Currently in India for 6 mts, Cp Interview in OCt'2002

Sri20

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I'm currently in india for the past six months and my interview date is on 24th oct'2002...anyone going for have already gone for Cp interview in a similar situation please reply ....advise!

Thanks

Sri20

I completed my CP interview on august without any problem. came here last year. happy to answer your queries.

Thanks for the imm. response

Hi Faizee

Thanks for the reply...did u have ur interview in Chennai consulate, did they ask u anything regarding ur stay in india ....please reply

Hi Sri20,

I am in a similar situation, though I am still waiting for my interview call. What did you do regarding PCC? Did you get it in India? If so, how did you go about it?

Hi Sudden

Basically i submitted my passport in the regional passport office under miscellaneous services for PCC , they asked which country and asked me to collect it in the evening. I'm yet to take a PCC from my local police station or from the Police commissioner office.

Thanks

hi

my wife has been in India for more than six months and we took certificates for her from the regional passport office and the local SP office....yet to appear for the interview but hoping that should be sufficient.

Thanks

Hi Sri20,

Thanks for the response. I got my PCC from the commissioner's office (Bangalore) first - no problems. Got it in 2 days. They basically get your passport(s) copy and fill out a form and seal it in an envelope and send it to your local police station. In my case, he just handed the sealed envelope to me and I took it to the cop station, where I gave it to the writer and he accompanied me home right away, verified my residence and indicated so in the letter which I took back to the commissioner's office and next day, picked up the PCC.

Regarding the PCC from the passport office, I downloaded the miscellaneous services form from the website (http://passport.nic.in/vspassport/ppforms.htm) - is it enough if I just fill that up and hand it over to someone at the passport office? What enclosures are needed? Passport copies? Do I have to give my original passport? Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

One more question to add to above - does it matter that the passport was not issued by the Bangalore Passport office, when I submit my PCC application at the Bangalore Passport office? Mine (and my wife's) was issued at the consulate in San Francisco.

Also, Sri20, there is a space on the miscellaneous form for "Amount of Fee paid" and "Bank Draft No" - do I need to take a bank draft, or can I pay cash? How much?

Thanks in advance.

Sri20,

They just asked me about my employer that ' which company you are work for?' that's it, before that one white lady came to our lobby and asked all immigrants to raise our hands and asked us to take oath. that's all

Hi Sudden,
You can pay cash for the PCC at the counter, i'm not too sure...but i can say that u can apply for ur wife also for the PCC at the regional passport office, since it is issued by San francisco Indian consulate, i think the passport office at bangalore might take a day or two more to issue the PCC, generally they give u the PCC in the evening itself if the passport is issued by Bangalore passport office.......in ur wife case since it is issued in SAn francisco , they might issue in a day or two.

Hi Sudden

Two things when u are submitting ur passport at the regional passport office for ur PCC, .........I Think the Misce...form that we download from the website is no good!, u need to buy the form at the passport office, and another thing for PCC along with the application form you need to submit 3 personal particulars form.
The following are the things u need to submit for ur PCC at the regional passport office:-

1) Your Passport
2) Filled in Miscellanous application form (which requires 2 photograps) and i think costs u Rs.5/- which can be bought at the passport office.
3) Three filled in Personal particulars forms.(which requires 3 photographs one for each)..and these forms are available free of cost at the passport office.
4) Cash of Rs.300/- for the service which can be paid at the counter.

**Better to go with along with your wife for two reasons, for the ladies the queue or entry into the office is fast and you can accompany ur wife instead of standing in a separate line! and secondly sometimes they might insist of the actual person being there who is applying for the service.

Usually they give u the passport right the next day evening, in case of the passport being issued by any other passport office they might take couple of more days.

Once u get the passport it would have a stamp and a writen note in it and along with it he even issues a clear certificate on a paper signed by the regional passport office incharge!

Since it does not ask for any other docs to be submitted , u could directly go there, buy the forms and finish everything right away and submit.

