• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Cutoff Date

marianna

Registered Users (C)
I am from Ukraine. Department of State just came out with a cutoff date for Ukraine of 5,750 in June. My number is 6xxx. My application was received on March 14 and I will have my fingerprints done on May 18 - the earliest I could schedule for. Could anyone advise if I the cutoff date for me is based on when I submitted the application or when they actually will be making decision - which could be in June or later? Thanks.

the cutoff date is not determined by when submitted the application. It is determined by the pace with which DOS works. Your interview will not be scheduled until your number is current, which may happen in July, August or September.

would you say there is a chance my 6xxx number might not become current at all given the 5750 cutoff?

I called KCC and asked about the cutoff for Poland (which is inthe same situation as Ukraine), and how many visa numbers a left for the country. They told me they don't know exactly how many remain for Poland, but in general, 80% of all available visa numbers have already been used.

So, if only 3500 visa's are available for the Ukraine, and 5,361 NL were sent out, then means a maximum of 65% of all people in the Ukraine who received winning notice letters will get a visa (this assumes that all of the first 3500 people are even eligible).

lets assume that they have passed the 80% point in Ukraine, which means they have already issued at least 2800 green cards for Ukraine. This leaves them with 700 more visa's for that country.

There are between 250 and 1250 case numbers before they get to yours, depending on what your exact number is, and not all of those numbers replied, and not all of them qualify. After they issue about 700 more visa's in the coming months, they will close the doors for Ukraine.

You still have a pretty good chance, but there is a small chance that they will run out of numbers before they get to you.

Good Luck!

Thanks, great analysis. My number is between 61xx and 64xx, so based on your analysis, I have a chance - but it's getting very-very close.. and timewise too...

Nature of Cutoff Number

Is the priority number based on your Native Country or Native Region?

vsaminat said:
Is the priority number based on your Native Country or Native Region?

The priority number is for the whole region, but each country cannot be issued more than 7% of the total number of visas available worldwide. Some countries reach this limit faster than others, and thus the department of state issues a cutoff number for that country that is lower than the number for the region.

cutoff number is related to country region

Country region for cutoff number BUT no more than 7% for each country within that region. SO, if one country in a region has a much higher number of applicants then each applicant in that country will have a lower chance of selection. Does that make sense? (Not sure)

:)