Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

gb04

Registered Users (C)
So I finally get an 485 RFE for both my case (primary) and my spouse. Just an email, nothing in the mail. This will be my first RFE in the tens of applications I sent to USCIS over the last 8 yrs. And that too when my case has no chance of approval for years to come. Anywa, will keep you posted.

Wonder if they mail it to the sponsor, lawyer or directly to me?

Wonder if they mail it to the sponsor, lawyer or directly to me?

Should go to lawyer and you.... not sponsor.. sponsor has nothing to with this... this is your petition..

I hope it is simple one.. think it this way... it is good thing that they're touching your case.... make sure you apply promptly and everything they asked for.. don't leave it to lawyer... I'm sure after your response, it will adjudicated quickly.

Good luck!

Thanks for info and words of encouragement. But my PD makes my case impossible to be adjudicated positively (as in issue of a visa number for my green card) in the next few years. But if they want to deny, sure, there is no retrogression for that ;)

Anyway, I am not too stressed about it atleast until I see what they want. My case is pretty straightforward so I don't forsee any major issues.

My Lawyer Got Call from INS

Hi Guy's

my lawyer got a call from INS asking for Employment verification Letter.

I am wondering whats going on?
My priority date is
Inida :June 2002 visa number is unavailable?

what could be the reaso, because my priority date is way far.

gb04,
I have also received the automatic notification RFE (email) for my I-485 on 4/23/09. The RFE will be sent to Attorney only as I have given attorney contact in G28 form. Eagerly waiting to see the RFE.
I have applied my H1b renewal and I saw the lud on my H1b renewal as well. I am not sure, why did I receive RFE on my I485 at this time as the prioirity is far away and unavailable at this time.

I think they are spring-cleaning. With hardly new GC cases to work on due to retrogression or much H1b demand, they don't have much work to do so they are dusting off old cases to see which ones can be easily denied and which ones can be conditionally approved (until visa numbers are available).

Please update the thread when you get your RFE notice. Thanks!

You guys are right!

Yes, they might be dusting the cases, I got LUD's on my 485 case (Including dependents) today, but the messages remain same on all the cases.

I think so PRMAN.
my case too got soft LUD on 4/21/2009. no message change.This happened on all dependent cases.

485 PD 06/2001. ND 08/14/2007 , FP 09/14/2007,
last LUD - 9/14/2007, 04/21/2009

So I just got the RFE in the mail. It's for not doing the skin test procedure for TB or explaining why it should be waived in our I-693 application. A long time ago, some officer had warned that I should get this test done because that had been flagged on our file but I decided to wait until I actually got an RFE and now I did. So this is not a big deal I think. For some weird reason, it says in the RFE that its related to my I-140 but that was approved years ago. Anywho.

I have also received the RFE. It is asking to submit a current letter on company letter head who filed I140 on your behalf stating their continued intereset in hiring you, duties to be perfomed and remuneration.

I am assuming that I need to submit the duties in accordance with my labor. Is it correct or do I need to submit the current duties?

1. As I have a LUD on my H1 and H4 renewal on the same date of I485RFE, do I need to be cautious with my employer reply.

2. As they have asked I485RFE, will it be any relation to my H1b renewal as well I485?

3. My labor was filed under EB2 and I140 filed under EB3 and approved as EB3 by lawyer mistake. The EB2 correction was not done due to employer change.

I am with the same employer from the labor to till date.
Gurus, pPlease advise. I am confused and need your help. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Many years, I see and LUD change on my case. It appears that cases are being processed irrespective of the priority date.

So I guess our suspicion was correct: "Preadjudication of Visa Number Retrogressed Cases: Preadjudication means the agency completes adjudication but for approval pending the visa number availability for each applicant in the future. This preadjudication practice is made possible because of the reduced new case receipts and overall reduced case loads." from http://www.immigration-law.com/

Btw, we did do our skin tests again and sent it back through the lawyer. The online status eventually changed to "received and processing resumed".