Customer Service: case will be processed in next 2 months

Cybex

Registered Users (C)
I'm celebrating half-year anniversary of my N-400 application. As a part of that I called Customer Service 800 phone, and received the following answer, after a small pause: 'System is showing to me that your case will be processed in the next two months.' (Status of my name check was not available/visible to the rep, she said.)

Does anybody have a similar experience with USCIS phone help line? I'm wondering if they just updated their language answering status questions, or it's a real thing??

"Next two months". I'm sorry, I'm quietly chuckling as I read that. I expect that it is simply based on the "data" they use to feed the processing times web site - which is only slightly better information than the "online status" web site.

Good luck. Happy anniversary. I didn't celebrate my half year N-400 anniversary, but I did go for an infopass when it turned 1.

My daughter's N-600 application hits its first birthday next week. I'm planning on chocolate cake.

Nothing much to add but it feels nice to see you guys with sense of humor about this.
Cybex, Keep it up. It will be done sooner or later :)

Connect to a rep

I tried a couple of times via 800 customer service number, only got automated answers, once I stayed on the line for couple of minutes, and it even forced me out.

How to connect to a representative? My priority date is near the processing date (10/12/2006) posted last month.

My N-400 time line:
Priority date: 10/25/2006
Finger print: 11/14/2006
Nothing ever since.

Keep in mind

How to connect to a representative? My priority date is near the processing date (10/12/2006) posted last month.

Please make sure that your call always gets transferred to the immigration officer who can look up your case with your A# in detail and tell you how far are you with your N-400 application. Those people who answer your initial call are bunch of idiots who are just trained to read scripts off of the screen. Don't get irritated with them. Your goal should be not to waste too much time with them.