Thanks

Hi Faizee,
thanks for the response.....could u please tell me as to
1) Which consulate u had ur interview and when in august and as to how u arranged ur docs for the interview,

2)regarding Pay stubs , the latest one i have is that of Jan 2002, i came here immd in feb 2002,

3)My employer is sending me the latest letter of employment by Oct 1st or 2 nd week. He would be sending one for wife also as she was issued an H1 from the same company though when she came to US she could not work due to her health and was there only for 5 months and we came back.

4) I have my w2 forms for the last two years(i.e 2001 and 2002) since i came to US only in the year 2000 Sept. Should i ask someone in the US to collect and send me the IRS Tax transcripts.

5)How did u fill in the I-134 and what are the supporting docs u gave incase u had any dependents?

5)I have deposited around 5000$ in my bank account in US during the first week of sept. and i have another Citibank NRI account which has a deposit of about $3000, are these statements enough for supporting docs for I-134. for my six months old son and my wife?

6) Is it necessary that we need to show the bank statement for the last three months or can i ask the bank to give me a statement for the last one year as mentioned in the I-134 supporting docs requirement

Please advise, and let me know about any other additional docs that might be required. Your help in answering the above queries is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards!

Hi Sri20,

1) Which consulate u had ur interview and when in august and as to how u arranged ur docs for the interview,
Chennai consulate on 29 August 2002
Passport
3 immigration photos
DS-230 I & II - verified and returned Part I
Birth Certificates Orig - verified and returned
Birth Certificates copy
Marriage certificate orig - verified and returned
Marriage certificate copy
Marriage photo 3 nos - verified and returned
PCC from regional passport office orig
PCC from regional passport office copy - verified and returned
PCC from Local police station orig
PCC from Local police station copy - verified and returned
Employment Letter notarised orig
Employment Letter notarised copy - verified and returned
IRS - 9001 filled - verified and returned
W2 and tax return paeprs, filled in Apr 2002

2)regarding Pay stubs , the latest one i have is that of Jan 2002, i came here immd in feb 2002,
I had April 2001 paystub, they returnd orig and copies

3)My employer is sending me the latest letter of employment by Oct 1st or 2 nd week. He would be sending one for wife also as she was issued an H1 from the same company though when she came to US she could not work due to her health and was there only for 5 months and we came back.

employment letter should be notarised and latest one(less than a month).

4) I have my w2 forms for the last two years(i.e 2001 and 2002) since i came to US only in the year 2000 Sept. Should i ask someone in the US to collect and send me the IRS Tax transcripts.

no need for IRS Tax transcripts

5)How did u fill in the I-134 and what are the supporting docs u gave incase u had any dependents?

I have two dependent - my wife and kid ( he is a US citizen)
I filled for my wife only.

5)I have deposited around 5000$ in my bank account in US during the first week of sept. and i have another Citibank NRI account which has a deposit of about $3000, are these statements enough for supporting docs for I-134. for my six months old son and my wife?

they didn't ask me about the bank statements. since we are in india the employment letter is a financial proof.

6) Is it necessary that we need to show the bank statement for the last three months or can i ask the bank to give me a statement for the last one year as mentioned in the I-134 supporting docs requirement

I think bank statements are not neccesary, because GC is for future employments.

Thanks a lot Faizee for the detailed info that u have given me. this will surely help me a lot.
Would write to u again for further queries and again on that would appreciate ur help.
Thanks again.

Hi Sri20

Thank you very much for the detailed response. Your point noted regarding taking my wife along. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Faizee

Hi Faizee

I need some other info....what exactly is the income tax return papers?, i have my W2 and the papers that my tax consultant has sent?....could u tell me and one more thing in the P4 list they ask for latest bank statements( for 3 to 6 months), did they ask anything about it because being in india i would not be able to give any?....did they ask anything for which u had to give a reply?...please advise

thanks and regards