Current Status: Card production ordered.

MADANST

Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

What does this mean? I got my Green Card?

Yes, it means your case is approved and they are printing your card. Your status may update again after they mail it to you. Congrats.

This is off topic. I wanted to post a new thread about my green card which arrived with error. How could I start a new post on this forum?
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Thanks

I have a problem though. I'm moving to a new home on Jan 5, 2007. Should I call USCIS and inform them that if they send the new card after Jan 5, 2007, send it to new address or else send it to current (old) address?

Thanks

Cover your bases: If you will have access to your new place before Jan 5, or at least the mailbox at your new place, call USCIS and update your address. Also, if possible, place your name inside the mailbox of your new place. It is most likely that the card will not arrive before Jan 5 anyway, with Tuesday being a holiday and all of that. Also keep a spare key to the mailbox of your old place, and inform the postal delivery person of your old place that you are expecting an important document from the Department of Homeland Security. This happened to me, and because I talk to the postman at my old place before I left, he forwarded an approval notice to my new address (even though he wasn't supposed to). So update your mailing address ASAP but try to have access to both mailboxes as long as you can.

Cover your bases: If you will have access to your new place before Jan 5, or at least the mailbox at your new place, call USCIS and update your address. Also, if possible, place your name inside the mailbox of your new place. It is most likely that the card will not arrive before Jan 5 anyway, with Tuesday being a holiday and all of that. Also keep a spare key to the mailbox of your old place, and inform the postal delivery person of your old place that you are expecting an important document from the Department of Homeland Security. This happened to me, and because I talk to the postman at my old place before I left, he forwarded an approval notice to my new address (even though he wasn't supposed to). So update your mailing address ASAP but try to have access to both mailboxes as long as you can.

JK, the problem is that the Post Office does not forward official mail from the Govt (as you've remarked about your own case as well) - it is normally just returned back.

So considering the timing, isn't it better if Madan does NOT update the address with USCIS and endeavors to keep both mailbox keys over the next few days, till he gets the GC - even if it means paying rent for the previous place at exhorbitant rates?

And since they allow you 10 days after the move for AR-11, he should be ok from that perpective.

What do you think?

I am assuming that the card will not arrive before the 5th, and may not even be sent out before the 5th, which is why I said to go ahead and change the address. The card may not arrive before mid January at the earliest. I also assumed that MADANST had already given notice to his old apartment, and it's too late to extend it. What I do not know (and it would be helpful to know) is whether or not MADANST has already given the post office his forwarding notification. If he has already submitted his forwarding address to the post office with a start date of Jan 5 or earlier, then the letter (which I think will arrive after Jan 5) will be returned (not returned back, just returned ;) ). That's why I said to go ahead. But either way, having access to both mailboxes during the next 3-4 weeks will be very useful. In the end, MADANST will get the card!

Sometimes they sent the card in envlope which doesnt have "return request" written on it and post office will forward that mail to your new address. That's exactly happend in our case, we changed the apartment and file AR-11 and they approved our case. I was in touch with my previous apartment leasing office to get my card in case they got it, but post office forwarded our cards to new address.

JK, the problem is that the Post Office does not forward official mail from the Govt (as you've remarked about your own case as well) - it is normally just returned back.

So considering the timing, isn't it better if Madan does NOT update the address with USCIS and endeavors to keep both mailbox keys over the next few days, till he gets the GC - even if it means paying rent for the previous place at exhorbitant rates?

And since they allow you 10 days after the move for AR-11, he should be ok from that perpective.

What do you think?