• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

cutt-offs are out for january..any predictions for coming months?

jimmykent

Registered Users (C)
I am very surprised of the numbers for january...they look great..please give your predictions for coming months? what cutt-offs would be for feb and march?
I am very happy for the january numbers. My number is eu 18XXX , I guess the way it goes I have a chance in March I hope..I also think with this rate, eu25xxx s will be current around may or june..what do you guys think..please give your predictions...

1st: Please update your profile the way we all did. ;)

2nd: We have CN 16XXX and I expect the interview in March, and 18XXX should be current in April.

I also think that all European CNs will become current this year.

1st: Please update your profile the way we all did. ;)

2nd: We have CN 16XXX and I expect the interview in March, and 18XXX should be current in April.

I also think that all European CNs will become current this year.

I agree, I reckon EU will be current in Aug this year. The EU numbers are moving very quickly. I still think that this is because there is most likely a lower take up of visas from EU applicants. Thus the number of visas being issued is low.

As I always maintain, all of us here that post on this forum have a genuine interest in obtaining a GC. However most of the EU countries in general are great places to live and people may not want to move to the US even given the choice, as crazy as that would seem to us.

I am VERY conscious of 2005 though, where the last two bulletins (Aug, Sep) were stuck on 20,500. That would not be good! However the total applicants for that lottery was 9.5 million compared to 6.4 million for DV 2008 so there is some major statistical fundamental differences there. Anyway fingers crossed that does not happen again. :)

Also I reckon (EU)

FEB: 15,500
MAR 17,800

No real reason for the numbers just a total guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
happy

My number is EU21+++ and I m very happy because number moving so fast.
If my number become current in may or jun,when can I expect interview?
What do you think ...it s real with this number?
Thanks

the numbers are moving very fast in Europe and other countries but not so in Nigeria.
Nigeria only got additional 300 for the month of January which is not encouraging at all.
All the same, those of us with high numbers are being hopeful.

the numbers are moving very fast in Europe and other countries but not so in Nigeria.
Nigeria only got additional 300 for the month of January which is not encouraging at all.
All the same, those of us with high numbers are being hopeful.

Yup, the next bulletin will really tell wats going on in Nigeria. if the number dosen't atleast move by 1,000 for nigeria, then we'll have a huge problem.

Yup, the next bulletin will really tell wats going on in Nigeria. if the number dosen't atleast move by 1,000 for nigeria, then we'll have a huge problem.

It is unfortunate alright but don’t forget that there was nearly 9000 winners in NIGERIA this year. And only a max of 3500 visas can be issued, So there will be disappointment in NIGERIA for a large number of people. But we all know these things before we play the lottery, unfortunately there is just not enough US visas to go around, I say this fully aware that I may also not get a visa due all the available visas for my region being issued before my case No is reached. What can you do apart from staying positive?

As I always maintain, all of us here that post on this forum have a genuine interest in obtaining a GC. However most of the EU countries in general are great places to live and people may not want to move to the US even given the choice, as crazy as that would seem to us.

True, but those who are not interested probably wouldn't have bothered applying in the first place. I think the Department of State is simply being aggressive in order to create demand for visas to ensure all 50,000 visas are actually used, and they will probably throttle the supply of visas towards the end of the year as the total number of visas issued nears 50,000. The main advantage for the Department of State is avoiding the mad rush to finalize applications, especially those that require administrative processing, towards the end of the fiscal year. They have used similar tactics for employment based visas in the past.

Numbers

we have a very good chance
FEB EU 15 700
MAR EU 18 200
APR EU 20 400
WHAT DO YOU THINK ???

I think you are very reasonable with your predictions of EU for coming months:cool:. I have to say, also Mihiranga had the best predictions last time..Mr. sir mihiranga where are you? we need your opinion on this matter urgently:):)

yes, she is the best...Where are you,tell us what do you think about numbers for the next months