Daca recipient applied for firearms permit, got denied

Bigbuff7

Hi everyone,

I applied in the state of New Jersey for a firearms permit. Today I received a phone call from the chief of police explaining that I am in the country illegally and immigration confirmed that I am illegal but not being pursued. He said he will send me a letter in the mail explaining this and why I was declined a firearms permit.

I live at my parents house, which they are fully illegal. Can the police and will they tip off ICE? I’m worried about them coming after my parents.

Hi everyone,

I applied in the state of New Jersey for a firearms permit. Today I received a phone call from the chief of police explaining that I am in the country illegally and immigration confirmed that I am illegal but not being pursued. He said he will send me a letter in the mail explaining this and why I was declined a firearms permit.

I live at my parents house, which they are fully illegal. Can the police and will they tip off ICE? I’m worried about them coming after my parents.
I live in NJ as well

What in God's name were you thinking about applying for a firearms permit knowing you aren't a citizen. Not only that an "illegal"

Not trying to scare you but Expect a visit from ice. They sure love making house calls in Jersey. They dragged my. Brothers long time friend out of a car saying he was in the country illegally along with the sherrifs department.
FYI if immigration wasn't pursuing you. Rest assure they might now. I can't imagine an illegal wanting to acquire a firearm would sit well with them!!

So filing an application is grounds for suspicion? I’m not an illegal immigrant, I’m a daca recipient. I don’t see what the issue with trying to legally acquire a firearm is. Figured if they didn’t give it to me, oh well.
For ice to get involved it would be contingent on the police department contacting them no?

Last edited: