport with US visa)? Are they asking any financial documents? About $10,000 of recent bank statements are enough? Thank you

Hi Palyhill,

My father who is a citizen of India, came to visit us in USA. But we wanted to visit Niagaral Falls on canadian side & also spend some time with my brother in Torontoand so we applied for a visitor visa to canada. He got a months visa to Canada.

yes, you will need some documents and I submitted the following for my father:
1. passport
2. 2 photos
3. a letter to the consulate
4. financial documents in India.
5. Who/why did you come to usa - as I - as GC holder, had to send my info as well.
6. Return tickets to India.
7. any family ties in india.
8. my bro's financial, tax, paysilp papers.

this is not a comprehensive list, so please visit the canadian embassy website in the usa.
you can mail all the information along with visa processing fee and a return envelop.

if you are asking if you can visit canada as a perm resident of usa, yes you can and dont need a visit visa.
I am a conditional perm resident and did not need visa to go to canada

hope this helps
good luck

Thank you

Hi Trinity,
Thank you for helping and sharing the information. Well, I am not a Permanent Resident in USA at present, but I applied for I 485(adjustment of status), when I was on B2 (with EAD and Reentry permit). I just like to visit the Canadian side of the fall with my wife (she is US citizen). I guess most entertainment part is in Canadian side. I don’t have any other plans to visit Canada at least right now. It looks like your dad applied visit visa for Canada at POE. Did he? Or he applied in India? Well, one more issue is that do I have to show ties with India or USA or just I have to show we have enough financial funds to visit the falls for 2-3 days. I went through the Canadian visa website and it says you can apply at POE or at Buffalo, NY if you reside in USA.
Thank you.

Ead

Hi Guys,
My EAD card production is ordered on Sep 10. I hope it will come to me within next 5-10 days. First I am planning to apply my DL. Well I applied on July 2. I appreciate for your support guys. I guess it takes about 75 days. Thank you.

Hi Guys,
My EAD card production is ordered on Sep 10. I hope it will come to me within next 5-10 days. First I am planning to apply my DL. Well I applied on July 2. I appreciate for your support guys. I guess it takes about 75 days. Thank you.